Guernsey Hotels

Our Members Say

• bonio profile photo bonio
  • Reviews: 2494

Imperial: Imperial

Seafront hotel on Rocquaine bay, around 10 mins by bus to the airport and perhaps 25 mins into St Peter Port. Lovely place to stay.
Large and comfortable 1st floor room for us with a sea view too. Everything worked! no complaints at all.
English breakfast included in the price, and good value bar and restaurant available for evening meals, look out for special deals! (more about food later)
Friendly and welcoming, very happy to revisit soon.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 16, 2013

• KelJan profile photo KelJan
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Wayside Cheer Hotel: A Superb 2 Star Hotel

Check in was faultless and we were shown to our room, as we walked through the Tudor Style Bar you could feel the atmosphere of a friendly place which we were to enjoy later.

The room was a nice size and you could tell had been upgraded recently the bed was very comfortable and the room had ensuite bathroom TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities.

We went for a walk and the Pool and Garden was nice but the weather was too cold to use that, accross the road was a lovely beach and we walked to the headland, It must look lovely in the summer.

For those who like walking there are some nice walks around the area.

The food at the hotel is much better than you would expect for a 2 star hotel and the prices very reasonable, in fact they had a promotion which seemed to be all over the island for this month where you get a 2 course meal for £10 or 2 couses for £12.50 or £15.

We had a nice starter and dessert, and for the main Course I had a Wonderful Fillet Steak and my Partner Jane, had the Symphony of Fish which was Baked Cod, Sea Bass and Salmon with a Prawn Sauce Veg & New Potatoes and at £15 each that was a great deal.

On the second night we dined in style (Ate Fish and Chips on the Sea Wall at Cobo and watched the sunset)

The regular Menu is great value I had some really Tasty Ribs and Jane had a Ribeye they were both excellent, so if you like food you cant go wrong at The Wayside.

The bar was as we expected a nice place to spend the evening and the entertainment was very good,

The first night My Partner did the Line Dancing while I propped up the bar with some locals, the next night we had a guitarist in the bar for a sing along and theres a small dance floor, the last night there was a band in the ballroom which was Brilliant

All the staff did everything they could to make our short stay memorable and we will visit with them again soon

For people like us that had never been to guernsey it is a great place just to chill out and the cliff views are stunning.

Thanks a bunch everyone

Kelvin & Jane

Really Good Quality Beds

Quality of Food much better than the 2 Star standard expected many dishes would be acceptable in a 4 Star hotel.

Staff are the friendliest I have ever come across and really want to please the guests

Location is superb whether you enjoy walking along the coast, drive or want to use the islands subsidised bus service currently just 60p to go anywhere.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written January 1, 2009

Pool

• Jasen71 profile photo Jasen71
  • Reviews: 324

Pandora: Nice Hotel in St Peter Port

If you walk/drive up Cornet Street and past Victor Hugo's House you'll come across the Pandora Hotel. The hotel is clean and tidy and has a two star rating, but I think it's more deserving of 3 stars. The staff are polite and friendly and the room are clean and tidy with TV and coffee/tea making facilites. The hotel has a coctail bar, lounge, restaurant and car parking to offer.

I enjoyed my stay here, as it was close to the auctions and town.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 7, 2005

• Jasen71 profile photo Jasen71
  • Reviews: 324

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Les Cotils Hotel: Christian Centre Hotel

Les Cotils is an ecumenical Christian Centre, building a community which embraces the rich variety of inter-denominational heritage. I found this place by chance and was the only place not fully booked during the summer. The rooms where a bit dated and my room had a bath rather than a shower.

If you wish to have peace and quiet, and a place to pray this is it.

• Written July 24, 2005

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1159

Vazon Bay Hotel: Quaint but nice

This little hotel has only 27 rooms and can only be described as "quaint." While it has the feel of an older establishment, our room was small but nicely furnished and clean. The bathroom was typically small, but had all the necessary equipment and was also clean. The staff was extremely cordial and helpful - since I returned home one of them e-mailed me for my address so they could mail something I left in the room.

The Vazon Bay has both a bar and a separate restaurant and both are very good. We had a supeb dinner one night in the restaurant and good pub style food another night in the bar. We also really enjoyed what we call the FEB - full English Breakfast. It was served in the nice restaurant. The food was very good and included cereals, juice, tea, coffee, toast, butter, jam, scrambled or fried eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and beans. One could hardly go away hungry.

• Written October 17, 2004

Vazon Bay Hotel

• Steve-H profile photo Steve-H
  • Reviews: 506

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Dog House.: Best pub in Guernsey.

Curtesy of Mark The Dog House manager and resident good guy the whole band were given rooms above the venue, some were simple, some were small apartments and all were appreciated, after a sweaty night on stage it must be a relief to know that you are only a few yards from a hot shower and a bed.

Thr Dog House has a stage which is used most nights of the week, a great restaurant (usually packed) and now serving tapas, bar of course and best of all a very friendly atmosphere.

• Opinion of Price: N/A