Rodos Maris Hotel Resort

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Rodos Maris Hotel Resort

Very Good Holiday

We have just arrived back from the Rodos Maris and have nothing but compliments about the hotel. We really ejoyed our stay there, the food excellent, bar and restaurant staff really friendly and well worth a visit. We only had one problem when we were there and that was rectified almost immediatly when reported to the reception staff.
I will be most definately returning.

So good...I've booked again for this year!

by TripAdvisor Member ukpixel

I had already booked this holiday for last October (2003) and panicked when I saw a couple of really terrible reviews. The price suddenly seemed too good to be true. I needn't have bothered. The place was everything I had hoped for. Good location, super selection of food and drink available almost all through the day. Staff were friendly. I enjoyed it so much that my brother and his wife are coming with us this year (yes, I've already booked).Typical of one of the reviews, I read there was only two pools, very little in the way of spirits, bars running dry, miserable staff etc etc. I really had to wonder if they were talking about the same hotel! Or do some people really do set out to moan about everything from the minute the plane lands! Go on, book it, have an easy, easy time and lock your wallet in the safe..you won't need it.

great mistake

We have just had the mis-fortune of staying a week at this hotel.
Wherever did they get the 5 star rating from?We have stayed at a 3star all inclusive and this hotel was of a far inferior quality. The rooms were very basic, although on the day of leaving we had a shower in a courtesy room, which was far nicer than ours. There was no mini bar, but it was being stocked on the day we left, for the many greek guests that were coming to the hotel for the easter holidays. No tea/ coffee making facilities, which is b og standard in most hotels. No sauna, they had not even built it. No gym room, there were a few pieces of equipment in the corner by the indoor unheated pool, on view to everyone who wanted to sit there and have a drink. wo pool tablles, but only one in use, as the other one was damaged. At one point in the evening there was food and drink on the pool table and children climbing all over it. The furniture in the main bar was torn and tatty.
evening entertainment was excellent for children, but none for the adults, and As the hotel was so isolated, I would have thought it would have been better. The food was another matter. The only time we had a meal thar was above tepid temp. was when we went out and bought a meal.
No fresh fruit all week, I never saw any evidence of international cuisine. The taverna was closed. Staff- restaurant staff, superb, reception staff, unhelpful, abrupy, rude. We had to check out of our room at 12 mid day, and because we complained previously, we sat around 13 hours before being picked up for the airport, we did not get a room extention and was told no in a very rude, abrupt manner. organisation is nil, we arrived at the hotel at 5am in the morning and had to que outside the hotel for registeration. So many steps to get to our rooms and no one available to help. By the time we got to our room it had been three hours since we had left the airport in rhodes. 5 Star- no way. The hotel was like butlins, with children running and screming around, not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

It was good not great

Firstly the hotel is not 5*!! We had read that before we left so kinda expected the worst, however we will say that we were pleasently suprised. The view that greets you is beautifull as you walk in the main doors, with marble flooring and the clear blue sea out the window. The rooms are basic, but clean and they were cleaned everyday. If you stay here try and get a sea view room, because the view is gorgeous. Put it this way the view makes up for the basic room. We found the food to be nice and there was a nice selection. The AI package is definatley worth it and food and drink is available up to 0:00.
However, the taverna had a more american style selection with pizzas and chips. Be warned though that the entertainment is quiet lame so be prepared.
The Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so we had to hire a car to see some of the island. Also be warned that it is a 35-45min drive from the airport and trust me please wear a seatbelt with those Greek cabbies. A big disappointment is the mini-golf and the pool, we couldnt find the 2nd pool and the mini-golf is definatley MINI!!! A bit of advice is to plan your day early and book things in advance as they do get snapped up pretty quick. Overall it is nice place with very helpfull and friendly staff. We wont be going back in a hurry though.

Excellent Standard of Food

by TripAdvisor Member ALF0308

Stayed here for 1 week frim 16th June 2004. I was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel, as had anticipated that Greek 5* would be around a UK 3* rating.

As a single mother, I was travelling alone with my 17 month old baby and can only describe the size of the room we had, as akin to a broom cupboard - I literally had a single bed (which was actually quite comfortable). Single travellers ... beware!

I was slightly anxious about the standard of food (particularly as I am vegetarian), but it was absolutely excellent. A varied choice every night and we were even served Brussels Sprouts!!

The down side to this hotel is the dreaded sunbed situation. I have heard stories of Germans and their beach towels before, but have always taken it with a pinch of salt. The sunbeds here were a joke. Not one day did I get a sunbed around the pool and on 2 occasions, I had to go further up the beach and pay for the privelege. This enraged me as all I wanted was a bit of shade for my baby. One mother of two had to set her alarm for 06.00 just to get beds for her family. On several occasions when going to breakfast at 09.00, there were already people sunbathing. It got very competitive and I feel that the hotel should adopt a non-reservation of beds policy.

All in all I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, even if the "entertainment" was somewhat regimented and repetetive.

Too many guests, not enough sunbeds!!!

SORRY!!!!!!!!

What can i say but a holiday from hell. Over booking major problem even after e-mail from manager saying this never happens. Given ant riden and dirty room then moved to a nice room away from the english area of the hotel. Had things stolen, hotel and rep not interest just said your insured arnt you. Our party ended up with injurys from broken arm to chest and ear infections. AMENITIES or lack of 1500 people 100 sun beds so take a alarm clock pools dirty and over crowded no pedolows just 2 canoes beach not bad. No entertainment or very little. FOOD well again over crowded resturant cold food rude staff. Result hired a car for most of my holiday, recomend the lignt house resturant just down the road. This is supposed to be a 5 star more like a bad 3 sorry if ur going .

WATCH OUT! this is not a 5* hotel

We have just returned from this hotel, having stayed 1 week.

BEWARE it is not a 5* star hotel, whoever awarded the stars clearly cannot count! I would rate this 2/3*star-rating... and that's cause i'm still on my holidays and being kind!

STEPS if you love step aerobics... then this is the hotel for you. STEPS GALORE. This is not a hotel (rabbit warren) for the elderly or families with young babies/children with prams/pushchairs. We took our 3 yr old, forget the buggy. I must say that I have come back feeling really fit after climbing hundreds of steps each day... if your room number is number 500+ you may need an oxygen mask/tank with you, its so far up.

NO INTERNATIONAL DRINKS all alcoholic spirits drinks were local branded. NOT AN INTERNATIONAL BRAND TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE. Beer is only served one half glass at time (half beer-half froth) ..although you may order 2 glasses at once! big deal. Diet coke served only in restaurant is regular coke with water added!.. until you complain, then they bring diet coke!

MINI BAR IN ROOM our bar was so mini it was invisable! NO MINI BAR IN ROOMS! only had an old fridge in room... good to keep your lipsticks in!

FOOD left overs are served up next day on salad bar. If you have an addiction to repeat menus then this is the holiday for you. I didnt see any fresh fruit all week.

POOL during our stay a virus broke out at poolside and glass was found in big pool. I was appauled to find they serve drinks in glass at poolside for everyone including young children at poolside and not plastic. Beware of slipping, I watched many people young and old fall on the very slippery tiles.

SUNBEDS If you have young children you MUST read this. Hotel rules state no towels on sunbeds before 8am FORGET THIS! All towels were down by 7.30am, you had to be at the pool by 7am to get a sunshade with your sunbeds! There were not enough sunbeds for 1 per person!

BEACH the hotel is not on the beach. the hotel is on a busy main road and the beach is a 10/15 minute walk to beach over bridge (more steps, dont bother with pram!). No sand, only shingle.... great for exfoliating yourself.

COMPLAINTS if you have any cause to complain (and I feel you will!) do not talk to any of the monkeys on reception, talk to the organ grinder himself THOSE WHO SHOUT LOUDEST EVENTUALLY GET HEARD!

TOP TIPS

DON'T buy anything! buckets/floats from the in-house shop. we paid 9euros for a bucket, take a trip accross the road 5mins to the supermarket where the buckets were 2.40euros.

DON'T have drinks with ice

DON'T leave it too late to claim your sunbed/shade, 7.15am-7.30am LATEST.

EAT EARLY as food guaranteed to be hot.

DON'T FORGET your travel iron, we did! we thought hotel would provide as being 5* rating - instead they offer a service which they charge you for!

BOOK as soon as you arrive for the italian restaurant. we arrived on wed at 6pm, on friday 4pm reception told us that the next available date/time was lunchtime 1pm the following wed (we had to check-out leave at 11.30am.....no good to us)

GOOD POINTS

room tidied daily with fresh towels and bedding everyday

baby pool excellent for under 5's (still have to mind slippery steps!)

air conditioning in room was BRILLIANT

general hygiene, was good

met/made some really nice friends from birmingham and essex.

Wishing you "Bon Voyage"... and don't forget your tummy upset pills and 60 factor lotion... it's hot out there.

Horrible. Don't Go

by TripAdvisor Member eurodisney

Not a 5 star, more like 21/2 to 3 star. Only go if you have older children and are not disabled. Loads of steps and very slippery floors. Food is ok but not brilliant, my 2 year old would not eat a thing there, even in the childrens restuarant. All food was over heated and the only fruit available was melon. Drinks are not Ultra All inclusive as could only get Baileys cheap equivalent and local spirits (these are all watered down). The beer is ok but there is only so much you can drink. The water at the bars is from the taps and is hot, so by the time you walk away from the bar the ice has melted. Ants are everywhere and the odd cockroach. The only goods thing about the holiday was the weather. Also if you want beds around the pool be prepared to get up at 5.30 everymorning.

if you love benidorm-costa del sol- you will love this

by TripAdvisor Member cynide

This hotel should be called Fawlty Towers the food was cold-discusting. Reception staff rude arrogant, You could not even get to the pool, there were no sun-beds unless you got up at 5-6am, Rooms were shabby if you were english you had the tatty rooms while others had the newest my room had a tiny vent for the air-conditioning. And was on a main road, full of ants as well. Mini bar was meant to be stocked every day but was stocked when they felt like it. Room service is delivered stone cold,there are shorter ques for the harrods sale, than to get into the resturant wich was not air-conditioned and there was 1 food station with 12 trays for over 1500 guests to eat from. If you do go ask the hire car lady to recomend a resturant and she will direct you.If you value your health and personnel items DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL. If you fancy a 2 star Benidorm Costa Del sol del trotter holiday im sure you could find a much cheaper place than this hotel. And be carefull for the cars when you are crossing the road to the beach,although it says you walk to it through lush gardens, this was not fact.And certainly do not take friends to this hotel like i did especially if you want to stay friends with them.
SO be rest assured that when you call the doctor he will arrive within the hour,THANK GOD FOR SMALL MERCY'S

Comments