Kapital Inn

30 Aradi utca, Budapest, 1062, Hungary

More about Kapital Inn

Incredibly great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member TominSD

This is a rare place - I have travelled a lot and never found a more welcoming and pleasant place to stay. Albert does his best to treat everyone like a special guest. I do not need to repeat what others have said - but want to confirm that no one has exaggerated how fine this place is. The rooms are beautifully done with top notch beds and large flat-screen TVs; free internet is available; the breakfast is great. When I return to Budapest, this is where I will stay again. OK - here is the negative part - you have to walk up some stairs to get to the B&B. But Albert will help with the luggage! There is no place I can more highly recommend!

Thanks Albert

by TripAdvisor Member Rob-in-Wales

Well what can I say that hasn’t already been said before about staying at the Kapital Inn?

Albert has fashioned a truly wonderful place and his presence and attention to detail only adds to the experience of staying in what has got to rate as Budapest’s best kept secret.

It’s rare these days to be welcomed with a warm smile and friendly manner and Albert’s offer to carry your bags up the stairs to the top floor accommodation; it’s so worth the effort as you are rewarded with beautifully decorated rooms and bathrooms with showers that bring you back to life!

Nothing is too much trouble for the man; his advice on places to eat is vast and knowledgeable, Albert only recommends the best for his guests and is very open to a little chat on whether you enjoyed your meal………or not!

You won’t go wrong staying at the Kapital Inn, believe me for a few days stay in Budapest this place will live in your thoughts long after you return home.

Rob & Sue Gallagher

The Best of the Best! Beyond a standard; a mark of Excellence!!!

by TripAdvisor Member joejohn

First of all... unlike many B&B's, the Kapital Inn website is 100% true and accurate. The booking process was simple and the owners correspondence prior to our trip was professional and courtious. Upon our arrival Albert greeted us with a warm welcome and carried our luggage to our room. He gave us a tour of the B&B, provided us with city maps, made dinner reservations, and offered assistance with navigating the city. The rooms were immaculately clean and surprisingly large. The decor was warm and inviting and made us feel right at home. Each morning Albert prepared a delicious breakfast, usually of our choice, and welcomed requests. The breakfast nook is stocked with snacks, beverages, and fresh fruit for guests to enjoy at any time. We enjoyed visiting with our host and other guests over breakfast as we discussed the best sights to tour or the club scene some enjoyed from the night before. I've traveled many countries and stayed in several B&B's. However, I've never felt so welcomed as I did at Kapital Inn. I'm only sorry that we didn't get to meet Scott. I feel as though a new friendship was made with Albert and some of the other guests. I'm quite sure we'll be visiting again. If you even consider booking your stay at another Inn while in Budapest... you'll be missing out on a great stay and a wonderful host.

Ideal stay for visit to Budapest

by TripAdvisor Member MBGGeorgia

Staying at the Kapital Inn for our visit to Budapest was ideal. The location was perfect- close to public transportation and walking distance from most attractions. The Inn is very tastefully decorated with high quality furnishings and is spotless. The made to order breakfasts (including egg white omelets) were delicious and there was always a generous assortment of fresh fruit and drinks available for snacking throughout the day. Having access to the kitchen and a refrigerator for storing food was a nice bonus as was the free use of their computer, both amenities not typically found in hotels. Most important though, was the warm, gracious hospitality of Albert and Scott. They were available to answer questions and make recommendations but were never intrusive. Albert and Scott are innkeepers par excellence. When you visit Budapest, you’ll enjoy this charming city even more if you stay at the Kapital Inn.

p.s. You do have to climb some stairs to get to the Kapital Inn but my husband and I (in the over 55 age group) found the stairs to be good exercise.

Book a room @ the Inn! Be it your 1st or 10th visit to Budapest...

by TripAdvisor Member phpg194

After much searching and pondering the costs of a one week stay in one of the large, top hotels in Budapest, I found the Kapital Inn on Trip Advisor, NOT ONE BAD WORD was said against it, all reviews raved, and very affordable so I went ahead and booked!

Just arrived back from Budapest, having spent New Year there 29th Dec 07 - 5th Jan 08 - was my treat to my husband (our 1st time in the city!) And what can I say, except Albert and Scott who run the Kapital Inn, do a fantastic job! I can't tell anyone who does read this review in the future, how these to chaps make you feel so welcome into their home. Any questions / any restaurants you want booked, they would advise, no hesitation. I'm VERY picking when it comes to accommodation, but Albert & Scott keep everything in order, clean and tidy.

The Kapital Inn is split (2 levels), the main entrance and Albert & Scott's apartment is on the ground floor and then further 4 bedrooms (with bathrooms) a shared kitchen and a little study (for unlimited internet usage for guests), breakfast is taken by guests each morning in the kitchen (Albert is up whenever you the guest is to cook pancakes, french toast or a fried breakfast if wanted), however, you are also encouraged to help yourself throughout the day / evening to cold drinks, cakes, a cup of tea, etc. (No extra charge). Also on this level is a grand terrace space, that in the summer time Albert & Scott have BBQ's (when we were there however, the snow was faling heavily, coldest day
-10oC so the doors stayed closed!

