Ibis Centrum Hotel Budapest

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

• ritashor's Profile Photo

very good hotel to stay

stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I've arrived to the hotel at about 10:00 am and immediately got the room. The room was clean, the shower is a bit small but it was just me so overall it was fine. I got a deal that included breakfast which was fantastic ans was more that enough to start the day. The reception workers were very very nice, allways with a smile and helped with every question/request.
    The location of the hotel was great, a walking distanse from the market hall and the city center. Just outside the hotel there's allso a metro stop (blue line-3) and many great restaurants.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in a great location, great breakfast, very helpfull staff.

• chrisanthep's Profile Photo

a good place to stay

The hotel is ok, very centrally located and very near the metro station & the tram stop. There's an exchange office exactly next to the hotel's entrance. Our room was clean & cosy ( not really soundproofed though), breakfast is decent too. The -english speaking- staff is quite helpful and polite. They let us check in very early in the morning, which was a big +, and they let us leave our luggage in the hotel -after we had checked out- for half day, which was a second big +. Communication concerning a problem with a forgotten book was good and the problem was finally solved.

Unique Quality: early check in

• mingul's Profile Photo

Perfect location but very basic for its prices

I have stayed for 4 nights in Ibis Centrum in Budapest.

Unique Quality: Unique qualities? Yes it is the ONLY 3 stars rated hotel in which I have stayed in my life that had only liquid soap as a facility in the room. There was absolutely anything else in the toilet except this green liquid soap. I have seen at least 10 better 2 star rated hotels than this one.

Continuing to talk about the room, I must mention that there was NO REFRIDGERATOR available in the room. Although not that important, i usually like to hook the room's TV set to my laptop/dvd player because usually the local TV stations do not interest me at all. I have managed to do that even in 5 star hotels however due to the fabulous OTRUM Technology offered by IBIS Chains, I was not able to do that.

Obviously, no breakfast was included in the price and the WiFi Internet access was charged at 5 Euros/hour.

Otherwise, the location is brilliant and it compensates to its lack of facilities. I also got a deal for free parking from them, otherwise I would have been obliged to pay another 20E/night for parking.

Directions: It is on the Pest side of Budapest. Very close to the Ulloi Metro Station

• viddra's Profile Photo

The Unforgettable Stay

Unique Quality: The hotel's situated on the Pest side, in the very heart of the city.

All the rooms are comfortable, restful, air-conditioned...

The self-service buffet breakfast is from 4a.m. to noon.

Directions: at the Kalvin ter station on the line of the blue Metro

• Stevieboy's Profile Photo

Central, for sure!

There are four IBIS hotels in Budapest; I was lucky enough to stay in “Ibis Centrum”.

Prices range 19.000 – 27.000 ft (HUF) for a single room; 20.000 – 30.000 ft (HUF) for a double. If you are not interested in Formula 1 racing, don’t go when that race is on the calendar as prices apparently double during that period.

Unique Quality: On the one hand, this place is like all Ibis hotels. Clean, but prefab and without much character. Big plusses however are the very central location, the information given in the hotel and the extensive breakfast buffet (which means you can stuff yourself well enough not to have to bother for lunch too much :).

You can choose a smokers or non-smokers room (which I find to be rather great since then you don’t have to stay in a place where the nicotine drips from the walls). Rooms have tv, but only limited choice when it comes to channels. Pay-tv (yes folks, that kind) is available by a simply call to the reception.

Directions: Central in this case really means central – the hotel is next to the subway station “Kalvin Ter”(blue line) (the “a” has an accent which is not shown here, which probably means a lot in Hungarian:).

More about Ibis Centrum Hotel Budapest

Ibis Budapest Váci út

by kattymitts

1) I have been to Budapest a number of times; however, I have never really been able to stay in a "hotel" until my latest trip to commence on Wedneday, 24 November 2004 and end Monday, 29 November 2004. Is the Ibis Budapest Váci út the Ibis near the West End City Centre? If not, what it is closest to? I simply cannot place it in my mind.

2) Also, will the Kristkindlmarkt in Vörörsmarty Square be in action during my time in Budapest? I really do not want to miss showing it off to my first-time travel partner.

3) I have heard that there is a 24-hour szupermarket (possibly a Tesco? Smatch?), but I have never been able to find it. Does anybody have more information on this? I would love to be able to purchase kefir at any hour of night.

4) And, lastly, I have been told that I must visit a 24-hour palacsinta cafe on the Buda side, but I have never been given a name, nor a general idea as to where it is located. Help?

Thank you very much for your help!
-k

Re: Ibis Budapest Váci út

by MedioLatino

1) Yes it is, it's just 2 stations away from Nyugati with the underground.

2) The Christmas Market opens on the 28th of November as far as I know.

3) Tesco and the nearest one to you will be the one on Vaci ut, after the Gyongyosi utca station (even though that it's quite a walk from there...)

4) It should be the "Nagymami palacsintazoja" (Grandma's pancake sop) on Batthianyi ter, which you can reach with the M2 underground.

yours,
Attila
(MedioLatino)

Re: Re: Ibis Budapest Váci út

by kattymitts

Thank you for such a quick and thorough reply. I am excited to be back...
-k

Re: Re: Ibis Budapest Váci út

by MedioLatino

You are more then welcome! :)

Comments