Petit Palais Hotel

General Griva 3, Rhodes Town, Rhodes, Rhodes, 85000, Greece
Mitsis Petit Palais
Tingo.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Rhodes (Island)

The Acropolis and TownThe Acropolis and Town

View from Mt. FilerimosView from Mt. Filerimos

Harbour of RhodesHarbour of Rhodes

AquariumAquarium

Public transportation on the island.

by Maurizioago

Do buses run until late in the evening on the island? I mean until 10 p.m.

by gilabrand

When I was there the buses did not seem to keep to any schedule. I waited at the bus stop for a bus to the airport and nearly missed my plane. After a while, it sunk in that no bus was coming and we hailed a taxi. This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I would not count on the buses, that's all.

by Ouzone

Depends very much on the route, and the season. Best to get the latest timetables from the 2 bus huts behind the New Market building, Tourist office, hotels etc. Schedules change every couple of weeks.

Down the east coast they run until about 22:00 as far as Afantou, 20:00 to Lindos area etc. Down the west coast as far as Kalavarda about 22:00. That's for early June.

They do run to time, I used them all over the island.

by gilabrand

Don't know when you were there, but when we visited in May 2007, the buses were definitely not running on time. All the locals we consulted said the service was unreliable. Our mistake was not listening to them...

by Ouzone

I've been going to Rhodes occasionally for around 20 years, last time would have been 2007. I've used the Rhodes buses on most routes down to Kamiros site, and Kamiros Skala to catch a ferry and back again, airport, no problems. Also various sevices as far as Gennadi - Kolimbia beach, Archangelos, Tsambika, Lindos, Pefki, Lardos, Gennadi.
I'm afraid they all ran to time. The only ones that did seem to be erratic were to/from Faliraki, but they are quite frequent, so of no consequence.

by Ouzone

I've answered comprehensively before this same question, go down the pages.

by kpf

I am keen to find out about a bus from the airport to Kamiros Skala(to catch the boat) then a week later Kamiros Skala to Pefkos, again a week later Pefkos to the airport! As there are 5 of us, taxi costs would be really expensive as we would always need two.I have been trying to find out if there is a viable bus service for any of these ? if so, how often do they run and what are the costs......I imagine much better than double taxis everywhere!Any help would be appreciated!

Travel Tips for Rhodes (Island)

Sunshine for miles

by keribird

Lindos nightclubs. And then to Rhodes, where the night life is heaving. I miss mostly my boyfriend and spending time with him. He lives there, although Lardos and Lindos have a great energy it has has the ability to be romantic and tranquil.

The building of the Prefecture

by Christianne

The building of the Prefecture former Governor's Palace), was constructed during the Italian occupation and combines different architectural styles.
It was built by the Italian architect Florestano di Fausto and resembles to the Palace of the Doges in Venice.It is used to be the Italian Governorn's Palace.Nowadays, houses the prefecture of the Dodecanese.

Stadium

by gale.blog.pl

We never looked for this object, we only came across its gate on our way to an Internet cafe (which we didn't find because information contained in 'Lonely Planet' was outdated).

Looks like this is the only stadium in the town of Rhodes. I truly believe that it looks much more impressive and modern on the inside, especially that Rolex seems to be one of its sponsors.

Anyway, should you be seeking sports emotions - look for this stadium. It's located south-east of Rhodes town, very close to the city walls.

Kattavia

by jayhawk2000

After parking up in this backroads village a troupe of calico kittens came calling to welcome us to 'Cat-tavia'. It was early evening, when the heat of the day had broken and the sun was fattening in the west. Under the outstretched branches of a tree that nearly covered the central square were a couple of aged gents nursing ouzos. Songbirds were rioting in the leaves as we walked up to the local church, its tower propped up by scaffolding.

Kattavia is probably the most remote village on the island, sitting amid farmland on the plains near the far southwestern tip of the island. Apparently the Italians intensively farmed the area, leaving behind the ghostly shells of barns and a church tower along the main road east of the village.

We picked out some ice creams from the local shop and followed a toddler rattling along on his trike, blub-blubbing 'vroom-vroom' to himself. What a life it must be to grow up in what looks and feels like a 19th century backwater, where although there are cars and electricity there are no traffic jams or CCTV.

Unfortunately Martine's famous restaurant was shut for a long siesta, which was a shame because it looked absolutely amazing with its open-air terrace and flowers. It's known for local, organic food and when we looked in through the window it was like peeking into a farmhouse kitchen.

However, when we returned to the town square a small truck had pulled in loaded down with fresh fruit. We picked out some beautiful apples for dessert, said so long to the cats and left Kattavia to the sea breezes and stars.

Airport transfers

by Englischer

You may feel that a prebooked transfer from A2B is a safety net to avoid being scammed by taxi drivers, in my experience don't bother! Pre booked via the internet cost me around £20 and then did not show up!! A local taxi from the airport rank cost me 13 Euros which even with a 2 Euro tip is nearly half of that £20. I can see that with the numbers coming off a charter flight you will sometimes have to wait at the airport at peak times, but is that so much of a problem. For those travelling to either Ixia, Rhodes towns or Paradisi there is a bus service at irregular intervals but it is not really geared up for large amounts of luggage or people. All the taxi stations (ranks) including the airport exhibit a large sign with the fixed fares for places around the island, these fares are roughly 1euro per kilometre but may exclude small charges for extra bags, phone bookings etc. at typically 1 euro for each "extra".

Comments