B & B Bellevue Budapest

H-1015 Budapest, Szabo Ilonka u. 15/b, Budapest, Hungary

• to feel at ease

A wonderful place to stay. I had a neat and cozy room with view to the Danube and the parliament in the background. The location is perfect, just a few minutes from the fishermen’s bastion. Also few steps from here is the Batthyany ter with nice restaurants (also a vegan one), Metro, bus and tram station. Judit and Lajos are perfect hosts, engaged and speak English fluently. Judit sent me detailed and very helpful directions and tips for public transport in advance. Lajos also gave interesting recommendations. The special is a rich breakfast among the other guests sitting around one big table.

• Museeuw's Profile Photo

A very good choice!

I'm really happy I found the B&B Bellevue for our stay in Budapest. I'd recommend it to everyone. You have everything you need (and more) and you feel entirely at home.

The rooms are nice and comfortable, each with a bathroom and toilet. And everything is spot clean, which is very important of course. Every room also has a balcony, where you can fully enjoy the silence in this area.

The main 'feature', if I can call them like that :-), are the owners Judit and Lajos. They're really warm people and make you feel at home from the very first moment. They try to help you and give you advice as much as possible. They're very good in judging character also: they see which kind of persons the guests are and what their preferences are, and they act and give recommendations accordingly.

Bellevue is close to everything: 2 minutes walking to the Fishermen's bastion, 10 minutes walking to the Chain Bridge, 8 minutes walking to Batthyány tér metro, train and bus station, ... .

Prices: starting from 47 (low season), 52 (mid) or 57 euro (high), with a copious breakfast included.

Unique Quality: Very nice is that you have breakfast on the balcony or at one big table with the other guests, so you get to talk to a whole range of different kind of people in a relaxed atmosphere.

At any moment of the day you can (without charge) use the computer and internet connection that's set up in the kitchen, and there's also an in-house wifi network.

Directions: On the Buda side, right under the Fisherman's bastion

More about B & B Bellevue Budapest

Budapest is a hidden treasure

by TripAdvisor Member lund1980

The city is very affordable. Dinner including salad, entree, dessert and wine ranged about $25-30 total for 2 people. There are so many historic sites to see and nearby towns that have a lot of unique diversity. We stayed at the Budapest Bellevue, a fantastic B & B. Great room, large balcony and a cooked breakfast on the terrace every morning for less than a $100 a night.

I disagree

by TripAdvisor Member 6699

The location was great except it was hard to find and we were late arriving at 5pm and judith was curt on arrival. Ok, so the room was very hot , but we were told not to open the windows at night, the king size bed was a queensize bed, the breakast was ok if somewhat crowded. The rooms were musty - all of this we took in stride, but when Judit asked us to tip the maid - a romy -(which we do usually) ) and they themselves want cash i.e. probably under the table , I wonder how much they are paying the help themselves. Sorry to rain on everyones parade but that was our experience.

A Real Delight

by TripAdvisor Member HSSchlarb

This Bed and Breakfast is ideally situated in Budapest. You are within walking distance of Castle Hill and the Fisherman's Bastion as well as the Bathany Ter metro station. Parking arrangements are very satisfactory if required. Our vehicle was treated as well as we were during our stay- not a worry to be had. Our hosts were very helpful in providing recommendations for points of interest and reasonably priced restaurants serving good local cuisine. The rooms are well kept and the breakfasts filling. Internet access is available on site.
The Bellevue is at the top of our list for our next visit to Budapest.

A B & B to judge others by

by TripAdvisor Member mipsy2

We booked Bellevue on the Internet as our accommodation in Budapest on completion of the Blue Danube Cruise from Nuremburg. Judit had provided us with comprehensive instructions to find it. It transpired that the location is mere metres away from the Castle District and well placed for transport shops and Restaurants. We were greatly assisted on arrival by a detailed briefing by Lajos on everything that a traveller needed to know. The room was delightful, large, airy, well furnished and with a magnificent view over the river and the Parliament and other sights on the Pest side. Breakfast was served on the balcony and we had a great time chatting with the other guests. Judit and Lajos are both professional and attentive hosts and obviously enjoy what they do. Their language skills are most helpful in a city where english is not widely spoken but which enjoys a growing tourist trade. We enjoyed our three nights there and Judit even packed us a breakfast when we had an early flight on departure and booked us a taxi. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend Bellevue to others. We have stayed at bed & breakfast venues in several countries and Bellevue exemplifies the advantages this type of accommodation has over traditional hotels.

Great place to stay in a great city

by TripAdvisor Member KTM_Dude

I was impressed with the Bellevue. My room (no. 5 at the top) had a good view overlooking the Danube and Parliament, was very clean with enough light/ventilation etc. The owners, Judit & Lajos were very helpful and friendly. On arrival Judit gave us a map of the city and she kindly marked the places of interest.

Location of the Bellevue B&B was excellent, with plenty of bars/restaurants in the neighbourhood. The 24-hour pancake shop was handy for quick snacks at lunch etc. Bar Isosobella showed the Champions League football matches. Best meal we had was around the corner at the Vigado (?). The Belga Brasserie (Belgian Bar/Restaurant) appeared to be the place to be seen as it was always packed, good food and service etc.

The Bellevue is on the Buda side of the city, a 15 minute walk gets you across the chain Bridge so the Pest side isn't far away.
I loved Budapest, initial impressions can be one of graffiti and general shabbyness but once you look past that (and you will quite quickly!) I thought it had great charm and character.

I would thoroughly recommend the Bellevue. My only very slight grumble was the breakfast. Judit goes out of her way to offer you cold meats and cheeses, not my choice of breakfast, that's all. There's just two choices of cereal, one fruit juice, one style of bread, one flavour of jam but plenty of great coffee or tea. A minor point I know but I'm simply more used to a much wider choice at breakfast.

I would happily stay again.

Fell in love with Budapest and the Bellevue had a lot to do with it!

by TripAdvisor Member jintsjason

I spent two nights at the Bellevue. The B&B is located just below the Castle Hill region of Buda and possessed a view of the Danube and the Parliament building from my balcony! Judit and her husband could not be more helpful or welcoming and really care how you feel not just about their Guest Home, but about the city itself.

Budapest is a fabulous city that I will definitely return to and I urge everyone to add a day if you only plan on staying one or two nights. You'll need it!

Keep in mind that breakfast at a B&B in hungary is very different than a Fllu Irish or Ulster Fry, basically it's cereal, cold cuts and fresh juices and coffee, but that is a regional negative, and in no way should reflect how I felt about my stay there.

They also have Wireless, so one night, I just brought home some yummy food and a beer, sat on the balcony and wrote as the city of Pest lay lit below me. A wondrous evening to be sure!

Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Highlandman

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights Can only agree with the vast majority of reviews Excellent place to stay Helpfull hosts, good location,good rooms,good breakfasts and the chance to chat to the other guests over breakfast

Everything we had hoped for.

by TripAdvisor Member BobandSharon

Used Trip Advisor to find the Bellevue and could not been more pleased with our experience. Great location, great hosts and a modest price. Our room was spacious and spotless.

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member twinm0mma

Great esperience. Location is outstanding.......just below Fishermans Bastion.. Close to metro, grocery store. Very friendly and helpful. You will not be disappointed. View of the Parliment, chain bridge and danube river on one side, and fishermans bastion on the other. The only problem is if you cannot climb stairs, otherwise wonderful.

Comments