We were excited and in the same time a little bit nervous to try this experience: a botel!
But even though a little bit difficult to locate (the taxi driver had problems to get us there) it actually was a very pleasant experience.
It was winter, but the room was warm and welcoming. So was the personnel, and the breakfast was delicious.
Staying in a floating hotel was a first for me and as hotels go the staff were pleasant and the food just as good. The Room was comfortable but the shared utilities were lacking which i feel were below many basic standards, in my opinion you can find a camp site with a better utilities block.
I found this hotel to be on the outskirts and a good 10-15 min walk to nearest tram stop. It's not that local to cafe's and resturants but they do serve food. I would reccommend a falk dance dinner cruise, can be booked at the hotel or you can get your ticket at the booking office on peir 5 (pier number may have changed since!).
If you are happy to wake up with nausea every day then go for it but i won't be booking another stay.
Directions: You will find near margarets bridge opposit the park.
I'd like to get some directions to get from Keleti pu to the Boat Hotel Fortuna using the public transportation system. I know there's a minivan service (railbus), but I'll only have a large backpack and I think I can manage without a cab-type service.
Second question: I'll be coming from Austria, is it worth buying some HUF in Austria or should I get them at Keleti pu? What about rates for cashing traveller's cheques in Euro?
It's easy to get there from Keleti:
1. Exit the station via main exit (next to the stairways).
2. Turn right and cross the roads to the McDonald's.
3. There you'll find the trolleybus terminal in that side street.
4. Take trolleybus 76 to Szent Istvan park stop (11th stop). You have to get off after the trolley crosses over a railway line and yard, goes around a church and continues a bit straight and turns left in the end, next to a park. Or in other words, get off at the 4th stop after crossing the railway bridge.
5. Walk through the park. You'll arrive at the Danube bank. The hotel will be in your sight.
I recommend you to withdraw money from ATMs or look for money exchange offices at places other than the railway, bus stations or airports.
...for such a fast and to-the-point reply. Much appreciated!
Roosevelt Ter 5-6, Budapest
Erzsebet krt 43-49, Budapest
Bem rkp. 11, Budapest
Erzsebet Ter 7-8, Budapest
Latest Budapest hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Szent Istvan park, also rakpart, Budapest, H-1137, Hungary