Atrium Palace

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Atrium Palace

paradise

by TripAdvisor Member atg1

We are Greece veterans but have never stayed anywhere like the Atrium Palace,it was superb,probably helped by the fact we had the holiday at a fraction of the advertised cost!the whole hotel is immaculately clean,the staff were all delightful.The grounds were spectacular .Only downside was the beach,shingle and it shelved quite steeply so probably not great for children or non-swimmers.All in all it is a fabulous hotel and we highly reccomend it.Definitely 5stars.

Atrium , Peaceful & Comfortable

My husband and I just spent a relaxing weeks break at the Atrium Palace Resort Hotel in Rhodes.

We could recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a peaceful and relaxing break away from it all. I would not however think this would really be suitable for children of either teenage years or young people who are seeking more activity or night life.

The only two things that we felt let it down was the shortage of variety and choice in its restaurant. We booked half-board but ate in the hotel only one night and that was when we arrived, otherwise we ate at the tavernas close by who sold very reasonably priced quality meals. The food was geared up for a more continental palate.

The swimming pool area was of a very high standard and you could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel in any areas.

We did however book a junior suite with a side sea view, but you could not see the sea from any angle of our suite, so I would advise caution when thinking of booking a junior suite.

All in all a very peaceful and enoyable hotel, if wanting in certain areas.

Magical hotel in a stunning setting

My husband and I work hard and we wanted a relaxing holiday far from the noise and bustle of big cities so we could refresh both body and soul. We found the perfect spot at Atrium Palace.

We stayed in a villa with our own private pool. The rooms were clean, well appointed and beautifully furnished. We visited other rooms during our stay and they were all of the same high standard. We were able to swim and relax in the crystal clear Mediterranean Sea, the hotel main pool or our own private pool. The choice was ours as the mood took us and we were able to relax in different surroundings. The main pool is very large and beautifully landscaped. We enjoyed the exercise sessions in the pool led by the very friendly recreation personnel. They made us feel very welcome.
There was a different show every evening which meant we didn't have to leave the hotel for entertainment unless we wanted to. One evening we took a taxi to the neighbouring village of Lindos, a typical idyllic greek village. We wandered the narrow streets and enjoyed a nightcap looking out over the bay with the moonlight casting a glow and the illuminated acropolis behind us. Magic!

The breakfast at Atrium Palace is legendary. We have never seen such a wide variety of food. You name it - it was there! Plentiful, freshly prepared, tasty - it was a feast fit for the greek gods!! The evening meal was just as sumptuous. And the staff were polite, friendly, always smiling and ready to oblige.

The Thalgo Spa situated in the gardens of the hotel is certainly an oasis of pampering and indulgence. We visited several times and took advantage of the services offered by the very professional staff - everything from massage and body scrubs to manicures and hair dressing. As well there is the therapy pool, saltwater pool, hammam, suana, and gym. The spa is beautifully and luxuriosly designed with marble and mosaic tiles and soothing colours.

Now we are back home in New Zealand and we are already planning our next trip to Europe which will certainly include a stop at Atrium Palace for a refereshing break. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, with fabulous facilities and great food, friendly staff and greek sunshine, then go to Atrium Palace on the beautiful island of Rhodes.

Excellent!!!

I enjoyed my holiday so much that I decided to book for next year already.
I even visit the web page of the hotel everyday just to imagine myself being there. From the moment we walked in to the time of check out we were treated with genuine greek hospitality. This was the first time I visited Rhodes. My wife wanted to stay in Rhodes town but I wanted peace and relaxation. The Atrium Palace is the place to be. And she did not complain.

The room was beautiful and the service excellent. Reception, the restaurant, the spa and the chambermaids were top! I felt so comfortable I wanted to call everyone with their name. This hotel has nothing to envy from larger chain resorts that we tend to book because of a brand name.

For those who want to visit Rhodes Island and stay near Lindos, then the Atrium is the hotel you should book. A true diamond.

Beautiful and Fantastic Hotel

My girlfirend and I stayed in the Atrium palace Hotel for 7 nights. We stayed on a Bed and Breakfast basis and had a wonderful time!!

We arrived very early on the 21st May (3am) and had decided not to book a room; so I rang the Hotel from the airport and they said that there was a room available and it would cost 120 Euro's. This was fine(we were just happy to get a bed) and so we drove to the hotel, got our room and slept untill morning!!! We woke for breakfast and then went to reception to change into our 'booked' room. They dealt with us very well and they said because we had arrived so late in the mornign and only had the room for a few hours that they would only charge us 70 Euros! They didn't have to do this and I knoe for sure that in any of the large chain hotel group they would certainly not care that much!!!!

The Gym and Spa facilities are amazing and beautifully done. We had a hire car, but Lindos centre is only a 10 Euro taxi fare away. Although many families stayed around the hotel facilites for the duration of their holiday.

The evenign entertainment was enjoyable and from what we saw the Childrens 'Animation Team' kept the children entertained.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and enjoyed every second. We thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone!

wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member Dutch Brother

We had a great time at the Atrium Palace, but we might be biased because we got a significant upgrade, from a junior suite to a presidential suite. It had two bedrooms, a living/dining room, a full bath and a half bath, and a covered balcony lined with plants that spanned both bedrooms. The total indoor floor area must have been close to 800 square feet. It was very well furnished, with mini-fridges and TVs in both bedrooms, robes and slippers, extensive toiletries, and much, much more. The hotel's facilities are exceptional as well. It has an excellent outdoor pool complex, an indoor pool, a children's pool, a spa complex, a fitness center, a choice of four restaurants, a small but handy playground, a well-stocked mini-market, and a lot else. The restaurants we tried were good to very good. The hotel is a ten minute drive from the town of Lindos, well worth visiting for its castle with its fantastic views. The beach is a few minute walk, but is mainly pebbles and nothing special. We preferred the pools and so did our three year old daughter. Service was friendly and attentive. Staff who had not seen my wife and I together somehow knew we were a couple, and even made reference to information contained in our registration. They tried to make their service feel personal, and succeeded. This is a resort hotel where you could easily spend all day and never leave. It might not be quite a five star hotel by international standards, but it is very close, and its shoulder season rates make it a great deal.

Stunning 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SlLVER_FOX

Having travelled to Rhodes before and experienced what was supposed to be a '5' star hotel in Ixia, I would never have gone back out of choice.

However, due to a family wedding my wife and I found ourselves searching for some quality accomodation and after doing a large amount of research we decided that the Atrium Palace was the resort for us.

We stayed in a Deluxe Villa and believe me when I say you definitely will not be dissappointed.

The check-in was a breeze with the reception staff being very polite and helpful. A bell boy then took all of our luggage and led us down to our room.

The first thing that you will notice is the immaculate pathways, all ceramic tiles rather than paved and lined with various tropical plants and also being well lit at night.

On arriving at the room the bell boy carried all of our luggage in and then proceeded to demonstrate the workings of the room from lights through to air conditioning.

Through the main doorway we entered a small hallway that had wardrobes, mini-bar, full tea and coffee making facilties including a kettle and two doors, one to the bathroom the other to the bedroom.

The bathroom was well equipped with a toilet (full flushing - if you have been to Rhodes before you will know what I am talking about, if you have not then you will find that many facilities do not allow you to flush toilet paper, in these cases it has to be put in a bin to the side of the toilet), bidet, two sinks, hairdryer, jacuzzi bath and shower. There were a number of towels which were changed daily, bathrobes and slippers.

The bedroom had a super king size bed, sofa and chair seating area, large widescreen TV with various satellite channels, DVD player, dressing table and remote control digital air conditioning.

The room had been left with a bouquet of flowers, champagne and a basket of fresh fruit.

At the end of the bedroom was a floor to ceiling, wall to wall sliding door that led out on to a private terrace with a sofa, sunbeds, coffee table and private heated swimming pool.

My description of the room may not entirely do it justice, so please see the photos for a better view.

As a guests within a villa we received a number of benefits over guests staying in the standard rooms within the hotel and I am led to believe that these benefits are offered to all villa guests.

