Rodos (City) Hotels

Our Members Say

• Jawnuta profile photo Jawnuta
  • Reviews: 450

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Michel Angelo Pension: Beautiful building - unusual owners :-)

I stumbled upon this Pension while walking through Old Town of Rhodos in extreme heat.
The old man who I think was an owner was very nice, and looked as cute as his stone building .
Since we travel on a budget I asked for the most inexpensive room and got a room on a ground floor which looked really cute and romantic. The owner asked for E40 in July 2009.
When I returned to the hotel with my hubby and our luggage 20 min later, the owner was not there, instead of him there were young couple with little girl in the lobby. They did not looked at us so we assumed they were vacationers....and we waited exhausted from heat (we just walked with our luggage in a full sun)... and breathe their cigaret smoke. Finally after what felt like forever the old man came back and yelled at the young couple, and let us into our room.

After we got to our room, and took a shower, we notice that the room is not so cute any more. The room stunk like a dirty dog (there was a felt-looking little old dog in the lobby which I didn't notice while getting the room). The floor was dirty, and the entire room just looked like it has not been cleaned for a while. Our blanket was used by a dog for sure, as it was just impossibly smelly.

On the other hand, we had our private entrance. The shower was strong. We had a table and chair outside where we could relax after a hot day. The old man was incredibly nice (well maybe too old to clean). His son (as we later find out who the young people in the lobby were) was occupied playing on the computer and smoking entire day, his girlfriend was just sitting on a lobby couch and smoking cigarets, and the young girl (7-10 yo) was just waisting her day away. The son helped us to find a car and with few outer things like getting a taxi to the ferry etc, but it had to be pressed to do so. Generally he preferred to play his computer game than working for his father and please the tourists (hey, maybe it was not his job, who knows...)
The whole situation (stinky dog, dirty room, "smoking-doing nothing -young couple" took a lot of charm from this beautiful, historical stone building there the pension was located. And it is a shame, because the hotel was well located and really cute.

WOULD WE STAY AGAIN IN THIS HOTEL????

Well, that is a good question.

I think if we were not able to find different accommodation for the same price or lower, WE WOULD, but we would ask for the room on one of the higher floors and we would bring few "sweepers" to dust the place. As we were leaving we noticed a utility closet on the corridor with some mop. We would definitely made a use of this mop ourself if we had to stay there again. Old man definitely can not clean the way we like it.

• Written January 1, 2010

Front of Michel Angelo Pension

• Fam.Rauca profile photo Fam.Rauca
  • Reviews: 1346

Hotel in Rhodes City: An old hotel in an old town

This is an old hotel in Rhodes City.

The architecture of the building makes part of the old and traditional style of the city.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 25, 2008

Old hotel in Rhodes City

• Fam.Rauca profile photo Fam.Rauca
  • Reviews: 1346

Lydia Hotel: A modern hotel in Rhodes City

The hotel was constructed in the year 1971, on a quietly street, in the centre of the New City of Rhodes, and it was recently renovated.

It offers to the tourists a number of 60 single, double and triple rooms with good facilities for them.

All rooms have a bathroom, air-conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, and mini bar...
Some rooms have a private balcony.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written May 25, 2008

Lydia Hotel %b%cr**%b%c*

• stoogy profile photo stoogy
  • Reviews: 37

Blue Sky hotel: Near the center of town

We stay in Blue Sky hotel witch is placed on the west side of Rodos city. Hotel have all facilities we need ( restaurant, spa center, swimming pool ). We have half board so we dinner in the hotel. I must say that the food became boring on the second day. Rooms were quiet good. We had one on the east side where we seen new town. Rooms on the opposite side had view on the beach. On the beach under the hotel, nobody is swimming because wind and waves was so strong all day. Recmmend this hotel for pairs in middle age. Good side is that hotel is placed only five minutes walk to the city centre.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written July 1, 2007

• 6Elynn9 profile photo 6Elynn9
  • Reviews: 4

Nathalie Hotel: Nice Place to Stay in Rodos

I stayed at Nathalie hotel during the summer of 2003. I was there for about 1 month and they gave me a fantastic rate. It was not in the city but just outside - Ixia on the west coast of the Island of Rhodes - it is 400m away from the beach. I spent that whole month windsurfing. It was great. They also helped me get a great rate at the local windsurfing shop.

This is their website:

The owners are Lisa Singleton (UK) and Yianis Iwannis (Greek) both are fantastic people.

The facilities is simple and it does have a pool - you get a choice of room - w/ or w/o AC. I picke the one w/o AC since I was out most of the day and most of the night :)

They do provide breakfast - eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruits, toast, etc.
There are 2 supermarkets within walking distance.

In the morning and late afternoon - after siesta - the front patio, shaded by grapevine, is a great place to chill.

• Related to: Gay and Lesbian, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written January 18, 2007

• euest55 profile photo euest55
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mitsis Grand Hotel Rhodes: Never back

Grand Hotel, Rhodes, a 3*
My bed at the hotel was terrible, the mattress was very hard and uneven. I asked for a mattress change and what they did was place a blanket between the mattress and the sheets. 7 sleepless nights!!
The refrigerator in the room stopped working twice during our stay, the TV set was a 14'' old thing with a very bad reception. In the wardrobe, one of the drawers was stained and two others were stuck The bathtub was too narrow. They didn't change sheets everyday neither refill the soup and shampoo (it's a good thing we brought some from home).
Our room faced towards a very noisy street, so we had to sleep with the windows closed and the air-conditioning on.
There were taps with cold water during breakfast time but they were covered at dinner time and you are not allowed to bring water with you so, had to pay 3 Euros for a bottle of water, when outside the same quantity cost 0.30 Euros.
The hotel "offers" a show twice a week and at the lobby we were told that it was for free, but in reality you are only allowed to watch it if you buy drinks (at the bar's exorbitant prices).
The hotel offers NO recreation whatsoever, except for an old tennis court (only until 8 PM) . A very cold swimming pool and 2 ice cold ones.
And now the good things: the service is very good, the waiters and cleaning lady were very nice. Food at breakfast was good but didn't change during the whole week. The dinner buffet was excellent most of the days but the Chinese restaurant was a bad experience, so we were afraid to try the Italian.
people in Rhodes are nice and it is a beautiful place. I especially liked the owner of a souvenir shop located at the back street from the hotel (turn left as you leave the hotel, then left and left again) , the cheapest prices I found in Rhodes and a very beautiful collection of hand painted pictures.
Esther

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Seniors
  • Written October 6, 2006

• Daja123 profile photo Daja123
  • Reviews: 251

Mare Palace Hotel Kalithea: Kalithea hotel

We were very satisfied about this hotel. The service was perfect and we enjoyed in a Greek food. Only that we were surprised how they didn't have a good wine :).

Every evening they offer a cultural performances with their traditional dances. The guests had opportunity to sing along the singer on the stage... We took this opportunity!!!!!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Surfing, Castles and Palaces
  • Written September 28, 2005

Hotel

• miman profile photo miman
  • Reviews: 247

Mitsis La Vita: La Vita Rodos city

The “Mitsis Hotels La Vita Hotel” is a 3 star complete renovated hotel, situated in the city of Rhodes. This prime location is only 50m from the beach with its new promenade. The hotel is just a few minutes away from main historical and cultural attractions. All 115 rooms comprise of a full bathroom, direct dial telephone, mini fridge, air-conditioning and TV. I realy liked this Hotel. It is comfortable and clean. You can use all the benefits of the Grand Hotel which is nearby. The room wont be spectacular so don't expect it to be, but it will be neatly furnished and cleaned every day with a nice bathroom and clean towels everyday.

Great location

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written September 28, 2005

La Vita Hotel

• asterakii profile photo asterakii
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Spote Hotel: Old Town, Rhodes- Shining Star- Look no further!

I stayed at this wonderful hotel in July 2005. I can't begin to tell you what an excellent stay it was. Perfect location! Inside castle walls; perfectly nestled for a peaceful nights sleep, yet steps away from all shops, sites and restaurants, the best Old Town has to offer. The rooms are absolutely SPOTLESS! Cozy, quiet and so very comfortable, which was a plus being so far from home. The owner Lee, who speaks perfect english (VERY VALUABLE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY) knows Rhodes and Old Town like the back of his hand. I never picked up my Rhodes guidebook! Referred me to the best restaurants at a very reasonable price; and all the must see sites. Lee went out of his way to make sure that everything was flawless. Look no further!! Would highly recommend this hotel.

Immaculate rooms, spotless, spotless, spotless- CLEAN

Beautiful garden and indoor lounge area to have meal or just relax

Steps away from all shopping, sites, restaurants, etc..

Perfectly nestled in sidestreet for a peaceful nights sleep

Owner speaks perfect english (very valuable)

Private bathrooms in each room and mini fridge

In room safe to secure valuables

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors
  • Written August 13, 2005

• sandysmith profile photo sandysmith
  • Reviews: 5725

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Constantin: Handy Hotel for Mandraki Harbour

A package stay here on a bed and breakfast basis.
Clean comfortable room, bathroom one of the smallest I have ever had but apparently thats par for the course in Greece. A quiet location too as not on busy main road. Seemed popular with Greek too - many were staying here so that must be a good recommendation!

Room had air conditioning and fridge - a godsend in the summer season. Hotel staff very pleasnt and helpful. Decent buffet breafast and a pool with pool bar - not that we had time to use it much...there was too much to see.

Oh I did get a bottle of champagne from the management for my birthday - in fact 2 - a second bottle appeared the day after my birthday, but I wasn't complaining ;-0

• Written June 13, 2005

Constantin Hotel

• hukkanen profile photo hukkanen
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Electra Palace, Ialyssos: Greek hotel with English cuisine...

We had booked this all-inclusive trip since we were travelling with kids and figured this would be an OK way to do it, as we have stayed in these kind of hotels earlier in other places and been fairly satisfied. This hotel, though, didn't quite live up to our expectations. There were guests from all over Europe, but we soon discovered that the food was made specially for the English guests. I had been looking forward to greek food, but I have never been served more English food than here (not even in England).
The entertainment was quite boring, and the same music played over and over again every evening. The kids club was actually quite ok, and the kids enjoyed the activities. If you are not into gourmet food, the staff is friendly, the place is clean and the pool area is really nice.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written September 20, 2004

• RoyJava profile photo RoyJava
  • Reviews: 1368

Colossus Beach Hotel: Just Around The Corner

Colossos Beach Hotel, named after, yep!, the famous statu of Rhodes' Colossus, is an utmost luxurious hotels in Faliraki area. It was just renovated some 2 years ago, and built in 1981. You'll find here elegance and comfort at its best, with sandy beaches and beautiful gardens with exotic flowers, too. Just 10 km from Rhodes town and 4 km from Falirakis centre ...

There's great restaurant, bar & cafe, swimming pool and gym, a tennis court, golf course ofcourse!, sauna

All AC rooms have private bathroom, hairdryer, TV (Satellite), Phone, fridge and a little kitchenette.

For the very first time here we travelled all over the Rhodes island for good locations and, did not know anything about the hotels facilities. It took away our breath to make some of the last pictures just around the corner of the hotel ... Wow, quite an experience to a spoiled make-up artist and, the models ... see us at the bus-station and our van ... looks cute huh ???

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 29, 2004

street-front-hotel-rhodes

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Rodos (City)