Luca Cypria Faliraki Hotel

PO Box 202, Faliraki, Rhodes, 85105, Greece

More about Luca Cypria Faliraki Hotel

View at front of hotelView at front of hotel

Valley of the ButterfliesValley of the Butterflies

Our never dusted bed, but sheets were clean :-)Our never dusted bed, but sheets were clean :-)

AquariumAquarium

hotels all inclusive

by samgaz

hi thinking of going rhodes next june all inclusive. there are two hotels i like the look of. the avra beach hotel in ixia and hotel luca faliraki. has anyone stayed at these hotels. also beach wise which place ixia or faliraki has the best beach. my husband and i are young at heart and want a hotel that is not too far away from tavernas and night life

by intertraveler

Hi,
Falirakis beach is very good some say about 5Km. Faliraki night life is mainly two streets Bar st the more lively and club st long more relaxed. But there are some quiter areas of Faliraki it is not all boom boom and they have cleaned up there image.
There are quite a few bays along this coast line Anthony quinn bay is close by and Afandou as a masif shingle beach. if you go on a boat trip they will take you to some of the bays.
Rhodes town is a must very cosmopoltan and and impressive castle the old town full of shops a 20 min taxi ride from Faliraki. Also the desighner shops in the new part. Thev bars across from the harbour in Rhodes town are more expesive than the ones in the back streets.
I have not stayed in Ixia but most resorts on Rhodes will not disapoint.

Michael

by chiara76

I suppose Faliraki is better idea. You can easy and fast go to Rhodes Town. I am not sure how far is the hotel you mentioned about from Faliraki cetre . Last summer I stayed at the All Inclusive called Grecotel Rhodos Royal which was not in the centre and it was good in my opinion. The beach in Faliraki is really wonderful and I am sure you will be glad with it. There is always wind which makes the high waves on the side of Ixia (western side of the Island) and you should think is it a problem for you? I prefered calmer side (I mean of wind and no waves) where Faliraki is. I hope I was a little bit helpfull.

by Ouzone

All inclusive is to be avoided particularly in Greece, it is far better to stay in small greek hotels and rooms places. There is no point in booking all inclusive if you are going to be in tavernas and bars.

Ixia - The beach here is a ghastly windswept pebbly affair, faces the north westerly blast of the meltemi wind.

Faliraki - The beach here is very good and also sheltered, vastly better than Ixia. Unfortunately the resort has gone down market with large groups of drunks wandering around.

I would think you would be much better off booking a resort such as Lindos or possibly Pefkos nearby. The beaches equal those of Faliraki and the resorts are more civilised with plenty of tavernas and bars.

Travel Tips for Rhodes (Island)

Ancient buildings in the old city

by Aggeliki

Important buildings in the old section include the Grand Hospital of the Knights and the Palace of the Grand Masters. The city constructed in 408BC,according to designs, by the Greek architect Hippodamus of Miletus. During the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC Rodos island had a very important political power. The city became a renowned cultural center, particularly noted for its plastic and pictorial art.

The Knights of Saint John

by Balam

The first recorded master of the Order is known only by the name of Gerard. He ran a pilgrim's hospice in Jerusalem at the time of the first Crusade in 1099. In 1113, Gerard and his hospital received papal recognition as a religious order. Gradually, the order assumed military responsibilities to defend pilgrims and to protect Christian land from the Muslims. The Order of the Hospital, likethe Order of the Temple, played an important role in fighting the crusades. But the Hospitallers continued to provide medical services and hospitality for travelers.

The Christian kingdoms in the Latin East ended with the fall of Acre in 1291. The Knights of the Hospital first fled to Cyprus, but they conquered the island of Rhodes in 1310. In Rhodes the Knights ruled their own kingdom and defended western Europe against the expanding Ottoman Empire. At this time the Order organized itself into the seven tongues (or langues): Provence, Auvergne, France, Spain, Italy, England, and Germany. Later the Spanish tongue was divided in two (Aragon and Castile-León) creating eight tongues in all. In 1480, the Knights successfully defended the city of Rhodes against a Turkish assault, but the Turks returned and captured the island in 1522. The Knights withdrew from Rhodes looking for a new home base. To prevent the further spread of the Ottoman Empire, the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V gave the island of Malta to the Knights.

The Knights left Rhodes in 1522, the island of Malta became Christian Europe's next line of defense against the Ottoman Turks. The Siege of Malta in 1565 began in May with the arrival of 40,000 Ottoman Turks led by Dragut, the Governor of Tripoli. Although heavily undermanned, Grand Master Jean la Valette successfully defended Malta from the Turks until early September. The critical and decisive moment of the siege came on September 7, 1565. On that day, 8,000 additional troops led by Garcia de Toledo landed in Mellieha Bay. The arrival of these reinforcements forced the Turks to end the siege the following day

Dat trip to Turkey

by beccyandjohn

Bookable trough the hotel or localy in Pefkos i think we booked this through Pallas Travel and cost about 40 to 50 pounds each.

Early morning pick up, driving to Rhodes Town where we travelled by Katamaran across to Turkey this took about an hour.

Once we arrived we where all taken for breakfast which inlcluded bread, cheese, salad and yoghurt etc very continental.

After we had eaten we set off to a Turkish Delight Factory (see picture 2) this was very intresting and we even got to sample some of the different types they make. And of course like nearly everybody else we bought some.

We were then taken into Marmaris were we would have time to browse the shops on our own.

Light & Sound Show

by gale.blog.pl about Municipal Park

In holiday season tourists are attracted by a 'Light & Sound' Show featured in the Municipal Park. I wasn't lucky enough to be able to see it but from what I heard from people who enojyed the show it seems to be a real attraction both for adults and for children.

Well, as I said above, I never experienced the show myself so the only pics I can share are those of the Municipal Park in daylight.

Car rental

by jayhawk2000

Car rental agencies in Rhodes are two a penny, pretty much all charging the same prices and stocking their fleets with similar cars. We spotted at least four dozen other orange Kia Picantos on our run-arounds. After poking around some websites and doing some price comparisons we settled on Rodos Cars for a short-term rental to kick off our holiday.

I was a bit worried when we were picked up at the airport and the driver said 'this isn't your car, I need to take you to our office to sign the paperwork.' My first thought was they were going to run a bait-and-switch scam on me, but he was true to his word. They still couldn't let me have our actual car that day, so we drove the nicer car to the hotel and were told they would swap it that night. They hadn't showed before bedtime, but come morning they had swapped cars for us and left the keys behind. But I still had a set of cars for the first car and had to make a call and drop those off at a hotel up the road...and they were late picking the car back up.

PROS
Very affordable
Free pick up from the airport
Different offices around the island meant we could drop off the car locally

CONS
Timekeeping was terrible, what with swapping the cars and keys it seemed we spent a lot of time waiting for them to show up
Roadside assistance non-existent

There are other companies on the island you can browse on http://www.rodos.com/rentacar-rh.htm, I would definitely book with a local firm for the best rates. Many offer a discount if you book for 3 days or more and of course prices are cheaper outside the summer season.

Comments