They include free use of the safety deposit box (Euro 20 per week for none villa guests), the coffee making facilities, free membership to the Thalasso Spa which gave a Euro 10 saving for every visit made to the spa to use the gym, swimming pool etc, a service button that you press when leaving your room that calls the maids to clean your room whilst you are out and finally a private dining area for the a la carte breakfast.

All guests have access to the buffet breakfast which has a wide range of foods from cereals through to full cooked breakfasts, as a villa guest you also get a table secluded from the general dining area and complimentary access to the a la carte menu which included a range of dishes that are prepared and served to your table by a waiter. You are also given freshly squeezed orange juice and champagne on arrival. If you are feeling really lazy the waiters will also fetch anything you want from the buffet as well.

At the same restaurant, known as Symposian, you can also have dinner (this is where you would eat anyway if staying on a HB basis). The dinner option is buffet only (Euro 15) or buffet and a la carte (Euro 20). The buffet only was more than acceptable as an average evening meal. The a la carte option just gave you the choice of three dishes served to your table by a waiter. Unfortunately these dishes could not be classed as a la carte, they were just average main dishes.

For something different in the evening the Asterias a la carte restaurant is definitely worth a try. The surroundings are excellent and the food is served to match, my wife and I could not fault it. There are also reasonable tavernas located near to the hotel that offer good value and quality greek food.

For lunch there is a small taverna called Nicolas that serves very good snacks and main dishes, alternativelty the hotel has the Poseidon Pool Restaurant but this was not very consistent with the levels of service or quality.

The hotels facilities are excellent, with more than 10 communal swimming pools, mini golf, tennis court and reasonable evening entertainment there is always plenty to do.

We went to Pefkos for a couple of evenings (Euro 13 by taxi each way) where there are a large number of bars and some quality restaurants. Enigma is well worth a visit for very high quality greek food in stunning contemporary surroundings.

In all the hotel is excellent, it offers peace and tranquiltity with superb levels of service along with being extremely well located to a but more 'hustle and bustle'.

Some tips for those thinking of staying there:

1) Buy supplies from the shop in the basement, they sell water for Euro 1 for 1.5l, the mini bar charges Euro 1.80 for 0.5l. The shop is also good for snacks, papers and general supplies.

2) Leave a small tip for the cleaners, they give your room that little extra personal attention.

3) If you cannot decide whether to pay the extra for the villa, bite the bullet and go for it, you will not be dissappointed. When booking try to get a garden view villa, the outlook of the others is not as attractive (slightly baron dry landscape).

Finally, if we go back to Rhodes in the future, I can confirm that we would not hesitate in staying here again.

Absolute bliss!

by TripAdvisor Member medwaygirl

My Mum and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday here after reading previous good reviews about this hotel. We were not disappointed!

The hotel was abosolutely beautiful, luxurious and vey clean. The room was lovely with complimentary fruit, wine, bathrobes and slippers and had very effective airconditioning which could be set at varying levels. Our balcony overlooked the gardens and kalathos bay.

The food both for breakfast and dinner was outstanding and there was an amazing amount to choose from, catering for every possible taste and nationality. The first evening at dinner you choose a table to eat at , either inside the resuarant or outside , and this is the same table you have all the way through your hoiday. In the morning you can sit anywhere for breakfast. For dinner you choose your starter from the buffet, either hot or cold or both and you can have a much as you like or soup.. For main course there are 3 set choices or you can have the buffet again. What I found useful was a sample of each main course was on display in the resturant so you could see what it looked like. One evening we didn't particularly like the main course and even though we didn't say anything the manager offered to cook us someting else which I thought was very nice.

The gardens and pools were outstanding and there was always a presence of maintenance people busy keeping everything spotless. They even sprayed regularly everywhere to stop bugs and mossies! There were always plenty of sunbeds but this didn't stop some people putting there towels down early in the mornings! The main pool was great for children as most of it was very shallow. Also there was a waterfall, and little bridges that they all seemed to enjoy.

We stayed mainly by the second pool which was practically empy most of the time and very quite

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. My Mum was taken very poorly one day and the chambermaids helped me get her to our room. They couldn't have been more hepful.

The animation girls were lovely and kept everyone's children entertained. In the evenings there was different entertainment; belly dancers, greek dancers, mini disco for kids etc. If your looking for very lively entertainment or a full blown adult disco this wouldn't have been the place for you. There were a lot of families there with young children or middle aged and older couples.

Kalathos was only about 45 mins from the airport so transfer time was good. Lindos is only a 5 min drive which is a beautiful village,with oldy worldy cobbled streets and lots of shopping. Lovely beach as well.

The only downsides were there wasn't a kettle in the room, so a travel kettle is a must if you like your hot drinks. Even though it states in the rooms you can't use any elecrical items except shavers, because of the fire hazard, we used our kettle and travel iron and nothing was ever said. Also there are no clocks anywhere, not even in the main building, so a travel clock is heplful. Drinks are also bit pricey - we had a medium dry wine at dinner and half a bottle was 11 euros, a full bottle of this in the shop was 5 euros. Kalathos bay is not particularly nice, grey sand and shingle. Reception staff were also a bit sullen at times!

Having 'slummed it' when holidaying in Geece regularly in my 20's this experience was pure heaven now I'm a bit older. Overall a fantastic, relaxing holiday and I will be taking my husband and children there next year for a family holiday.

I would definitely highly recommend this hotel.

very nice

very nice hotel with friendly staff,the room was clean and fresh bed linen was never a problem,the check in was easy and the pool area and spa would be hard to match,.
the only fault we found was the prices in the hotel,the beer and coffee were very expensive for a whole night of staying in hotel, so renting a car is a must as the hotel is a long way from lindos (by foot),we tried walking but the roads are dangerous to walk along and the heat is unbearable at times so a car is a big must .only a 5 min drive to lindos or lardos.we were bed and breakfast and the breakfast was exellent with a very varied buffet menu,but on the whole we had no real complaints and would go there again,really enjoyed our stay.

First time to Rhodes -

by TripAdvisor Member milnerdg

The hotel itself was above average, with all the facilites you would expect from a five star hotel in Greece.

The bar is very pricey for drinks, although the shop is reasonably priced and allows you to buy your own drinks and consume them on your balconey.

Entertainment is average and the usual greek singing dancing etc but nothing to get too excited about.

Car hire is available from the hotel we were quoted 340 euro's for a 4x4 Suzuki, and went in to Lindos and picked one up for less than half that price so shop around if your looking for some wheels.

The location is very remote, a few cafes and shops within walking distance and thats about your lot. For more bars shops etc you need to get a taxi into Lindos town (which is very nice and 10 euro's away)!

Reception staff are rather misserable except one who was rather entertaining. Also expect lights out around 2330 as they dont like you talking or having a quiet drink on the balconey, although I think we were unlucky to have a bookworm and an old dragon either side of us, (Hi Pam!!) ONe night we had a complaint about the noise (2300) and the reception staff came to the front of the hotel and shouted up to us to keep the noise down (rather an unusal way of doing it....)

Pools are fine, although when we were there it was freezing (the water) sea is warmer at the moment but im sure it will get warmer as the weather hots up.

Talking of the beach... (Shingle) so dont hold your breath for a white sandy beach cos it aint gonna happen. Very dry and dusty and we went on it once for about 2 minutes. If your after a beach there is a nice cove in Lindos, or further up land towards falliraki!

Overall though an average hotel in a bad spot with no real (hot) water and clearly trying to charge you for everything!! (including the gym which is 10 euros for one hour)!!!!

Beach side cafeBeach side cafe

Youghurt & coffee @ Perama Taverna in PlataniaYoughurt & coffee @ Perama Taverna in Platania

Fethi Pasha Clock TowerFethi Pasha Clock Tower

AquariumAquarium

deluxe suite atrium palace best location please?????

by boschbabe

If anybody has been to the atrium place in Rhodes and has stayed in a deluxe room could yu please give us some idea of the best situated room/view so that I can request it before we arrive, thank you so much, we only have a week in may but want to visit lindos monmuments and maybe rhodes town, what are the best days and times to go, we are foodies and will be eating out in lindos most nights what the best places to eat and the best times to go and do i need to book at this time of year thank you everybody

Comments