Budapest Hotel

Tags

Trains Casino and Gambling Castles and Palaces
See Amenities

Very bad experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2011

I had a very bad experience in this hotel.
I was proposed a massage and I was happy to get one. The lady went with me to the cabine and closed the curtans. Then she asked me 20.100 ft, the real price was 4000 ft, without note. I was new in town, did not know the prices and the local curency, and I was tired. I know, I should have known better. Fact is, this lady stole money from me. I talked about this at the information desk buth there was nothing they could do to get my money back, she talked with the manager and proposed me a free entrance ticket. I refused, I will never go back to this hotel.

MY ADVICE : DO NOT GO TO THE THERMS OR BADHOUSES IN THE GELLERT HOTEL, NOT TRUSTABLE PERSONEL.

I went also to the other badhouses, Kigali and Szechenyi. I was treated correctly in this places.

English is not my language, sorry for mistakes

Unique Quality: There is not nothing good about this place, very bad experience.

Directions: Szt. Gellert Gyogyfurdo es Uszoda
1118 Budapest, Kelenhegyi ut 4

Close to the chainbridge.

Delia_Madalina's Profile Photo

Not my first choice

by written on November 2, 2010

The Budapest Hotel is great in terms of view and being close to the Castle (UNESCO site), though I wouldn't recommend it to people who are not in shape - there are quite a lot of stairs to climb before you actually arrive to the old city center.

The down side is that the furniture is rather shabby, the staff doesn't air the rooms as often as they should and wi-fi connection is 4 euros/30 min, available only in the lobby.

It was OK for our two days stay (2 nights/2 persons - 96 euros) but I wouldn't have paid their standard rate which I understand is somewhere around 90 euros/person/night.

The Moszkva square and subway station is 10 mins away (walking).

Unique Quality: Wonderful views and good location
Good quality for the price we paid

Directions: 10 minutes away from Moszkva Ter subway station

robson-rudd's Profile Photo

The Best Views in Buda

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 27, 2006

Arrived early so had a beer and sandwich in the Hotel's coffee house while we waited. When the room was ready a porter brought us our key to where we were sat and - when we were ready - took our luggage up to the room for us (tip was essential but modest - I gave 200 HUF). The Hotel Lobby was clean and welcoming and the Staff were friendly. The lifts were terrific in the day and in the evening but a bit of nightmare at breakfast time. I took the stairs most mornings to avoid the hassle of waiting. The room was clean and perfectly functional - the view across the Buda Hills was superb. During our stay Staff were friendly - almost all spoke English. The lady that worked the Bar / Coffee House even took the time to help us with our rudimentary Hungarian! Breakfast was included in the price and was good value for money. Hungarian fare sat alongside cheese, meet, bread and cereals. All was tasty - although if it's Sausage, egg and bacon your after I'd stay at home if I were you!

Unique Quality: The view was fantastic and it's unique cylindrical shape made it easy to spot from the plane!

Budapest hotel

by written on August 31, 2006

Good service by staff. Good breakfast.
Tram and bus from infront of hotel.
Underground 10 minutes walk or can take tram for two stops
biggest disappointment was the cheating in the resturants and coffees. Need to check the bills.
Example, bad one, Fesztivál Kávézó, next to Chain Bridge on Pest side next to Roosevelt tér. You must check the bill and keep it if you need to go again for money back.

Unique Quality: Of Hotel:

neuromancerWILL's Profile Photo

Decent Quality on a Budget

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2006

We stayed here for 3 nights in January 2006. Whilst not luxury by any means it was clean and friendly with an excellent location. It is situated on the Buda side of the river, just across the road from the Cog Wheel Railway which is a must to do. It is two tram stops from Moskva Ter which is a main tram/bus/underground station with excellent links to the rest of the city. Buy a Budapest Card to give you 48 or 72 hr access to all forms of transport with free and discounted entrance to other attractions (you get into Budapest Zoo free!!).

It takes you about 20 mins to get into the main shopping areas in Pest, or 10 mins walk to a major mall (Mammut) in Buda. It is also very easy to get to Buda castle, 15 minutes walk away or a short tram and change for a bus.

Breakfast is continental and standard fare, with quick service. Rooms are clean with good views and a few tv channels to choose from.

I will be going back to Budapest in November 06 and I will stay here again, you get what you pay for but the great location makes it so worthwhile. Yeah sure you could stay right in the heart of Pest but where is the fun in that? I like to travel and explore and this base is the perfect way to do that!!

Unique Quality: Good Views from Top Floors
Very convenient for Cog Wheel Railway, riding this to the top gives access to the Children's Railway as well.
Excellent location, two tram stops from Moskva Ter (Tram/Bus/Underground).
The hotel has a small casino in the basement, mostly electronic games but a few croupier card games too.

Hotel Budapest

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 30, 2005

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very pleased with the place. The staff are polite and helpful, the place is spotless and the rooms have everything you need. The hotel has 15 floors, we were on the 7th floor and had a nice view of the surrounding hills. The breakfast was good, some of the food was a bit strange for breakfast I thought...salads, meats...but there was cereal, sausage, egg, bread, fruit, tea, coffee, juice also. We ate in the restuarant one night, it was a lovely meal and reasonably priced.
There is a tram and bus stop outside which will take you to Moscow Square, otherwise you can walk in 5 minutes. From there you can get transport to the castle, Pest etc.
The only downsides to staying here are the lifts, there are only two and therefore you have to wait a while, we waited 10 minutes one morning! Also our room was very warm all the time and was facing the road so it was a bit noisy but we got used to it.

Unique Quality: I liked the fact that the hotel is cylindrical in shape, something different!

Carino's Profile Photo

4 for 3

by written on March 18, 2005

I was strolling through some websites to check for cheap rates and special deals. There were some european sites and there is travelnow.com. As the Euro is very high right now and the US Dollar very low, I saved quite a lot to book through the US-Site. We got a 4 for 3 deal and could pay in US Dollar.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is a bit far from downtown, but has nice rooms. If you are keen on a good breakfast, then you should consider another hotel. The buffet might be rather large, but not that good at all.

But the best thing is the round architecture of the hotel.

Nearby Budapest Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews

Mercure Budapest City Center
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Budapest Apartment 4 (Locust Tree Apartments)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews