Hotel Fortuna

Classic73's Profile Photo

Cheap and central...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 29, 2008

The main reason for picking the Fortuna Youth Hostel was the price - 2 persons, 5 nights, 140 Euro all in all... It doesn't come cheaper! Although the room/cabin was quite styffy and the toilet/bath facilities were a bit lacking in maintenance, the hotel was excellent value for money. A roomy cabin, friendly english-speaking receptionists and located right next to the Margit Island... and on a boat! :)

Unique Quality: The hotel is in fact a boat moored along the shore of the Danube. The hotel has a restaurant with reasonable food, although we did eat better elsewhere in the city. The boat is anchored close to the Margit bridge, offering easy access to the Margit Island for a bit of relaxation after a long day of walking around the city.

The hostel has a hotel area on the upper floor, but probably at a higher price as well...

Directions: 500 meters north of the Margit Bridge on the Pest side...

henrikp's Profile Photo

Worst Hotel I've ever experienced

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2005

We stayed in the hotel for just one night from 16. - 17. April 2005 (luckily)
The entrance we just found by luck! It was in back of a building! You have to step 2 stories up and then you reach the reception.
All "important" information of the hotel you'll get on their website.
The first room we got, wasn't cleaned and not tiedied up. So we got another new room. There it was even worse! Two big holes in the carpet, a someplaces it was ripped. Then there were some holes and ripped bed-leafes. While my brother was moving a bag of peanuts they suddenly fall out, so the bag was open and it all spoiled over the "tidy" carpet. So we made a third try to get a "normal room" and we finally succeded! The carpet was new but that was all! The beds very low and the boards very untidy and often used! The bathroom was also not the best. Dirty corners, the flush was ugly and no real shower...
The breakfast was ok. Not to good not to bad!
At least it was just 2 minutes walk from a metro-station so you're in about 10 minutes in the centre of Pest!
As this hotel used to be a youth hostel and they are still renovating the house I hope that the happened things will change to better!
But what I experienced this time for EUR 50,- (internet-rate; normal is EUR 75,-) at the moment I can't recommend you this ho(s)tel. Hoping for better times!

Unique Quality: no comment!

Directions: 10 minutes metro ride away from Pest downtown, 2 minutes walk to the metro station

debrannan's Profile Photo

Secure and quite

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 19, 2004

I arrived late at night (around 21:30) via taxi from the train station. I noticed chinese restaurant on the right of the courtyard. I was greeted by an armed guard as I entered the compound. The hotel/hostel was on the inside and upstairs. It was clean and I felt safe. I had booked it online while I was in Vienna, so I had no idea what to expect.

Unique Quality: It was clean and safe. There was a 24 hour bar in the reception room and as with most, breakfast was included.

Nearby Hotel Fortuna

1 Photo of Hotel Fortuna

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Fortuna

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Business Services

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews

Mercure Budapest City Center
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Budapest Apartment 4 (Locust Tree Apartments)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews