Doreta Beach Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Doreta Beach Hotel

Doreta Beach Heaven

The Doreta Beach Hotel was the best hotel I've ever been to. We have been back 3 times as a family and all of our needs have been met.
The rooms are spacious and well presented. They are also cleaned every day, therefore the hygiene is great! The restaurant offers great choice. One of our family is a vegetarian and she found it very easy to eat from a wide selection of good food. There is a snack bar by the pool open most of the day. The children can have ice cream from there as it can get very hot, although they also provide hot and cold food. The pools are amazing, kept the right temperature and again are cleaned every day. The Cabaret room offers entertainment every evening, such as karaoke, bingo, and special evenings i.e Grease night. The staff are very helpful, polite and speak good english. The main and poolside bar provide a wide selection of drinks until late. Every time we go it just gets better. I will definitely be going again and would urge anybody looking for a good holiday to also check it out.

Definatly Go here if you dont give it a try how will you no what its really like

Doreta beach is the best hotel me and my family have stayed in. We took 24 friends 4 the 3rd time, and they all agreed it was the best holiday they have ever had. Everything was spotless bed linen and towels changed everyday. Wonderful food and excellent service and the entertainment was spot on ROB as the best entertainment we have ever seen. The entertainment is english. and anyone who says different must be stupid.

Doreata Beach - not quite what I expected

Have just returned from I week stay- 22 Sept 04 to 29 Sept 04. The entrance of the hotel was very nice but the rooms were very disappoinitng, smelly, very basic and quite frankly not up to 4 star more like 2/3 star. The food was very bland and bascially had no taste, we had to eat out a few times. The snack bar - well the food was left out all day and unless you had something in the morning there was no point. I am not a swimmer and had no idea that the main pool was deep and when I went in I basically feel straight in if I had not my father to help me out and I am sure that I would have drowned as I did not see any life guards about. The staff were O.K I would not say that they were particularly friendly. The evening entertainment was awful we had a 2.5 and 4 year toddler and to be honest they did not enjoy a butlins type of hoilday.

On the plus side of the hoilday, Rhodes Island is wonderful, hire a car driving on the right is O.K will get use to quite quickly. Lindos is lovely fell in love with the place straight away.

Will definately not visit Doreta Beach and would reccommend that you book another Hotel!!!

2 words. Hell Hole.

After just returning from rhodes I can safely say that Doreta beach is a hell hole, reception smelt of urine, all the sofa's in the reception were covered in dust and crumbs, walking to our room felt like we were walking through some dodgy tenement towerblock.

Things didn't improve when we got to the room, our supposed sea view was a land view over looking the delivery area, the bathroom smelt of sewage, the floor was filth and as slippy as an ice ring. and there was dust and grime everywhere and the laughable thing they call air conditioning was increadbly noisy.

When I compained to reception I got told to come back in the morning, so I did, only to be told to come back later.

we then took a look around the pool and beach which were all as dirty and filthy as the rest of the place. the beach had rubbish strewn all over it, Cigarette butts everywhere.

We moved hotels for a small upgrade cost to a nice place called the Electra Palace. Our total time at Doreta was 12 hours and that was 12 hours too long.

NEVER go here.

I won't do self-catering at an all inclusive again

I have just come back from staying 2 weeks at the Doreta Beach some of the other reviews brought back many memories. As mine was a last minute deal and therefore allocation on arrival, I had no prior knowledge of my resort yet alone the accommodation.
Room - I have to agree with some of the comments: the smell from the drains and "fake radio". My room was on the ground floor and therefore could be noisy at times from the bar at night. I soon got used to the plane noise. For self-catering though it was well equiped: toaster, kettle, sandwich toaster, iron and full-sized ironing board, fridge, pots & pans, cuttlery and crockery and glasses. Noisy air conditioning but at least it was free. My two cleaning ladies were very friendly and it was nice to see some smiling faces in the morning.
Pool - I didn't attempt it once during the whole 2 weeks as it smealt so strongly of chlorine. Yes it was crowded and full of kids even though our rep informed us that there would be no kids as being September they would all be back in school. I can't imagine what it must be like during the school holidays?!!
Entertainment - being self-catering I rarely partook but agree with the comments about the volume. If they just turned it down a bit it may have helped deciphering the words of the songs. As one of the reviewers stated very Butlins-style, not my taste but others seemed to enjoy it.
Beach - the best sanctuary from the noise. I am used to the pebbly beaches back home so was used to the discomfort but the waves did make it difficult to get out in a dignified style. Watch out for the wind though as I managed to bet burnt for the first time in years. People seemed to enjoy the Tholos Water Sports.
Tavernas - I agree with the comments about Mike's Bar and it was certainly recommended to me by other visitors. Dishes are cooked fresh that day so once they have run out that's it for the day.
Shops - the staff in the Premium Supermarket across the road were very friendly compared to some of those in the Hotel's shop.
Out & about - I would certainly recommend the trips to the nearby isalnd of Symi. Very pretty. If you get to Lindos, have a go on the Donkey ride to the top as it was only 5 Euros and looked a lot easier than the steps up. Rhodes Old Town was reminiscent of other main towns that I have visited e.g. Kos Town. Travelling alone I felt perfectly safe including the last bus home at 23.30.
Overall - a good holiday as I wasn't limited to the hotel's facilities as I hadn't "already paid for it" and would be losing out if I didn't partake. I don't think that I would do self-catering again in all inclusive complex. Not so much a them and us but certainly different requirements and expectations.

Good family holiday

Initally I thought - Ho No - reception were efficient but not over friendly - the room was very basic - no television - just a radio and bathroom -and the balcony door would only close from the outside - so if you like a drink on the balcony - watch out for the mosquitoes..
Air conditioning?? the one in your room is ancient and a waste of space - the one in the canteen is never switched on - and the one in the lounge tends to leak...

Other than that - It was Great -

the hotel/bar staff were very friendly
the beach was right on your door step
water sports such as pedloes and canoes were free.
all inclusive included aprox 9 cocktails - and the drinks were served in real glasses not little plastic cups.
the food was good - and they had a separate children food selection area ( fish fingers etc).
Ice cream was available all day,
bottled water was available free of charge,.
The children and adults were entertained all day - with new events starting every 1/2 hour.
The evening entertainment - was OK started with 1/2 childrens disco - 1/2 Bingo followed by 1 hour of musical entertainment which was OK but nothing to get excited about.

they have resident cats/kittens and a dog - which the kids love feeding.

Generally - Good quality for money - but make sure you take plenty of mosquitoe spray - and sun screen - as the sun is very strong.

Not what it seemed

by TripAdvisor Member capetowntraveller

WE were just at the Doretta beach hotel in Rhodes (Oct 2004) and were most disappointed with the hotel.It was graded as a 4 star,but it was anything but.The location was great,right on a bus route,right on the beach,and a big beautiful pool,which very few people used.People saved chairs from 7am to be close to the pool,however they did not swim!!
The food was very plain,mainly due to the fact that 90% of the people there were English,and preferred plain food.(chips with every meal)Drinks allowed were basic as well,and it was geared more to families than anyone else.The entertainment team need to know that there is more to shows,than playing bingo every night.
I would go back to Rhodes,but not that hotel.

mixed feelings not as good as expected

We have just returned from this Hotel 17/10/04 The people and staff are very nice hard working and friendly. we were situated at the front of the hotel (main road with constant traffic noise) accross the road is a karioki bar and it seemed that the way they got custom was to play music as loud as they could untill 3 am each morning so no sleep there. There was a constant buzzing from some sort of electrical equipment working 24 Hrs a day.
and to cap it all the Hotel is right in the flight path of the ariport 7km away aircraft are not high enough in the sky to mask the roar of them flying over. apart from that it is a very nice place to visit weather great food first class,rooms basic but o.k
would not return to that hotel such a shame as the people are very nice, can I also mention that some of the holiday makers allowed the teenage children to roam the complex at night hence a lot of damage was done to sunbeds tables and chairs. mindless vandalism I was so ashamed of the british not being able to go on holiday without having someone to apologise for there actions abroad. I think this is a fair summery of the place and people hope its helpful.

it was the best

i just want to say who ever puts the hotel down has not lived i am 18 years old i went with my famliy in august and i made over 30 friends including my two sisters all diffrent ages we had the best time ever we enjoyed it so much i am taking my frineds with me again next year. the food was brillant the entertainment team were lovely the pool games were fun and of a late eveing me and my older mates went to mambo across the road a really nice nite club. the bar staff were brillant of an evening we sat on the beach went for walks around the hotel i loved it please go recommened to every one

Fantastic A+

by TripAdvisor Member island_hopper

We stayed there in 2002 (August) & it was a superb holiday. All the staff were outstanding. The food was good. The entertainmemt staff were out of this world, the lunch time quiz round the bar was brilliant. (anyone going take some good jokes with you) The evening entertainment was really good too. Rob is still there i believe. He should be on TV. We are going back to Rhodes in May & will go to the Doretta to say hello. The bar staff day & night were efficient & friendly.
11/10 for this hotel.

trianda

by jadeapplin

has anyone ever been to trianda or stayed in the doreta beach hotel

RE: trianda

by debs1

yes been there few years back was on a very busy main road and the beaches not good very windy and rough sea we hired a car and traveled to some lovely beaches

Comments