K+K Hotel Opera

See Amenities
khalidmehmood's Profile Photo

Impressive Hotel with Professional Staff

by written on June 5, 2011

My Wife and I wished to get away from the UK for a few days, and the plan was to visit the many thermal baths in BudaPest, Hungary.

While she chose the flights, I am the one tasked with selecting the Hotels. Looking on Expedia and other travel related sites, I was given a selection of hotels to choose from, but the Reviews seemed pretty poor, plus many seemed to be 5-6km out of town, north of Margaret island, and those that were within the centre, all charged extra for Internet access and breakfast.

One review said that they were so disappointed that they checked out and went to the K+K Hotel, so I thought that rather than experience the same, I would do so in the first place.

Well, let's talk about the stay. Although, we booked a room as a Twin, Agnes at the front desk ensured we were upgraded to a Double. A nice touch considering I hadn't even asked... and what a wonderful room it was too. Our bags were carried up by a wonderful, attentive gentleman who seemed to have bags of energy and never tire of being ever so helpful. And then there was Praktikant (I hope I have spelled that correctly), whom I had asked to translate for me over the phone to give someone directions to where I was staying. He was incredibly professional, charming and carried out his duties to perfection.

I must also mention the standard of the rooms, and the breakfast that is laid on. You could want for nothing as far as the accommodation is concerned, an exceptionally well put together room - no expense spared, with GROHE Showers (Oh, how I love them) and Villeroy and Boch hand Basins, again, nothing but the best!
Breakfast was Wow - amazing staff catering to your every need, they're absolutely brilliant. The food is to die for, a great array of healthy options, fruit, nuts, yogurts, scrambled eggs, an array of cheeses and I could go on. Even Miso soup catering for the Japanese contingent.

All-in-all, an exceptional stay and I will ensure that if I find myself in another European City that has a K+K, be it on Business or Pleasure, I'll surely be back.

Lastly, I must say, that our 5 night stay was around 300 euros + Taxes for two people (remember Breakfast and internet as standard), which I feel to be an absolute bargain.

Khalid Mehmood
Director, Oxford Mac Solutions Ltd
www.omsuk.com

Unique Quality: Villeroy and Boch Bathroom furniture
GROHE Showers
Exceptional cleanliness
Breakfast and Internet access in rooms and Wireless access in the Lobby included
I love the fact that the Air-Con in the room doesn't come on, until the Window is closed - how eco friendly can you get!

Directions: Just behind the Opera House, very easy to find with a Metro station within 50 meters

AnnS's Profile Photo

Great for a Single Traveller

by written on October 29, 2006

This hotel was one of the nicest I've stayed in anywhere. I got a very friendly welcome when I checked in and was made to feel like a valued guest throughout my stay by the helpful and knowledgeable staff.

Too often, single rooms are like glorified cupboards but this was certainly not the case at the K & K Opera. My room was on the top floor of the hotel and was spacious and comfortable, with a single bed on one side and a sitting area on the other. Although there was no view from the high attic window, this somehow didn't seem to matter because the room itself was so cheerful. Also, I noticed security cameras outside in the lift lobby so that added to the feeling of safety.

The bathroom was equally nice... all white, with a shower AND bath, spotlessly clean and with all the amenities anyone could need.

Breakfasts were wonderful with a terrific choice of food and impeccable service - about the best I've had anywhere in Europe. And it was served until the civilised time of 11am.

There was a comfortable bar where you could get light meals in the evenings with further comfortable leather chairs and sofas in the lobby area. Also in the lobby were three PC stations where guests could access the Internet free of charge.

All in all, I loved this hotel.

Unique Quality: Friendly and professional staff, lovely comfortable rooms, excellent breakfasts, good location.

Directions: In Pest, just round the corner from Budapest Opera House.

johngayton's Profile Photo

Service-wise Nothing Was A Problem

by written on July 7, 2005

You can look up the amenities etc on the kk website, these are as described. What stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, in every department. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable with all the facilities which you would expect of a good city hotel.

Unique Quality: My favourite experince was on my first full day - I decided to sleep late, put out the "do not disturb" sign and didn't get up till gone midday.

Having made myself a coffee - they actually have such in-room facilities, I phoned down for the iron and ironing board, which arrived in minutes. Pressing out the travel creases from my clothes there was all of a sudden a stream of various housemaids - "Can we make your room up sir?" "Can we restock your minibar?" Everything was done with smiles.

The cleaning is definetly the most thorough I've come across - no corner was untouched - quite often when I stay in what purports to be a quality hotel, I find that when I have a soak in the bath I can see under the sink and wish I couldn't! In this hotel even the stainless steel u-bend under the sink had been polished.

Within a day the night porter knew my room number and had my key ready when I came in, "Evening sir, have you had a pleasant night?"

I had a problem using my British mobile - a phone call to reception sorted that, they knew what codes I had to use. Room service was prompt, the food excellent.

Definetly a perfect hotel for the money.

Directions: Find the Opera House and the hotel is on a side street at the left. The Opera metro station is 2 minutes walk.

eurotraveler5's Profile Photo

Quiet hotel by the Opera House

by written on January 7, 2005

I loved this hotel. The management and staff were great. They recommended a wonderful restaurant nearby and made reservations for us. The rooms were very comfortably furnished and quiet. Our room was next to an elevator (initially I was concerned as I am a light sleeper) and we never heard a thing. The hotel is located on a very quiet side street near the Opera House. The website currently has a 209 Euro rate for a double room, but I emailed the hotel and got a rate of 130 Euros.

Unique Quality: The NON-SMOKING breakfast room and public areas! This hotel had the best breakfast of any we've had in Europe. In addition, they keep everything replenished. They had everything--scrambled and 3-min eggs, bacon, sausage, numerous types of sweet rolls, regular rolls, sliced meats, cereals, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, fruit...it was a feast. The hotel also has a nice cafe (also non-smoking) that offers light meals. This was nice because we didn't get to the hotel until 8pm and didn't feel like finding a restaurant.

freshmaker's Profile Photo

Great location, decent accomodation, steep price

by written on November 9, 2002

Sleek furnishings but uncomfortable bed. Also the heat in my room was not working properly. Great location right near the Opera House, and the staff was friendly enough. Nothing terribly special about the place though, would look for something else, especially for the price.

Directions: Right behind the Opera House

Fen's Profile Photo

Hotel K+K Opera

by written on August 25, 2002

Single room € 149.00
Double room € 180.00
Extra bed € 45.00
Suite € 290.00

Unique Quality: In the city center, next door to the State Opera House and the underground staion as well as within close proximity to the pedestrian zone and many of Budapest's famous sights.

Directions: Address

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews

Mercure Budapest City Center
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Boscolo New York Palace Hotel Budapest
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Budapest Apartment 4 (Locust Tree Apartments)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews