Revay utca 24, Budapest, 1065, Hungary

Expedia.com Orbitz.com K+K Hotels

• khalidmehmood's Profile Photo

Impressive Hotel with Professional Staff

My Wife and I wished to get away from the UK for a few days, and the plan was to visit the many thermal baths in BudaPest, Hungary.

While she chose the flights, I am the one tasked with selecting the Hotels. Looking on Expedia and other travel related sites, I was given a selection of hotels to choose from, but the Reviews seemed pretty poor, plus many seemed to be 5-6km out of town, north of Margaret island, and those that were within the centre, all charged extra for Internet access and breakfast.

One review said that they were so disappointed that they checked out and went to the K+K Hotel, so I thought that rather than experience the same, I would do so in the first place.

Well, let's talk about the stay. Although, we booked a room as a Twin, Agnes at the front desk ensured we were upgraded to a Double. A nice touch considering I hadn't even asked... and what a wonderful room it was too. Our bags were carried up by a wonderful, attentive gentleman who seemed to have bags of energy and never tire of being ever so helpful. And then there was Praktikant (I hope I have spelled that correctly), whom I had asked to translate for me over the phone to give someone directions to where I was staying. He was incredibly professional, charming and carried out his duties to perfection.

I must also mention the standard of the rooms, and the breakfast that is laid on. You could want for nothing as far as the accommodation is concerned, an exceptionally well put together room - no expense spared, with GROHE Showers (Oh, how I love them) and Villeroy and Boch hand Basins, again, nothing but the best!
    Breakfast was Wow - amazing staff catering to your every need, they're absolutely brilliant. The food is to die for, a great array of healthy options, fruit, nuts, yogurts, scrambled eggs, an array of cheeses and I could go on. Even Miso soup catering for the Japanese contingent.

All-in-all, an exceptional stay and I will ensure that if I find myself in another European City that has a K+K, be it on Business or Pleasure, I'll surely be back.

Lastly, I must say, that our 5 night stay was around 300 euros + Taxes for two people (remember Breakfast and internet as standard), which I feel to be an absolute bargain.

Khalid Mehmood
    Director, Oxford Mac Solutions Ltd
    www.omsuk.com

Unique Quality: Villeroy and Boch Bathroom furniture
    GROHE Showers
    Exceptional cleanliness
    Breakfast and Internet access in rooms and Wireless access in the Lobby included
    I love the fact that the Air-Con in the room doesn't come on, until the Window is closed - how eco friendly can you get!

Directions: Just behind the Opera House, very easy to find with a Metro station within 50 meters

• AnnS's Profile Photo

Great for a Single Traveller

This hotel was one of the nicest I've stayed in anywhere. I got a very friendly welcome when I checked in and was made to feel like a valued guest throughout my stay by the helpful and knowledgeable staff.

Too often, single rooms are like glorified cupboards but this was certainly not the case at the K & K Opera. My room was on the top floor of the hotel and was spacious and comfortable, with a single bed on one side and a sitting area on the other. Although there was no view from the high attic window, this somehow didn't seem to matter because the room itself was so cheerful. Also, I noticed security cameras outside in the lift lobby so that added to the feeling of safety.

The bathroom was equally nice... all white, with a shower AND bath, spotlessly clean and with all the amenities anyone could need.

Breakfasts were wonderful with a terrific choice of food and impeccable service - about the best I've had anywhere in Europe. And it was served until the civilised time of 11am.

There was a comfortable bar where you could get light meals in the evenings with further comfortable leather chairs and sofas in the lobby area. Also in the lobby were three PC stations where guests could access the Internet free of charge.

All in all, I loved this hotel.

Unique Quality: Friendly and professional staff, lovely comfortable rooms, excellent breakfasts, good location.

Directions: In Pest, just round the corner from Budapest Opera House.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Service-wise Nothing Was A Problem

You can look up the amenities etc on the kk website, these are as described. What stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, in every department. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable with all the facilities which you would expect of a good city hotel.

