Ibis Budapest Vaci Ut

Dozsa Gyorgy ut 65, Budapest, 1134, Hungary

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Fight for your hair dryer

This hotel has a nice location. It is not in a central position but there is a metro station in front of it. And you can walk to Hösök Tere in 10-15 minutes. It is an old hotel, I think. Its rooms made me think like that. Not very comfortable, but ok.
    The open buffet breakfast was very rich. I especially liked the variety of breads and cheeses. Mom liked the fruit salads the best.
    There is one thing about this hotel that disturbed me a lot. I searched before my travel about hair dryers, because I have sinusitis and I need to dry my hair after shower. It was written on their web page that they have hair dryers at their rooms. I needed to have one at my first night. I noticed that there wasn’t any in the room and called the reception. They told me that they haven’t any at the moment. The following day, I went the reception and they gave me one.

How could they say that they have hair dryers in their rooms?

Unique Quality: Nice location, fair price

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

conveniently located

This is a 3-star hotel that's placed conveniently at walking distance from the City Park and Heroes Square, and with a subway station so close that if the exit was built longer, it would come in to their reception hehe. It's like "out of the hotel, in to the station" and Mr. Sweden and I used to joke that if the exit of the subway station was a tad longer, it would go right into the reception area hehe.

The room was more spacious than what I expected in one of their non smoking floors and with a view of the city. In the price of the room breakfast and taxes were included.

The restaurant is nice and their breakfast buffet is "simple but giant" (to quote them): different kinds of bread, ham, salami, eggs, cheese, cereal, some Hungarian food, fruit salad as well as apples, oranges and plums and yogurt. The staff of the hotel and the restaurant is friendly and helpful.

They don't get top score from us because their shower had no pressure and the water temperature flowed.

Unique Quality: Conveniently located, good food, they have a souvenir shop if you don't have time to shop in the city and their prices are somewhat lower than certain shops.

Directions: Corner with Váci út, nearest metro station: Dózsa György út, trolley bus 75 and 79, stop: Dózsa György út.

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Centrally good location, Clean and staff R HELPFUL

Our room was clean and well equipped with essentials. The location was centrally located. Breakfast was included (coffee, butter, coffee and baquettes). The people that works here are very helpful and many tips places to go sight seeing, shopping and our good economical meals. We would suggests this place to friends and relatives.

Directions: centrally located. use the metro Blue line and off at Dzosa Gyorgy

• sunburntaussie's Profile Photo

Great Hotel Great Location

Really great hotel. No complaints. The facilities, service and amenities were all great. I have no reservations in recommending this hotel. Its extremely close to Heroes Square - a major tourist destination - and the Danube river. Another good point is that it is literally a few metres or yards from a Metro station and only takes a minute or two to get into the city or to other tourist spots. Great hotel.

Unique Quality: Good views. Breakfast is really good and the rooms are great. Really great hotel. The receptionists can speak English, Hungarian and German so no worries there from my point of view. They can also help with tourist destinations and tips.

Directions: Right near Heroes Square and the Danube river.

• alanhaggart's Profile Photo

Great Value, Service and Location

This hotel represents excellent value for money. It is in superb condition in all areas, and is spotlessly clean throughout. Our room was a good size with very nice bathroom and great views. Breakfast was plentiful and varied with all kinds of cheeses, meats, salads, breads, pastries, cereals, fruits etc. Evening meals included Hungarian specialities and were enjoyable, pity the dining room has a slightly "motorway services" ambience. The hotel has a metro station right outside, and is also served by trolleybuses, and is a fifteen minute walk from Heroes' Square and the City Park. And with a rack rate of 59 Euros it is good value, but our deal through Totalstay was only £32GBP per double room with breakfast!! A fine base for exploring this wonderful city.

Unique Quality: Transport links

Directions: Vaci Ut, fifteen minutes walk to Heroes' Square

More about Ibis Budapest Vaci Ut

Hidden Little Gem in the City

by hb_capri about Promenade City Hotel

We spent 3 nights at the Promenade city hotel during the winter.What prompted us to choose this hotel was its location in the city centre.The hotel is relatively new and very well maintained.Its located on Vaci Ut which is the main shopping street in Budapest and walking distance to the bridges and the Danube cruise.I've read some guest reviews complaining abt the windows opening into the inner courtyard but our room had no such issues.The breakfast was adequate.nothing too fancy.The only downside is that the bathroom does not have a shower curtain and its a challenge to keep it dry. We got the room really cheap because the hotel was participating in the Budapest Winter Invitation program and got 3 nights for the price of 2!

cafe on vaci utcafe on vaci ut

cafe on vaci utcafe on vaci ut

Vaci ut/Robert K. krt.Vaci ut/Robert K. krt.

HOTEL 3 STARS IN BUDAPEST

by Dave1977

Do you know good hotels 3 stars in Budapest?
Also in neighbour (hotel Wien, Eben, Frankfurt, etc.)
Thanks a lot!

RE: HOTEL 3 STARS IN BUDAPEST

by moi1

I was in Budapest in March and I used the Ibis Vaci Ut hotel. I really recommend it and it's very cheap considering it's a 3 star hotel. The rooms are big - we had a double bed, a sofa and a desk. The staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast very good. With the European standard I consider it more of a 4 star then a 3. The only drawback is that it's not exactly in the centre but it has a metro station just outside the door which takes you directly to the city centre (4 stops). I booked it through Octopus travel (www.octopustravel.com) and the price for 4 nights during Easter was Euro164 per room including buffet breakfast for 2 (which I consider very cheap).

Buon voyage !