Hunguest Platanus Hotel Budapest

#157 of 1,050 hotels in Budapest
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 106 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners Hoteling

Value Score

Average Value

Costs Less but Rated Lower than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo

Handy for the airport

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 21, 2004

You may not have noticed, but Budapest Airport is one of the few international airports that is completely devoid of a handy hotel. You have to travel quite a distance before you can find a place to rest your head. I had managed to find a very cheap flight to Slovenia but which required an overnight stop in Budapest. I finally opted for the Platanus because it was the second closest hotel to the airport, and also on direct tram and underground lines to the city centre. It had the added advantage of being relatively cheap.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers quite a range of services, including hairdresser, massage, conference centre and swimming pool. I used none of these as I arrived late and left early. Room serive is available, but only so long as the restaurant and kitchen were open. They also seemed to close earlier than advertised on quiet nights. The room was comfortable. A TV offered a range of fare, but the sound was lousy! there was a lobby bar downstairs and a reasonably stocked and priced mini-bar in the room. Staff were helpful though, and efficient.

In short a handy place to stay if you need to escape quickly. But no life in the area.

Rack rates are quite high but I got an internet deal for €38. 24 hour reception, bureau de change available.

Directions: Underground Blue Metro Line (M3) at Népliget stop, Tram 4, 6

IngaA's Profile Photo

3* hotel

by written on October 28, 2002

Nice comfortable hotel. Romms with sanitary, shower, frige, TV set - all that should be included when the hotel is 3*.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was without limitation, I mean self-service, U can eat as much as U want.
Personnel is also polite. When I was staying there (2 years ago), I needed to go to Siofok (Balaton lake) and therefore needed a train time-table. I asked at the reception and they found for me an English-speaking guy who checked a time-table and put me down some trains with their departure and arrival time . But I wanted to adjust this travel with our group's shcedule in order not to miss any sightseeing and other events. But the shcedule was permanently changing according to the tourists' wishes. And I asked several times for the trains updates. Poor that guy.... Anybody "in his shoes" would wish to kill me :)))) Maybe he was really willing (I'd understand him, I must say). But he did not show it up :)))))

Nearby Hunguest Platanus Hotel Budapest

• Fitness Center
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews

Mercure Budapest City Center
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews
Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Budapest Apartment 4 (Locust Tree Apartments)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews