Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

An Excellent Luxury Hotel

I stayed at this hotel for a couple days after my wedding and it was fantastic. This is the only 5-star hotel I've stayed in, so of course it was a whole new experience for me. I booked just a regular size room and it was gigantic with lots of furniture and a king-size bed. The bathroom was also very large and completely covered in marble. The hotel spa was also amazing. They have a Turkish bath, sauna, and massage room. The New York coffee house has excellent coffees and desserts. You can order room service at any time of day or night (the food is delicious!). The rooms are of course very clean and have a nice view. Room service and items from the mini-bar are kind of expensive though ($5 for a small bottle of water). Overall, this is an amazing hotel and it's great if you are travelling for a honeymoon or special occasion.

Unique Quality: Very luxurious!

Directions: near Blaha Lujza Square

• Classy place to stay

We stayed here for 3 nights in April and really enjoyed it. The Hotel is luxurious without being over pretentious, and the rooms are comfortably contemporary with all the usual luxury products and bathrobes, slippers etc. Mini bar prices are quite high but not massively so, and the building itself is very grand. Enjoyed eating breakfast with the views down over the massive entrance lobby!

Unique Quality: There is a spa area and lap pool in the hotel which we really enjoyed using!! The lap pool is very private and great to have all to yourselves

Directions: Central Pest area. Hotel is right next to the red line metro, and has tram running outside, so very handy for travel to all areas

More about Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest

Night view of the New York Palace

by 1courage about Budapest at night

2. The New York Palace. This building recieved it`s great illumination when the latest renovation was made, between 2002 and 2006. Altough this building is very attractive also by day, but at night, when it`s fully lit up, becomes beyond every doubt the most breathtaking sight of the whole Gran Boulevard (Nagykörút). See also my Things to do tip to know how does it look like by day.

Best in Budapest!

by TripAdvisor Member dgrossni

We recently spent 3 nights at the Boscolo New York Palace Hotel. This was our 2nd trip to Budapest and had formerly stayed at the Marriott. Although we loved the Marriott and it's location, the Palace was FAR superior. The level of service, the sumptuous breakfast, spacious rooms and bathrooms--the simply palatial feeling made it a great place to be. The location was very central, and the service of their private car from hotel to airport or port was very efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an extraordinarily upscale experience in Budapest. Shop around for a good price, as we paid less than $250 USD per night.

Spectacular hotel with impeccable service

by TripAdvisor Member NYNJgirl

I just came back from my first trip to Budapest. My stay at the Boscolo New York Palace was extraordinary. The building, rooms, restaurant were all first-rate. Equally impressive was the service. I was there for 4 nights and the concierge and entire hotel staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. Everyone spoke English perfectly and were eager to help at any time. I highly recommend this hotel. Although there are no views to the River from here, the location is very central. I walked everywhere from here without hesitation. BTW, you must eat at the restaurant it was incredible.

Needs finishing touches

by TripAdvisor Member wendywuredhill

Lovely Hotel in a great position in the city. But it lacks the finer touches that make a 5* hotel. While we were in Budapest the weather was in the 30s. The hotel did not have any air conditioning in the main building only in the rooms.

The breakfast was a bit limited and they were slow replacing items that had run out.

The doormen were not always present and they did not all dress in uniform.
Tiles were missing in the swimming pool. No one on the desk in the spa, so no towels.

This is a good hotel but does not come up to the standard of the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal that is just down the road.

A Destination In Itself!

by TripAdvisor Member JChua

Having done a thorough research on Budapest hotels, I had decided to try the two new Art Nouveau hotels available - Gresham Palace and New York Palace, for our recent trip.

After spending a night at the former, my husband and I spent the next 3 nights at the New York Palace, from 23 to 26 June. After checking the hotel's wesbite, decided to book their 'Love & Romance Package'. After much calculations, found that it is a rather good value package with Champagne and chocolates, drinks on arrival, free two-way airport transfers, free 3 course dinner at its Deepwater Restaurant, rose petals bath, free use of its fitness area, free upgrade to the next room category, free one hour private guide tour ...

Upon entering the hotel and checking in, I was amazed by the extreme beauty of its grand opulence... everything from the entrance to the lobby was covered in Italian marble of matching colour tone (white, yellow and brown), Crystal chandeliers abound with an interesting but informal check in area. The New York Cafe alongside with its upmarket Deepwater Restaurant resembled some musemn rather than some eateries ... it was grandeur of the highest category, to say the least!

Our Deluxe room on the 5th floor (room 511) was very spacious indeed, probably some 50 meters square, easily a Junior Suite at some other hotels. It has a balcony, too, with views of the Royal Palace on the Buda side (very surprised indeed). Facing the side street, our room was very cosy and quiet - important for jet lagged travellers like us. The bathroom was big, too and covered in green and white marble - though not as attractive as the Gresham Palace toilet, but who cares so much about toilets anyway?

On the first two days, we hardly see any hotel guests in the lifts, lobby and at breakfasts and felt like we ''owned'" the whole palace to ourselves! Breakfasts was superb, with its wide range of yummy cakes, crispy croissants, fruit juices, yoghurt, egg cooked to order, ham and bacon - the choice and quality offered here outshines that of the Gresham, anytime, trust me!

On our second last day, we even make time to enjoy its spa facilities, namely the Turkish bath (somewhat strange concept), swimming pool and Sauna steam room. Again, we were the only ones using the whole Spa basement floor, felt like we own the place again! Regretfully, the Gresham has only a small segment of their 5th floor converted into a spa but this hotel dedicated a WHOLE BASEMENT to its Spa .....just imagine the difference!

The free 3 course dinner at its Deepwater Restaurant was definitely alongside the same standards as our Gundel's meal but given to us for free cos we stayed 3 nights under its 'Love & Romance Package''. Otherwise, it would have costs us a whopping 150 euros for 2 persons (you may choose any 3 course on its limited menu eg a salad, a main course and probably a dessert. )

Overall, my husband and I felt the same way about these two grand Art Nouveau Budapest landmarks - that the New York Palace definitely outshines the Gresham Palace anytime, esp. its outside facade, its marble-layed interiors, its Cafe and Restaurant, its Spa size and facilities, its Room size and decor, its overall ambience.

What the New York Palace loses out is in terms of SERVICE. Its Cafe and Restaurant staff seem to have some kind of attitude problem, but we were unfazed. Also, its receptionist and doormen does not speak as good English as the Gresham staff and are not as well trained nor knowledable as well.

Plus, the New York Palace is not situated in the touristry part of the Pest side. Its located in the working area of the locals where you can find a Metro stop on the same block of the Hotel (merely a few doors away), many buses and tram lines, cheap Chinese and Kebab takeaways, two supermarkets. Also, there are little or no views (with the exception of our 5th floor room) across the Danube.

After weighing the pros and cons, I am glad we picked the New York Palace over the Gresham Palace for the bulk of our Budapest stay (see my review under Four Seasons Gresham Palace). Budapest is lovely, though not as romantic as Paris, Venice, Prague nor Vienna and certain areas can be a little seedy, it is still worth a 3 or 4 night stay.

Enjoy!

Wow!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Skybaby

This hotel definitely has the wow factor from the moment you enter the sumptuous marbled lobby. My husband and I, along with my parents have just spent 3 nights at the New York Palace and we loved it. The rooms are a good size and decorated in a luxury contemporary style. The beds were really comfortable and the fantastic feather pillows were huge. Our bathroom was large and decorated throughout in marble, with both a rain shower and a hand held shower situated in a fab circular bath. The room contained all the usual 5* facilities and could not be faulted. The reception staff were friendly and professional at all times and nothing was to much trouble. The New York Cafe is not to be missed for sheer opulence alone. All in all, a fabulous place from which to explore this facinating city.

Irish TRAVELLER

by TripAdvisor Member NancyDonegal_Ireland

Myself and a friend had a mid week break in Budapest in May we stayed at the New York Palace. It was the most beautiful hotel i ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The bedroom was really nice and the marble bathroom was lovely too. Our room was cleaned on a daily basis and beds turned down for a well deserved sleep on our return from a busy day sightseeing. Coming from Ireland I love tea but don't think the Hungarians know that you boil the water in order to make tea!!! The hotel Piano bar is seriously expensive, its a no no if you are on a budget! The New York cafe is fabulous the decor has to be seen to be believed.

Overall we really enjoyed our trip to Budapest. We took a trip on the Danube at night and it was fabulous.

The hotel organised our taxi for us for our return journey home the staff were all very courtious and friendly especially those on the door and at reception and especially Henri! A special hello to him!

Wow! Absolutely stunning!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelSnob1

LOCATION: The location is fair. Everything is within 1 hours walking distance. There is a metro stop a 3 minute walk from the hotel which works well (and will get you to the main tourist areas in 5 minutes) but it’s still not in the heart of the tourist sites. It would be better to be closer to the river.

BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Amazing! Some of the best bedding and linens I have seen in a hotel. Bed is so comfortable it’s difficult to get out! Down pillows are perfect!

LIGHTING: Great in both bedroom and bathroom.

SHOWER: Great water pressure, beautiful bathrooms. Only complaint is the water temperature changes from hot to cold constantly. Heated mirror is a nice touch.

TOILETRIES: High quality, very nice (Etro).

CLEANLINESS: Room and common areas are spotless.

A/C: Quiet and works very well.

CLOSET SPACE: More than average space for 2 people.

ROOM: Gorgeous. Amazing chandelier and furnishings.

FOOD: I am very picky about food and the New York Café for dinner was fantastic. Very impressed. Went back the next day for a milkshake and desert and was less than satisfied. Went back a 3rd day and it was better than average.

TV/INTERNET: TV is a nice size with several English channels. Wired internet in room for a charge.

SERVICE: Staff is very nice. Experienced one service issue in 4 nights. Overall, it’s been good.

COMMON AREA: Gorgeous!

TIPS: The only problem with this hotel is the location. I would prefer to be closer to where the tourist sites are but this hotel is so beautiful it’s worth the walk. I checked out the common area of the 4 seasons and it is also stunning but in a better location. You’ll be happy with either one! Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

Comments