Panorama Hotel Apartments

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Rodos (City)

Main area for shoppingMain area for shopping

Nea AgoraNea Agora

The Courtyard of one of the InnsThe Courtyard of one of the Inns

EntranceEntrance

Travel Tips for Rodos (City)

Helpful hints

by miman

Water
The tap water is natural spring water. That means you can drink it without stomach trouble.

Banks
Banks are normally open Mon. - Fr. 08.00 - 14.00 but closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. You'll find banks in all towns and main resorts and all of them change money, travelers cheques and euro cheques supported by an euro cheque card. Some banks also give cash on major credit cards. There are also plenty exchange offices around the island (in rent a car, hotels, travel agencies). When changing travelers cheques don't forget to take your passport along. Most major credit cards are accepted in many shops, taverns and banks, but it is advisable to check first. The money on Rhodes is the Euro.

Chemists
are recognizable by a red or a green cross which is displayed outside. The opening hours are the same as the shops around.

Desert Near Agathi

by RoyJava

Hire yourself a motorbike, and drive into the semi-desert near Agathi. For sure you will have a stunning time ... bring a lot of bottles of water, though you can drive back to Agathi. Don't forget sunglasses, deep sun-tan and cover up your neck! The area is rocky, some deeper ditches have filled with water. It is very good to drive around. And who knows ... you'll bump into a fashion crew!

Good Food and Friendly Waiters

by Irina about Martha's Restaurant

The day we went to visit Rodos it was my husband's turn to feel ill. We assume it was because of the heat. As he didn't want to spoil my pleasure of visiting the town, he came with me inside the Old Town and settled down at the nearest taverna. I took an apetizer with him then left him there for 2 hrs and went to see the town.
When I came back, he had three courses, a couple of beers and three new friends: two waiters and the owner. The person standing behind him in this pic is one of the waiters with a very strong sense of humour.
The atmosphere and the food were enough to make my husband feel good again, and this photo is the best proof! I have eaten DOLMADES, which are wine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs. Optionally, you can ask for dolmades with meat and of course this is what I've asked. I was very curious to taste them, as they sounded much like the Romanian sarmale in wine leaves.
After the first bite, I've asked the waiter if my plate really contains dolmades with meat. I was told that meat is put in the dolmades to give some flavour, not to dominate. Well, in our sarmale, rice is put to make chopped meat more tender... Dolmades were not a great experience for my tastes, but maybe just because I was expecting them to be at least as good as our sarmale.
Sorin was more inspired: he had a fish and seafood soup, which was excellent - I've tasted it. I don't know what he had after, because I wasn't there, and he doesn't remember now. He only remembers it was tasting very good.
When I came back from my Old Town tour, I've found Sorin listening to some kind of seminary about "How to choose the best fishes in the fishmarket", the conferenciary being Spiros, the owner of the restaurant. To give examples of what good fish is, he brought a huge metal tray with ice and fish, and showed every important piece to the auditorium. That moment Sorin and I regretted to have our stomaches full and planned to come back for Spiros' fish.
We did not get back, but we keep some nice memories about Spiros and his personnel.

The Grand Master’s Palace, view from Mandraki

by Fam.Rauca

The palace is a big edifice, situated on the low acropolis of the town.

The view of the palace from the Mandraki Harbour is an imposing reality in the middle of the history.

The wonderful construction is the middle point of Rodos, and an attraction for all the visitors of the town.

Tsambika beach

by miman

Tsambika (or Tsampika) is one of the most beautiful beaches on Rhodes. A long, broad beach with fine, golden sand and dozens of colourful little flags marking out the various eating establishments and beach sports centre. Apart from these, and a mini-market next to the bus stop, there is absolutely nothing else here - nothing except crowds of people of all ages and nationalities, who come to swim in the emerald crystal-clear water and admire the imposing rock with the Monastery of the Virgin of Tsambika (or Tsampika), from which the beach has taken its name. The virgin of Tsampika is said to work miracles and young woman having diffi culty in conceiving often pray for her aid. If their prayers are answered, they name the child after the Virgin.

Comments