Unique Quality: My favourite experince was on my first full day - I decided to sleep late, put out the "do not disturb" sign and didn't get up till gone midday.

Having made myself a coffee - they actually have such in-room facilities, I phoned down for the iron and ironing board, which arrived in minutes. Pressing out the travel creases from my clothes there was all of a sudden a stream of various housemaids - "Can we make your room up sir?" "Can we restock your minibar?" Everything was done with smiles.

The cleaning is definetly the most thorough I've come across - no corner was untouched - quite often when I stay in what purports to be a quality hotel, I find that when I have a soak in the bath I can see under the sink and wish I couldn't! In this hotel even the stainless steel u-bend under the sink had been polished.

Within a day the night porter knew my room number and had my key ready when I came in, "Evening sir, have you had a pleasant night?"

I had a problem using my British mobile - a phone call to reception sorted that, they knew what codes I had to use. Room service was prompt, the food excellent.

Definetly a perfect hotel for the money.

Directions: Find the Opera House and the hotel is on a side street at the left. The Opera metro station is 2 minutes walk.

• eurotraveler5's Profile Photo

Quiet hotel by the Opera House

I loved this hotel. The management and staff were great. They recommended a wonderful restaurant nearby and made reservations for us. The rooms were very comfortably furnished and quiet. Our room was next to an elevator (initially I was concerned as I am a light sleeper) and we never heard a thing. The hotel is located on a very quiet side street near the Opera House. The website currently has a 209 Euro rate for a double room, but I emailed the hotel and got a rate of 130 Euros.

Unique Quality: The NON-SMOKING breakfast room and public areas! This hotel had the best breakfast of any we've had in Europe. In addition, they keep everything replenished. They had everything--scrambled and 3-min eggs, bacon, sausage, numerous types of sweet rolls, regular rolls, sliced meats, cereals, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, fruit...it was a feast. The hotel also has a nice cafe (also non-smoking) that offers light meals. This was nice because we didn't get to the hotel until 8pm and didn't feel like finding a restaurant.

• freshmaker's Profile Photo

Great location, decent accomodation, steep price

Sleek furnishings but uncomfortable bed. Also the heat in my room was not working properly. Great location right near the Opera House, and the staff was friendly enough. Nothing terribly special about the place though, would look for something else, especially for the price.

Directions: Right behind the Opera House

• Fen's Profile Photo

Hotel K+K Opera

Single room € 149.00
    Double room € 180.00
    Extra bed € 45.00
    Suite € 290.00

Unique Quality: In the city center, next door to the State Opera House and the underground staion as well as within close proximity to the pedestrian zone and many of Budapest's famous sights.

Directions: Address
    eMail kk.hotel.opera@kkhotel.hu

More about K+K Hotel Opera

Really good value

by TripAdvisor Member curlybird

We got back from Budapest and our stay at the K&K Opera yesterday. We found the hotel to be of excellent value - it's in a great location, it's clean, the much mentioned breakfast provides great variety (although it is a bit of a bun fight most mornings simply because of the way it's laid out!) and the staff are polite and generally helpful. I read that another reviewer only got a hand held shower in their room - this wasnt the case for us and we had a really great and powerful attached shower in our room, which is greatly missed now we are back to our effort we have in our bathroom at home :-)

I think the K&K is a good, above average hotel and I would definitely use the chain again. I do agree with other reviewer's comments about how hot it is in the hotel though - they need to turn the heating down!! They could also do with dimming the lights a bit in the restaurant, it's definitely got a bit of a 60 Watt kitchen bulb effect going on.

We loved Budapest - yes it's not as cheap as everyone may tell you but it's still good value. It's a beautiful city that is walkable and the restuarants we went to were brilliant - I would highly recommend Goa, the Leroy Cafe and also the Marquis de Salade (although the service was a touch on the slow side so dont go there if you're in a hurry!).

