Hilton Budapest WestEnd

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 57% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• obcbreeze's Profile Photo

Hilton Westend

OK, 8 years ago we stayed at the Victoria on the Danube which was wonderful, but this time we decided on a different part of Budapest and chose the Hilton Westend, which is located in Central Pest. This was an excellent choice. The room was very nice, the executive lounge was lovely and most of all the staff was excellent, especially Ezther. Also the hotel is located within steps of the Nyugati metro stop, which quickly got us anywhere we needed to go.

Unique Quality: Easily the staff, nothing was a problem or an issue. They were great.

Directions: Central Pest, right by Nyugati metro stop

• yankeepeddler's Profile Photo

Great location

We spent five days here and loved it. It is right next door to the Nyugati train/metro/tram/bus stop. Very convenient for airport access - train is best. Only minutes from most major sites. Best yet, its attached to the WestEnd Mall - very modern, very western. Has everything from electronics to groceries and everything in between. Most important - it has AC ! A luxury not to be overlooked this time of year. McDonalds is right around the corner and has free wifi - what more do you want ?

PS - less expensive refers to hotels of similar quality

Directions: Located next to Nyugati train station - if you walk more than 3 minutes, you're lost !

• Worth every star

I just got back from a trip to Budapest and stayed at the
    Hilton WestEnd (not to be confused with the Hilton
    at Castle Hill). Although the facility (as in the building,
    the property) itself is only marginally 5 star, the service
    is absolutely 5 star. Unbelievable. I've stayed in plenty
    5 star hotels before, the service here ranks right up
    there! Members of the staff are courteous, helpful (what
    you come to expect) and have class! Class! That's what
    you don't find in just any hotel. I don't quite know how to
    put it in words, but it must be their training program -
    their demeanor, the way they treat you, makes me feel
    like I have class too (I don't).

I went during off seasons so I paid peanuts for my
    room, but if I had paid $400 a night, that service
    staff would still have exceeded my expectation.

And don't get me wrong, it is a very nice hotel.
    Their (included) breakfast was very delicious
    and there was a patio out there for you to
    enjoy the bustling Pest with your eggs. It was
    a very memorable stay. They made Budapest
    just that much more enjoyable.

Unique Quality: Great view from the patio. Awesome breakfast. Great (perfect) staff.

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Hilton Budapest Hotel

Hilton Budapest Hotel is build inside a castle, and has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Like all Hilton hotels, this one is also fashionable. A large lobby and restaurants. The standard rooms were just above average. The room

• WillNathan's Profile Photo

Beautiful Hotel in the Castle District

In addition to being relatively inexpensive for a 5-star hotel, the Budapest Hilton was in the perfect location for exploring the castle district's architecture and restaurants. Facilities were what one would expect for a 5-Star hotel. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Budapest.

Unique Quality: The hotel was built around a beautiful architectural site. Additionally, the hotel provided vouchers and transportation to a local casino.

Directions: Castle District

• Excellent Location

Stayed there for 4 nights in March. Excellent location and is in the same complex as the West End Shopping Centre (Mall). Hotel has its own entrance to the Mall and you can get to the Metro (Nugati) through the mall itself - about a 5 min walk. Handy if it is raining outside. The mall has an excellent food court with a wide variety of food stalls. Tram lines 4 & 6 are also a 5 min walk.

Since I was a HHonors member we got upgraded to a suite which was spacious. Al rooms have bathtubs as well as a separate shower cubicle and separate WC's. A well equipped Gym is on the 4th floor as well as the restaurant which serves excellent Buffet breakfast. The usual high standard of Hilton breakfast includes hot American style as well as continental style Cereals/Cheese & Fruits.

The staff were outstanding, very helpful and friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable.

One word of advice - Don't use the hotel taxi's waiting outside the hotel as it is 3 times more expensive than the normal taxis, whom I learnt later had to pay a fee to the hotel.

Overall, compared to its more famous older sister the Hilton Budapest in the castle district which is a lot more expensive, the West End Hilton is good value for money and the central Pest side location is its plus point with it's proximity to restaurants/nightlife and the business district.

• ouate12's Profile Photo

Good business hotel

Good business hotel with clean and modern rooms. Located in the business area with a 20 minutes walk to the old town area however only 10 minutes to Margert Island. If you were travelling and like shopping the hotel is attached to the biggest shopping mall in central europe.

• The Pestslippers

If you can get a room as it is mainly full of my colleagues at the moment :-) you'll enjoy a comfortable, clean and spacious room. Lots of goodies in the trendy bathroom and maybe a little note on your pillow, as well as your curtains being drawn for you too!!!?

There is also a but, if you are not so flash with your cash, the breakfast to me is pricey, so me being me made use of the local shops and the fridge. I'm sorry but for 19 euro you can take your friends for goulash!!!

Unique Quality: Oh ok, the views.........well, the buildings surrounding are pretty impressive. Great gym facilities. No pool, but who needs one when you can go to the famous baths..... which are not to be missed (just for the experience).

If you want to go shopping, well, the hilton is part of the largest shopping mall (400 shops) in Budapest. Out of the back door from reception and you are IN the mall!

More about Hilton Budapest WestEnd

A Modern Gem

by TripAdvisor Member chrisny2

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in August, 2006, and LOVED it. The hotel is clearly very new and the architecture and modern style is lovely.

I was booked into a room on the executive level, which included an executive lounge serving breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The room was great: very comfortable beds and a spacious bathroom with bath and walk-in shower. Bathrobes were provided.
The furniture was modern and lovely, there was a large desk for working on a laptop.

The service was also excellent. I was treated with discreet and professional service throughout my stay.

The location of the hotel was also great. It was connected to the West End shopping mall, and was located right next to a major train station, so there are very convenient connections using the transit system.

Overall, I had a great stay and would strongly recomment the Hilton Budapest West End.

Great short break destination

by TripAdvisor Member truesdpr

Just returned from a 4 night city break with my husband and 7 year old daughter. As a HiltonHonours gold member we had a room on the executive floor and access to the lounge. The room was a deluxe and was very spacious and comfortable. There was an excellent quality rollaway bed for my daughter. The housekeeping at the hotel was amongst the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. It was spotless and the room was cleaned daily with the beds changed and fresh toiletries added. There was also nightly turndown which made the return to the room at night really inviting. All of the staff were pleasant, friendly and welcoming.

Our airline managed to lose our luggage and the lounge staff and concierge did a superb job following it up and chasing the airport and airline on our behalf. Nothing was too much trouble. We made good use of the shopping centre - accessible direct fromt he hotel - to stock up whilst our bag was located.

The executive lounge service was excellent - particularly the breakfast which served the best scrambled eggs I've tasted for years! We had breakfast outside on the terrace in the sunshine and it was handy to stop in for drinks at any time when we got back to the hotel after our sightseeing.

The concierge was very good and very knowledgable and she receommended a traditional Hungarian restaurant called Rezkakas for our last evening which included some traditional music - not a great lover of these sorts of things - but this was low key, unobtrusive in terms of interaction and the musicians were very accomplished. We had a lovely evening with excellent food and got chatting to a family from the Czech Rebublic on the next table. The dining room was sumptuous and the food and wine service was very good. We would never have stumbled across this place on our own!

The public transport is excellent and a one-day pass cost less than £3 for use of trams, buses and metros. My daughter loved the trams and we travelled all over the city. Had the obligatory cruise on the Danube and had bus tour as well.

Lots to do and see, the people were warm and friendly and we found it to be great value for money - particularly the restaurants and we got a rate of £70 per night for the deluxe room which I thought was very good especially when you consider the savings on breakfasts and drinks thorugh using the lounge. Also did some shopping for my daughter in the sales and got some superb bargains.

Would recommend Budapest for a short break and would definately highly recommend the Hilton West End.

Very short stay... but excellent

This really a semi-review, as we stayed in the Hilton Bubapest only for a few hours!
We were flying from Greece to Croatia for a wedding and had an 8-hour (!!) stopover in Budapest, so we decided to book into the Budapest West End Hilton for a few hours in order to get some sleep and freshen up. We had 2 days of partying ahead of us so we needed the rest!
The hotel is approx. 45 minuted from the airport, right in the center of Budapest. Unfortunatey it is not on the river and has no views like the Intercontinental or Marriot.
Checkin was flawless, and as I am a Diamond HHonors member we were upgraded to an executive room and had access to the -small but adequate- executive lounge.
The room was excellent and spotless. The bathroom was also excellent, with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries.
No complaints whatsoever, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Budapest is a wonderful city!

Great service, friendly staff and new feeling!

by TripAdvisor Member sakoe

Short: It was a great stay. The location of the hotel is very good, next to the Western Train station (which should be connected to the Airport as of this winter!!!), easy access to all parts of town via tram, metro, bus and foot.

Simply love the new, fresh design, especially having stayed in a few other properties in town (i.e Marriott, Interconti or Hilton in the castle).

Staff are great: friendly, young and nothing was too much. The concierge helped me around the city and the service in their Zita Cafe was fabulous! Try the Greek salad - it's amazing.

I can definitely recoomend this place for your next visit!

weekend in budapest

by ophiru

hello everyone !
i would like to know if a weekend in budapest will be ok to see the main attractions ?
what to see ?
and another thing : is there any good 5* hotels with great location ?

ophir

Re: weekend in budapest

by junwen

Hi,
I suppose a weekend would mean only a Saturday and Sunday? Okay- Budapest is beautiful and you shouldn't miss it...Firstly, the Parliment. You can't miss it, then Fisherman's Bastion, the Chain Bridge, St. Stephen's Basilica, Heroes Square and The City Park, The State Opera House, the Octagon...Liberation Monument and the Castle. Numerous other superb tourist sites, I hope I didn't miss out any- but I'm sure other VTs will add some on later :) the list above was somewhat in order of what I visited- and you should visit the Yellow Metro Line of Budapest's Metro- It's one of the oldest in Europe. The Yellow Line stations have beautiful wood panelling, period tiles and lights-something you can't really see in most Metro stations today, but make sure you have a valid Metro ticket.
5 star hotels in Budapest...I'm not sure if these are 5 star, you should ask local VTs there, but here's a small list of hotels- Hilton Budapest, on the Buda side of the city, close to Fisherman's Bastion, Marriott, Danubius Group has a list of hotels, Andrassy Hotel, Inter-Continental, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus, Corinthia Aquincum, Grand Hotel Royal ...I'm sure I missed some...

by PavlH

I ave stayed in the Kempinski Corvinus a couple of times - very nice hotel and very close to everything you need (including the metro).

by acrijk

All these suggestions are great! I took it easy and enjoyed an afternoon at the Gellert bath. Just drinking near the wave pool and relaxin'!

by ophiru

thanks a lot
now i just need a good 5* hotel but not too expensive.
i loved corinthia towers in Prague so i think i will check the corinthia in Budapest.
did you try a 5* hotel that you can recomend me ?

ophir

by junwen

I forgot to mention that you should also see the Buda side of the city at night from the Pest side. VT Vebea told me this. The view was fabulous! The lights across illuminates the whole place which just glows beautifully!

by speedygonzi

Hello!
I would go for Kempinski - central location, luxury hotel Madonna, Michael Jackson stayed there;-)

they have special weekend packages

Right next to it Le Meridien - also nice with much lower rates if you chose room only (no breakfast).Last year I booked on expedia for 80 EUR/night, the lobby is not as luxurious as Kempinski but rooms were very nice. It has a more historical atmosphere - Kempinski is ultra modern.

Speedygonzi

Re: weekend in budapest

by edvin_br

All 5 star hotels situated on great locations.... for example Intercontinental and Hyaat that are at the side of pest or Hilton that in the side of Buda, all of them are near the Danube river.

Comments