Psaltos, Lindos, Rhodes, 85107, Greece

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Lindos Memories

3rd visit to the Lindos Memories

by TripAdvisor Member Shadbolt

This was my 3rd visit to the Lindos Memories and I have many have memories of our previous holidays there. When we arrived the staff all remembered us. We went straight to the pool restaurant for a drink and where greeted by Chrissa who welcomed us with a hug. We where delighted and so pleased to be back, everything looked the same. It was so peaceful.

We travelled with Argo who where brilliant and our rep Helen visited us the next day. We told Helen that we doubted we would see her until we where going back to the airport.
How wrong we where.
We settled into our suite and enjoyed our first couple of days by the pool.

It wasn't long before we realised that the pool area was becoming increasingly busy and there where lots of children appearing. This hotel has only 70 bedrooms and 1 pool. Anyone reading previous reviews and certainly mine is among them from 2005 would see that children are not really catered for. Nor is there any other activities so if you are looking to be entertained you would be disappointed. However if its peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings with Lindos a stones throw away for your evening entertainment then this was a great hotel.

What was happening was people from other hotels where using the beach (which they are entitled to do) then they would wander up to the pool area. Start using the pool sunbeds and also the pool. We approached the hotel reception who did nothing about this and then spoke to Helen who said she would speak to the manager. In fact on this occasion the pool area was so busy that we observed paying hotel guests who couldn't locate a sunbed with a parasol.

As we approached our second week this got steadily worse and the noise level increased as the children grew bored. What was now happening was that another Mitsis hotel which was a large All inclusive hotel with lots of pools and all the facilities for young people and families had overbooked. Our small peacefull hotel was being turned into an overflow hotel. They where filling it with young people who wanted/needed more facilities and families who had children who where expecting water slides and lots of activities.
Whilst I symathise with there position as they hadn't got the holiday they had booked nor had we.

Sunday morning breakfast is usually a treat as champagne is served and we would have had a long lazy breakfast. The dining room resembled a school dinner hall with the addition of a toddler now running about in nothing but a nappy. This is a hotel which previously had a dress code for diners.

We did speak privately to the Manager and tried to be patient but we could take no more and on contacting our rep Helen we told her we would have to leave. We only had 3 days left of our holiday and felt more stressed then when we had arrived.

We quickly packed and I couldn't even go back to the pool area to say goodbye to Chrissa and some of the staff. I was so upset my ideal retreat had now been totally spoilt. Somewhere that I thought I would always go back to. There where other guests who we recognised from the previous year and they felt the same.

This hotel is not one of the cheapest and I have no problem with that if you are treaded accordingly. I always research my holidays and would hope that in paying that bit extra you would find like minded people doing the same. We could have gone to an all inclusive hotel with all the facilities for less then we paid for bed and breakfast at the Memories but this wasn't what we wanted.

We transferred to another hotel in Lindos for our last 2 and half days. A small boutique hotel with only 12 suites on the donkey track up to the acropolis. The staff where very understanding. We had total peace and exclusivity along with chilled wine and fresh fruit on our arrival. What a place.
We love the island of Rhodes in particular Lindos and will return to sit outside Yannis once again.

Hopefully this was just a one off for the Memories and what I would say is they should have had more consideration for their paying guests who would have returned for many years.

Sarah and Paul, Beverley, East Yorkshire.

Fantastic.

by TripAdvisor Member AJLewis

We stayed at the Lindos Memories to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary at the beginning of August. It was absolutely perfect. We enjoyed it so much we are going back next year. The setting is superb, right on the beach, you can move from the pool to the beach in seconds and the sea water is as warm and clear as the pool! (snorkels and masks a must, available at the shop!) At night the hotel is lit up by candlelight and is a romantics dream. Food is superb. A good nights sleep is ensured by blackout shutters and quiet and extremely efficient air conditioning. (It was 43 degrees one day, we didn't know until we opened the blinds) We had a car for a week and enjoyed the island to the full. Rhodes town is a must as are the mountains. Lindos with its plethora of roof restaurants must be visited. Well worth a visit, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back!

A Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Scooby2000

This is our second visit to the Lindos Memories. Whilst other reviewers complain about the quietness of this hotel - for me this is what makes it a totally relaxing break. If being 1 mile from a resort is remote (see previous review) then you probably need to go on holiday to a city not a Greek Island.

The Beakfast is good with an excellent choice of hot and cold food. Lunch is also very good - we chose to go just B&B and I'd really recommend that you choose this option. In talking to other guests who were full board - they indicated that the evening meal was not that good -anyway there are so many restaurants in the 3 local resorts - Lindos/ Pefos and Lardos that it would be a shame to eat at the hotel every night and miss out on the atmosphere.

We were upgraded to a suite overlooking the sea - Absloutely fantastic - now I wouldn't want to give away all my secrets but a nice e-mail to the hotel asking if it may be possible for an upgrade often does the trick.

The drinks in the hotel bar are pricey - but no more than you'd usually pay in a 5 star hotel. the bars in the resorts are cheaper and have a bit more atmosphere.

We didn't find the pool or beach plagued by "outsiders" (see other reviews)but I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway, too busy enjoying my holiday to worry about a few locals enjoying the beach.

The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful.

Probably not the best hotel for families/ children but ideal for couples and those looking to have a truly relaxing break.

Sister's Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member kath79

We stayed at the Lindos memories at the end of August / beginning of September and we loved it.

We were there for a family wedding and other members of the party stayed in and around Pefkos/Lindos - they were so jealous of our hotel!! We were on a half board basis (on orders of Thomas Cook) but I'd recommend others to go bed and breakfast. The breakfast was good the few times we actually managed to get up in time.

Lunch at the hotel is expensive - approx 25 euros for 2 people - I loved the pitta, sundried tomatoes and feta!

Dinner is 5 courses and I didn't actually find it that bad (like other reviewers have). I think that sometimes you just have to be adventurous and try things!

However, it is only 5 euros in a taxi to either Lindos or pefkos (we were always charged the same) where there are a multitude of delicious restaurants.

We ordered taxis on my sister's wedding day to take us to St Paul's bay chapel. They were extremely punctual and one taxi waited after we'd left to take my sister and dad seperately.

I never encountered 'locals' on the beach and we never had a problem getting a sunlounger in our favourite spot. The beach is fantastic - my boyfriend spent hours in the sea looking at fish!

I was surprised that there were as many children as there were - simply because it's not the kind of place I would expect to find children.

Our room was a standard room and was a lovely size and very clean. we also had bath robes and slippers provided along with a gift of fresh friut and wine.

All in all, we had a fantastic time and would definately return, only this time bed and breakfast.

a romantic setting

Lindos Memories, what a fantastic romantic setting. This hotel is slightly isolated, set between Lindos and Pefkos but lovely and quiet. It has its own beach and a gorgeous pool.
Lindos town is about a 20 minute walk away and a few pounds in a taxi. It is also a few pounds to Pefkos but there are some very steep hills and i wouldn't recommend walking there as there are no pavements to walk on.

The hotel is very clean and the staff really nice. We were upgraded to a suite when the juniour suite we had booked was not available upon arrival, after spending the first night in a double room. We didn't mind as the room was amazing, like a miny penthouse, with a side sea view. The air conditioning was excellent and we were provided with beach towls, slippers and bathrobes.

We got married at St Pauls Bay and went through Lindos Weddings, which is run by Karen and Lawrence Traynor. They were both fantastic throughout and we would highly recommend them to anybody thinking of getting married out in Lindos. The hotel was full of newly weds or people marrying over there, an ideal honeymoon place, ok for families but not ideal as not an awful lot for kids to do.

The hotel area had one very friendly stray cat (who was quite partial to a bit of ham from breakfast) where as Lindos there was quite a lot hanging around the restuarants.

We stayed bed and breakfast by choice as there are so many nice places to eat out. Breakfast had an excellent choice and catered for everyone. We heard mixed feelings regarding the evening meals, however did not try so cannot pass judgement. Lunch at the poolside bar was very pricey also were the drinks, paying 3e 50 for a small portion of chips and 2e 60 for a coke. The bar on an evening only had one member of staff on at all times and once waited over twenty minutes for a drink, (you could not get drunk here) this is something that could be improved. Overall a very lovelly hotel.

My 2nd visit also

This was also my second visit to the Lindos Memories. I first visited the Hotel in 2002 and was very pleased to return this year to find the standards had been maintained. The general level of maintenance and cleanliness around both the hotel and grounds are excellent.

I would also agree with the previous review. One of the advantages to this hotel is the complete peace, quiet and exclusivity that you can enjoy during the day. Then in the evening a 5 minute taxi drive and you can enjoy drinks and a meal with fabulous views in Lindos. Should you wish to extend your evening the bars are great. For the young and shall we say more mature adults who still like a good time. (without the crowds of Faliraki shall we say).

I have only ever staid B&B because part of the holiday for me is eating in different places so I can't pass comment on the evening meal. Although I would agree that I did overhear some of the guests comments in that respect. The breakfast had a good variety for all with plenty of fresh fruit and the usual buffet style food on offer. Pancakes made to order. The juice was disappointing and could be an area of improvement. Although the fresh juice was generally expensive to buy in Lindos as apparently oranges are not in abundance in the summer months. I still think this is penny pinching in a hotel which has this rating.

Both visits I have had a side sea view suite which is open plan dual level accomodation. The maids do a very good job and all sheets, towels etc are changed daily. As are beach towels. We also had the benefit of towelling bath robes and slippers. I'm not sure whether this is just specific to the suites or not. This hotel has the best air conditioning I have ever had in a hotel abroad.

On the first visit I had my son with me who was 14 yrs old at the time and at that age didn't need entertaining. I would expect it could be hard work for anyone with children who needed the use of other activities and they would probably end up going out most days. It doesn't advertise kids clubs, aerobics etc. so if that's what your looking for don't consider this hotel.

If you are looking for a relaxing, peaceful hotel where you can enjoy long lazy lunches during the day then in the evenings you choose wether to stay or go into Lindos, Pefkos or Lardos. Your choice and that's the best bit - you decide - it's your holiday.
The hotel does have a Greek night each week but other than that it is piano music in the evenings.

I have already booked for next July and can't wait to return to the Memories and Lindos.

thomas cook - the night mare

lets start by saying the hotel its self is lovley with just a few problems, but is totaly miss representen by thomas cook :-
1. we booked our holiday in January, when we arrived on the 22nd of august we where informed that our reservation had been over booked for the night and we where to be moved to the aitrium palace hotel up the rode - thomas cook said there was nothing they could do about it and gave us 50 euros between us and said if we wanted to take it further we should log the complaint with the T/C rep at the hotel - we tried to do this but the rep at the hotel did'nt want to know and said we had been more than fairley remunirated !!.
2. in the T/C brocher we where unable to go self catering and had to go half board - this was a total waist of £800. the evening meals where apauling unless you like fish soup every night with the exception of thursday Greek night - there they have a barbique where you have to fight the flys for the food - we ait out evey night, which brings me on to point 3
3. lindos is not a short work away (unless you are a rather fit stunt man) the hotel will call you a taxi but the price vairys from 5 - 10 euros.
i recomend hiring a car - its not wise to hire from the hotel - its not that the veacles are bad, there not but i was charged 300. euros for 3 days about £250. (rip off) get a Taki into pefkos and hire from there i got a smart for wheel drive jeep for 300 euros for 3 weeks (bit of a differance !!).
4. the room, well what can i say, iv been in biger shoe boxes - to upgrade my room i was quoted £900. i just could'nt aford this.
now for the good points - the hotel is clean the staff are lovely and this hotel has the one of the best beaches on the island, the hotel is ideal for familys and realy caiter for children - its a pity realy when i arigonaly booked my holiday with the girls in thomas cook shop one of my main criteria was no children please, i work in the public sector for 50 weeks a year and wanted a quiet break away from screaming kids - i did'nt get it

We loved it

We had a fab time at this hotel. Breakfasts were lovely, the location was wonderful, although I agree that walking to Lindos is a complete fabrication - (in these shoes !). Once reached by booked taxis - Lindos has all the entertainment required for trendy 40 somethings and probably more. There are some fantastic restaurants and lovely bars. It's also good through the day although a bit busy ! We had a basic room and are planning to return this September ( we have never done this before in 20 years of travelling ). I would be interested to know if paying for an upgrade to a suite is worth the extra cash. The only problem we had was in connection with check out - they tried to persuade us to check out early - but we were on an 8 night stay and it didn't fit with the flight profiles. Tthey were fine when we didn't want to.
Believe me - we wouldn't go back if it wasn't good.
Don't know why I'm recommending it - want to keep it quiet !

Lovely Setting Right On The Beach

by TripAdvisor Member bobbinuk

We stayed here for one week on the 31st May. We booked via Argo who were excellant. The location is further out that some of the places in Lindos but this is more than made up for the fact that you are right on the beach. The taxi into Lindos was 7 euros as they call them out to come to collect you and then on the way back from the square its 5 euros.

We had a standard double room which was lovely, it was on the second floor and you could sit on the balcany and see the sea views. The room was very large and there were complimentary bath robes and toiletries. There are beach towells which are provided every day and the rooms were cleaned every day along with the linens and towells being changed as well.

Breakfasts were fantastic, everything you could wish for, You could sit on the terrace overlooking the pool and sea views or inside the restaurant which was air conditioned and still have the wonderful views! The pancakes made fresh topped with chocolate and honey went down very well indeed!

Although were were half board we did not eat in the restaurant at night as we prefered to go into Lindos and have a meal in the restaurants there, we were able to swap our dinner for a lunch each day up to a value of 25 euros (not including drinks), this was very helpful especially if you are spending the day relaxing by the pool or the beach. There was a good choice for lunch. The hotel cat knew exactly when to pay a visit and was kept well fed, she has 3 kittens as well which we saw playing around the side of the hotel!
We did attend the greek night where the food was fabulous, plenty of meats, salads and deserts along with the usual greek dancing!

The service was slower at the pool bar for lunch and it took a while to get drinks and food ordered there, the lady always apologised though as she could see we were waiting. Another couple of staff there would help them out as they were very busy but did their best!

The staff on the reception were very helpful and reccomended a great traditional greek restaurant called ARCHONTIKO, its an old captains house and the food is superb, this is located opposite the 60's and Lunar bars. Dionysis restaurant was also recommended by the lady who works in the hotel shop, this was also a great choice and we ate there on our first and last nights.

The beach has sunbeds and umbrellas that are provided, there are also a couple of boardwalks from the pool area steps down to the sea. Although there are some rocks in the sea there is a chanell you can walk through where there are no rocks so it makes it easier to get into the sea, it goes deeper and then shallow again, close enough to swim out to the shallow sandy parts as well. The water is lovely and clear with a few fish around so great to snorkel in!

We really enjoyed our stay and would definately go back.

Fabulous hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ukgirl

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for the last 2 weeks Sept 2005. I have to say it was amazing. I booked flights room etc all on internet from diff web sites. I had originally booked a standard room but noticed a few weeks later a suite was available with sea view so upgraded for only about 60 quid more. I am so glad I did the room was amazing - the best room I have ever stayed in. It has a mezzanine floor with the bedroom upstairs and 2 bathrooms!! The room was cleaned everyday.

The hotel itself was very pretty, right on the beach. The only down side was the food. We were only b and b so this wasnt too bad but the food was very bland in the restaurant for breakfast. However, we often ate lunch in the outside cafe and although expensive the food was very good. We didn't try an evening meal here as the food in Lindos town was so good.

We only walked to Lindos once as it took about half an hour + but it was only 5 euro's for a taxi.

This hotel comes highly recommended and we will def go back.

Comments