We had a great time in Budapest and found the K&K Opera to be a good base for the weekend. Definitely recommended.

Don't expect to much!

by TripAdvisor Member orchidella

We spent Easter in Budapest and stayed at the K+K Opera hotel. Our room was very small, it measured not more than 10 square meters and had hardly any daylight. We looked through the little window into a narrow, dark inner courtyard. The bathroom was also very cramped, there was only a shower curtain in front of the bathtub. In the past, there must have been an inundation because the carpeting in the entrance area showed a water damage. The air condition couldn't be settled and blew only cold air.

The positives are the extensive breakfast buffet and the three Internet PCs to be used free of charge in the hotel lobby.

one of the best

by TripAdvisor Member malast

We spent 4 nights just before Easter in this lovely hotel. The room was light, bright, clean and airy. the bathroom was large and well equipped, fluffy white towels and lots of soap, shampoo etc. I asked for extra pillows which were provided speedily.We were in the new part of the hotel and it was nice and quiet.
The staff spoke good English and were very helpful .
The breakfast was very good lots of choices and up to our last day fairly quiet but the easter rush started on our last day and it was congested around the buffet....nice to have champagne for breakfast too.!!.
A nice suprise was the tray of tea/coffee making items and kettle etc in the room also more than sky News on the TV in english and also the free internet access in the room or in the internet area in the foyer.
Its a very clean hotel , modern and sweet smelling!!
We found a great restuarant on Andrassy Ut called " Voros es Feher"( its right by a Pizza Express resturant(which is also ok) )
Try the beef medallions with Lyonnaise onions and mashed potaotoes with truffle...about £8 and a real treat!!If you have wine order a bottle as their glass is one tenth of a litre which is a very small measure...we thought it was just the taster!!they have a website -----------.
we had a nice time in Budapest... but be careful not to go on the underground station without a ticket, my husband went down to look at the train info and had no ticket (didnt think he would need one), he got an on the spot fine of 2000 forint , they are very strict about this and seem to inspect tickets at most stations, you have to be sure to validate your tickets too....
The tour bus you can get on Andrassy Ut is good value the english speaking guide is on the 12.30 bus and she was very informative.
If you go to the parliment buiding take your EU passport for free admission but expect a long queue for tickets, its a good tour about 1/2 hour and its a fabulous building.

Accommodations in Budapest

by musselloi

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this K+K hotel opera in budapest? It's supposed to be a 4* hotels and would like to hear comments from VT members about it. Thanks!!

by freshmaker

I stayed there last year for a night. It was not well heated and the beds had really thin matresses. It was ok but I returned two weeks later and did not stay there again. I don't think it is a 4 star hotel. From what I hear the Gellert (sp.) is a much nicer place to stay.

On my return trip I stayed in the Hotel Astoria, but it wasn't all that great either.

Have fun.

Re: Re: Accommodations in Budapest

by Martin_S.

Daisy, Shalom:
Saw your request for information on a hotel in Budapest. I cannot help on the specific one you requested, but if you are interested there is a very good "Pension" on the Pest side of the river. Although it is not centerally located it is easily accessable by public transport which we used for the 5 days we were there. If you would be interested let me know and I will look it up for you.
LaHeetRaOat (see you later in Hebrew)
Martin

by pbarabas

I stayed there about 4 years ago, but the hotel was not bought by K+K network then. It was an oldish, last-century type of hotel. It wasn't the hotel of my life, but it was OK, basic, clean and quite comfortable. It's situated in the centre of the city, close to everything. I'd assume that K+K have refurbished/modernized it - then it should be even better.

by pbarabas

And Freshmaker is right: Gellert is much more an experience, than this Opera Hotel could ever be. It should be the same price, but it's located on the Danube bank, overlooking the city. It used to be THE place to stay for the Austro-Hungarian nobility in the old world. It still has the style and the atmosphere. I think it's called the Danube Gellert Hotel.

Comments