Lomeniz Hotel

CourtyardCourtyard

Inside areaInside area

Pefkos

by bobbyjoy

Hi there, am going to pefkos in july. has anyone stayed in the ilyssion hotel?

Does anyone know of a bar called Elamesa in pefkos, friends of mine took it over years ago i think, does it still exist are they still there, Patsy & Mike

Re: Pefkos

hi bobby
i havent stayed at this hotel but my parents have
they say the hotel is great but a little bit away from the centre of Pefkos although it has some great amenitites,two pools ,a/c,jacuzzi
if you have any particular questions let me know and ill ask my parents
when are you going in July?

Re: Pefkos

hi bobby
pat and mike still run the Elamesa go to the following webpage for info and a phone number if you like
http:/freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/e/elamesa
regards

by bobbyjoy

Thanks for information, will try and contact mike & patsy and let them know we are coming to Pefkos, it's funny how you loose touch with people, can't think of how long it is since they moved to Greece, but I moved out the Skipton area about 4 years ago, which is where I knew them from, we had some fantasic times in the bar they set up above their house, how are they?, did you spend some time with them?

by bobbyjoy

Great news about the ilyssion, I had read some write ups off the holiday truths site that didn't give it any hope, but these were dated 2003 &02, so what your parents say makes me feel better, mike and I are going on 3rd July, any info you have of good places to eat etc, will be great as we are only there for a week, and don't want to spead the whole week sussing out places, how long does it take to walk to pefkos from hotel?

thanks Bobby

hi bobby
we only met them a few times but we did have some great nights there.we were staying at th Tzina studios and they knew the owners who introduced us.
not sure if they would remember us as they must meet loads of people,we may even pop down when we are there next week

hi bobby
by memory the places to eat are Smile(not very greek i know!!) it is right beside the childrens play park on the way to the main pefkos beach and nostalgia which is a little bit more expensive but the food is great. all the resturants and bars are basically in one main street.
your hotel is about a 10-20 min walk to the main street but your hotel is right on its own beach.i would recomend going to the pefkos beach as well this is at the main crossroads then turn right as this beach is very sheltered well worth the stroll.
we also enjoyed the "pefkos by night bar" but in general try a few as personal taste is what counts and some bars etc may have changed hands since we went there
we are staying at the "sunday apartments" in ixiaso if you go to rhodes town pop in on the way by
speak soon

by bobbyjoy

Thanks for your help, What dates are you going to rhodes? hope you have a lovely holiday, we are hireing a motorbike when we get there so we can get round the island, if you pop into pefkos and see patsy & mike tell to have a drink on the bar for me, that's if they still remember me! tell them Bobby who drunk them out of house and home in Skipton!!

Bobby (Happy Holidays)
Should stop this now as I'm surrposed to be working!!

hi bobby
we are going next wednesday(23/06) for two weeks i always hire a scooter too the best way to see the island. make sure you go to the "valley of the butterflies" and the "seven springs" always worth seeing once.
would be great to meet for a beer you know us Scots love beer!!!!!!!
take care

by bobbyjoy

That would be nice, maybe could meet you on the sunday early afternoon or later on in the evening in Pat & Mike's bar if we can find it, let us know, we don't get into rhodes until early Sunday morning, so will properly need a siesta before dinner in the hotel. I know how scot's like there drink, my father was born in peebles and I lived in Walkerburn near peebles for 10 Years with my now ex husband, so have scottish blood.

by peepsw

Have a look at my site www.pjwillsher.com. There is a page dedicated to Elamessa with lots of pictures. Also some general ones of Rhodes. Say hello to Mike and Pat for me.

Peter.

by peepsw

You could also try here: http://groups.msn.com/FriendsofPefkosRhodes/_whatsnew.msnw
For more info on Pefkos. Lots of usefull info and a map of the resort.

Peter

by bobbyjoy

Thanks for the information, I will say Hi to Pat & Mike, have you been a few times? sounds like you know them quite well! I have had a look at your site, it has some lovely photo's on it, I'm not very good at the web site stuff, just came across the VirtualTourist by off chance, whilst doing a bit of homework about Pefkos. Will look at the other site at lunch time, as once again I'm surrposed to be working!!! I must be getting into the holiday mood!!

by peepsw

I have been twice and spent most evenings at Elamesa. I got to know Mike and Pat quite well, especially being a Man Utd fan went down well with Mike!! Tell them it was Peter from Newcastle who was there May 02 and May 03. I took some shirts for Mike. They will remember. Cheers.

Peter

Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by CeliaM

Hi Bobby,
Just got back from 2 weeks in Pefkos which was amazing!!! Stayed at the Stella Apartments with a balcony view of Elamesa and within hearing distance of their music.
Had a brilliant time and made Elamesa our local. Pat's son Dave is a wee star, a proper honey although he thought I was wanting straight vodka when I ordered a Long Vodka, says it must be a Scottish thing!!!!! I think not!!!! But I taught them how to make it so order one when you're out there and test his skills and memory!!!
Have a good time.
Celia

Re: Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by bobbyjoy

Great to know you had a fantastic time, we are really looking forward to going, I have never been to Rhodes before, (although my friend has, he stayed at Afandou) so I can't wait. It's a shame it's only a week, but still, one week is better then none.

Am also looking forward to catching up with Mike & Patsy, don't really know Patsy's son's that well, even though we have met before.

Re: Re: Pefkos***Elamesa***

by Beckyturner1

Yeh i went to Pefkos this June and went nearly every night to Elamesa cocktail bar.It dose still exists, and Pat and Mike are still there.They are great people and we became good mates with them and there sons!Dave is the best though!Me and my cosuin call him and his brother Mike the donkeys of Pefkos.Nah there great and were most def going to return there next June 20051

RE: RE: Pefkos

by elamesabarpefkos

Hi its Dave, pat n mikes son from ELAMESA PEFKOS. Ive lost my book of email address so ive lost contact wiv nearly evry1. if u want 2 contact me please email. daveolie@hotmail.com or add me to your msn messanger.
1 person i would like 2 hear from is Becky Turner because of er verry funny coments on here bout me. look foward 2 c in u all soon.

Travel Tips for Rodos (City)

Ippokratus Square.

by Maurizioago

Here you can find various shops and restaurants. The building with a staircase you can see in this square is the Kastelania. It was built in 1597 and was used as a shopping mall. Today it houses the town library.

Moslem Cemetry

by sandysmith

The cemetry is overgrown with weeds and is in a state of disrepair really but this seemed to add to its own charm. At first I didn't think we could enter - all week I had not seen a living soul inside but later we discovered a gate which was open....so in we tiptoed..... Peace and quiet here with no other visitors and plenty of cats sleeping in the shade of the trees!

Great atmosphere, shame about the food

by jayhawk2000 about Ntinos Taverna

This is a great spot. Off a side street you'll see a string of tables tottering atop the cobbles, below lanterns and grape vines. And not a bouzouki band in earshot.

A shame the food was only average and the prices nothing to write home about either. This was our first evening meal in town and as is typical for most of our trips, we didn't find the perfect taverna until the last night of our trip. I'm sure I've mentioned before, but the food Greeks serve up for the tourists gets monotonous. Basically you can have either lumps of salty meat on a skewer, or off the skewer. If you pay a bit extra and wean yourself off the special menu (3 courses for 10 euros, that type of thing) you might have more luck than we did here.

Thankfully they manage more interesting side dishes, like 'giant' beans in a thick tomato sauce or vine leaves stuffed with rice and mint. And you can't beat a simple salad of ripe tomatoes and cubes of feta drizzled in olive oil.

Esplanade walk around the "New Town"

by balhannah

My Hotel was located on Diakou Alexandrou street, near the Beach in the "New Town." I walked from here along the beach front to Mandraki Harbour. If you turn left, then the footpath takes you to an area where there are large rocks on the edge of the ocean, and fisherman. Turning right, and the walk takes you past the Aquarium, The Casino, Yacht Club, Mourad Reis Mosque, Country Hall, Archbishopric and to the Church of the Evangelismos. You pass some big Hotels and some Old Windmills, plus enjoy the lovely ocean views.
You can start and finish at the Information Centre, so, if you have the time, do it! Probably would be nice getting around sunset by the beach.

The Navarino Gate

by Fam.Rauca

This is a small gate that makes possible the entrance into the inside of the court between it and the St.Paulus Gate.
The aspect of the gate is not imposing, but it is a section of the old architecture of the city.

Comments