Hotel Medosz

VI. Jokai ter 9, Budapest, Hungary

Medosz Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• The best trip

My family and I visited Budapest this spring. People are really nice and friendly and we were really lucky with the weather. The hotel was recommended to us by our friends, who previously visited Budapest. On their advice, we stayed at Medosz Hotel. The hotel was very clean with polite staff and a nice breakfast.
    We stayed in a new apartment with air conditioning. The hotel is right in the city centre, which is very convenient. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and highly recommend it to anyone.

Unique Quality: All were so great. I have no comments. Super!!!!!!!!!

• applered's Profile Photo

cheap accommdation

I stayed there for four nights. The first thing hit my mind was the lack of air-conditioner. It could be quite hot in the summer. There is a bar downstair. My room faced the street and was noisy till early in the morning. However the location is good. It is close to the Oktogon metro station and lots of restaurants nearby. Also a bank and a tourist information office. The breakfast room is beautiful too. It served variety of breakfast.

• Nemoa's Profile Photo

Bring your soap and an eye mask

You guys know I don't like to be nasty but I really did not enjoy this place that much.
    Why? easy:
    -Reception could not be bothered to say hello or goodbay or for that matter, " thank you " or " you are welcome". Maybe they just coult not talk at all and I am being unfair here. Everything is possible.

-We stayed there several nights and we did not get complimentay soap or shampoo or anything at all during the stay. When we commented them to reception that it was strange that a hotel like that would not offer complimentary toilettries they just said " you should have mentioned that earlier". Alrighty, then! So, you only get soap if you ask for it ?? Well, they are called complimentary for something....

-We got a room in the loft, attic or whatever you want to call it and the blinds, which were on the exterior of the windows and not in the interior, funnily enough, kept flapping and getting stuck and you know? they were red and not opaque enough to keep the light out so the whole of the room was bathed in a funny red light which would not be bad if it was not because it sort of dawns very early in this city... Well, we did not managed to get much sleep there.

Unique Quality: There is something good about this hotel too and it has to be:

-The location. Very central, right in the Oktogon and very short walk from the opera and from Andrassy with its beautiful buildings. This is a plus.

-The views from the room were very nice too, or at least so I thought, but then again, I am crazy about building fittings so I could not stop looking out the window. (See my pic)

Directions: Easy. Just get yourself to Oktogon, off Andrassy Ut.
    Metro stop is Oktogon

• scbelle's Profile Photo

Great Value and Location

This hotel was perfectly located near the along the Andrassy Ut between the Opera House and the Oktogon. The square it anchors and the square across Andrassy Ut, Jokai Ter, were filled with lively restaurants. LOVED IT!!!

Rooms here were a bit minimal. The hotel LOOKED like it had been built in the Eastern Block. But it was certainly nice enough. The breakfast was good, and the room itself was a riot: guns and game hanging on the walls. Very breakfasty, n'est-ce pas?

Great for $25 for 3 to a room.

Unique Quality: Great Location!

Comments