3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hotel Erzsebet City Center
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Budget hotel with a great location

The best thing about this hotel was its location, right at the heart of Pest, which made it possible to walk everywhere. The rooms were a little outdated but clean and comfortable enough. There was a restaurant at the hotel, but there were several more charming and less expensive cafes nearby so we never ate there - some of these cafes also offered free wireless Internet, which the hotel didn't. It wasn't a luxurious hotel by any means, but then again the rate was incredibly low. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good spot to explore the city on foot and be at the center of it all without breaking the bank.

Directions: Central Pest

• go anywhere else

horrible staff. I witnessed them give polite and accurate information to other visitors but to me they literally threw maps at me that were in Hungarian and refused to give me information in Hungarian. How am I supposed to find something when you give me information in English and the maps and the signs are in Hungarian? Even when I gave you the sites in Hungarian you refused to help me and gave me wrong information. I walked for 4 hours in the dark and cold and you thought that was funny. There was a metro and a tram but you refused to tell me that. You told me no metro and no tram and there is a station for each end of the streets. Discrimination? I think so.

Unique Quality: outstanding for the horrible staff.

• jsonander's Profile Photo

great location, good service

This is a good choice for a centrally located hotel, yet try to book online. I saved a lot of money by booking through expedia. For honeymooners or romantic getaway-ers I would advise staying elsewhere...the building isn't the most attractive and my bed was just a wooden slab with a mattress.

Unique Quality: excellent location for tourists

More about Hotel Erzsebet

by traveltoBP

Hi guys. Amazing forum.

I wondering if someone may say something about Hotel Erzsebet (quality of services, how to come from Balathon by car, where to park).

Also, I was in Budapest in early '80 and I recall that I spent nice time in some local restaurants with Gipsy music (it was called csarda or similar?). Is there any these days in proximity of the Hotel Erzsebet?

Thanks in advance.

by yvr

You might try the following web site for reviews of past guests. www.tripadvisor.com

by MedioLatino

Hotel Erzsébet: location is good, chack their HP for parking and this page for directions:

Restaurant: there is Kárpátia in the close neighbourhood of your place. It's not very cheap, but it has fine cuisine and gipsy music as well.

by susiederkins

I didn't actually stay at the Erzsebet, but I was booked there for a weekend in March. They had overbooked the hotel, and made arrangements for us to stay at the Intercontinental right on the river (5-star as opposed to the 4-star Erzsebet). They apologized to us and had us sit down while they called us a cab and then paid for our transportation to the other hotel. So as far as service goes, I think the Erzsebet was pretty good. Also, the lobby looked intimate and pretty nice - I would book there again.

The area is convenient as well. We took the shuttle from the airport, and it stopped in some very dodgy areas before finally getting to our hotel. I was pretty nervous, but the Erzsebet was perfectly lovely once we got there. Also, there was a bar just up the street from that hotel that was pretty cool. It was right beside the Bonnie and Clyde bar, and was a bit smaller. We sat downstairs where the space was sectioned off into little rooms/booths. It was very intimate and had nice beers - I would recommend it.

RE: RE: Hotel Erzsebet

by traveltoBP

HI people.

Many thanks to all. Your help is really appreciated.

Comments