Kapital is a centrally located, within the Pest side of the River Danube. 20 minutes in a taxi from Budapest Airport. 10 minute walk to the Budapest City Zoo, Heros Square and Szechenyi Baths (highly recommended) or just 4 stops on the M1 Metro Line. 2 minutes walk to the nearest Metro Station (Vorosmarty Utca.) 7 minutes walk to the State Opera House. Around about a 30 minute walk from Fashion Street (both high street shops and small independent boutiques can be found!)

To end my review I would say for our 1st trip to Budapest it was differently one to remember! My husband and I do plan to visit Budapest again, within a summer month, so we can also visit outside of the city. When we do return, we won't be staying anywhere else, but the KAPITAL INN! Go on and book it, you won't regret it! - By the way english is spoken by both Albert & Scott.

Worldwide traveller from Glasgow

A fantastic find, will definitely return

by TripAdvisor Member grant32

My sister, my partner and I stayed at the Kapital Inn over the New Year period. We could not have asked for nicer accommodation. Albert and Scott were perfect hosts, and their rooms and facilities are fantastic. We occupied two of the four rooms (which share a bathroom), so it was ideal for us. There is a great little study area with books and a free laptop to use. There's also a great breakfast area, and you can help yourself to complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day. Breakfast was dreamy, something different every morning, from french toast to omelette. Albert and Scott were always on hand to ask directions, or get recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. We'll definitely return to the Kapital Inn, and would recommend anyone going to Budapest to stay there. Perfectly located in a beautiful building. What more could you ask for!

five stars all the way/ fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member forgotmetoothpaste

This is possibly the nicest place i have ever stayed in. It is impecably clean spacious well appointed and comfortable. Besides your bedroom you also have an outdoor terrase a snacks and drinks area, all included. This is also where albert serves breakfast at whatever time suites you. There is also a computer for guests use, DVDs in english, guide books.
I have never been so well looked after. Albert is a fantastic host! Helps you plan your day, with directions. Is happy to get tickets for opera/theatre,
he also booked us tables in restaurants and taxis. He couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Would happily return tomorrow. Thanks to Albert.

Wish we could have stayed longer!

by TripAdvisor Member LindsayAnn25

At the risk of sounding redundant after so many great reviews, the Kapital Inn is quite possibly the best accommodation in Budapest (or anywhere, for that matter). The location in Pest off of Andrassy Utca is convenient (1 block from the subway) and safe. Even better, Franz Liszt Square is right down the street and packed with cool non-touristy bars and restaurants. Albert met us at the door and even carried our suitcase up the stairs for us to our room. We knew we were off to a great start when he offered us a drink and/or breakfast upon our arrival. The kitchen is stocked with every kind of cereal, tea, coffee, water, soft drink, juice, and yogurt imaginable and Albert picks up fresh pastries every morning. You can help yourself (for free!) to the refrigerator/kitchen all day long and we loved being able to grab a drink after walking around Budapest all day.

We stayed in a deluxe room. The room was modern and beautifully designed. We saw the other rooms as well and can attest that all four rooms are spacious and spotless. The bed was extremely comfortable and my husband loved the huge flat-screen TV with plenty of English channels. Our bathroom featured a huge walk-in shower with a rainfall showerhead. There is free wi-fi in the rooms if you bring your laptop, or you can use the free computer provided in the “office” down the hall. The office also has an extensive DVD collection for your use and all of the DVDs play in English as well as Hungarian. As it was such a cold weekend in Budapest, my husband and I loved having the option of curling up in bed and watching a DVD. Albert even made popcorn for us! This is honestly the first time we have ever loved our accommodation so much that we looked forward to spending time in our room!

As much as we enjoyed the location and the room, the five-star hospitality and service is what makes the Kapital Inn truly unique. Albert was the perfect host – always available if we needed something but never overbearing. He made us the best breakfasts (omelets, chocolate French toast) and was completely flexible with our schedule (there is no scheduled breakfast time like most B&Bs). He even supplied the Aleve when my husband had a headache due to one glass of wine too many the night before. Albert made great restaurant recommendations and even made reservations for us (if you go to Budapest, you must try Menza!). Since Albert has lived and studied in the United States, his English is perfect and there is no language barrier to worry about. He is young and energetic and we genuinely enjoyed our conversations with him (and how often can you say that about a hotel/B&B owner?). Our only regret is that we did not have an opportunity to meet Scott!

There is really no way to do the Kapital Inn the justice it deserves on a website…you have to experience it first-hand. From the service to the location to all the “extras,” this is hands-down the best hotel/B&B in which we have ever stayed, in Europe or the US.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member JennaCat

This place is just the best of everything, you get the personal attention and homely feel you get with B&Bs, the privacy and facilities of bigger hotels, you really couldn't ask for more. Take a Zona taxi from the airport, it's so easy, you tell them in the booth on the pavement where you're going and they give you a ticket with your taxi number on, so there's no confusion at all and the price is fixed - 4100 HUFs/19E. The apartment is spotless, tastefully decorated, smells nice and was always warm. Albert is a star, made us feel so welcome, it was just like staying with a friend. We really enjoyed filling him in on our restaurant experiences each morning. He got us tickets for the ballet, made reservations and booked a taxi, explained the procedure at the baths so we knew what to expect and made lovely breakfasts whenever we got up. I've never seen so many cereal boxes or teas, and loved having a proper kettle and real milk, not to mention freshly brewed coffee on demand.

The room was lovely, I loved the touch lamp, and we loved watching dvds in bed. The shower was beautifully tiled, we had the deluxe room with the brown tiles which shimmered as if they had gold dust in them. The shower is big, big enough for two. There's no bath, and no wardrobe in the room, but hangers are supplied and there are enough hooks so it wasn't a problem. We felt so safe and comfortable that we hardly bothered locking our room door.

We only used public transport once, to go to City Park, and Szechenyi baths, and walked everywhere else. In the Summer months especially I'd recommend walking most places as you see more that way, and it's not too far to walk to the river. I'd recommend Abszint and Goa both on Andrassy, and Cafe Kor by the Basilica, we didn't have such a good experience at Menza, I'd also recommend heading towards the synagogue and finding Gerloczy Kavehaz for a delicious lunch. If you like jacuzzis and saunas, go to Szechenyi baths early in your trip in case you want to go again, we didn't go 'til the last day and wish we had gone twice! The Terror Museum is worth going to but go when you have plenty of energy, as there's lots of standing listening to the commentary on the headsets. Castle Hill is where we took most of our photos and definitely worth walking up the sloping path to the left of the funicular for the views and interesting courtyards.

I don't believe you could find a better place to stay in Budapest, we won't be considering anywhere else but Kapital Inn next time we book our trip to Budapest, one of the most picturesque places I've ever been to.

Kapital Inn made our trip fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member AntandGian

As everyone has stated, Kapital Inn is everything that is advertised and mentioned on here. We stayed in Kapital for four nights in December and Albert made sure that we were completely looked after - from taxis, to breakfasts, to recommendtations, to birthday dinner reservations, to friendly and funny chats to in the AM and PM...We actually enjoyed being in his presence so much, we wined and dined with him! The facilities were immaculate as well as uber trendy and comfortable. I cannot imagine anyone staying at some sort of god-awful, American-style chain hotel (which would cost more), when one could stay here. The location is prime for anyone interested in opera, shopping, or debacherous nights in Budapest. Albert has done a superb job of creating a classy experience with no pretense or attitude - just complete fabulousness!

The River DanubeThe River Danube

Calvinist church from Chain BridgeCalvinist church from Chain Bridge

Fat Mo's Speakeasy, BudapestFat Mo's Speakeasy, Budapest

Four little girlsFour little girls

Transportation between Budapest- Bratislava (car and train).

by tucha

By train:
how much is the ticket (departing anda resturning the same day)?? Is valid for some other days like in ticket Budapest- Vienna?
How many hours of transport?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
By car:
how many time (in hours)??
How many kms from Hungarian border in national roads (I don't want to buy the vignette only for one day)
Anyway how much is the vignette in Euros(minimum)??
Is easy to park in the city??

Thanks in advance

by laskling

Hello,

I suggest that you try the following link to the Hungarian railway company:
www.mav.hu/english/index
I got a price for returnticket of 16 Euros, but it should be paied in
HUF (forint). If you need a site for converting money this one is reel good:
www.xe.com/ucc/

Best whishes, Lars.

by GyuriFT

1) 16 Euro round-trip is correct. The ticket is valid for 60 days on every train going on Szob-Sturovo line.
2) For the less common Rajka border crossing the price is 19 Euro, but only two trains daily are crossing it, most trains go via Sturovo.

One-way is more than the round-trip.

by danbp

Train fares are 16-19 EUR, but these tickets are valid only on the days you select and do not include local transportation (unlike the Vienna excursion ticket). Journey time is 2h45m via Szob/Sturovo and 3h40m via Rajka. The route via Szob/Sturovo is very scenic, it leads through the Danube Bend. The route via Rajka is also nice near Tatabanya, but not as much as the Danube Bend line.

By car the driving time is approximately 2hrs on toll motorway M1 and freeways M15, D2 and highway 2. If you wish to avoid the toll motorway, you may take highway 1 (and then onto highway 15, D2, 2), but that's going to be much slower: 3h-3h30m. The 4-day vignette costs 1170 HUF, it's 4.3 EUR at 275 Ft/EUR rate. Parking in both cities is problematic and it's mostly pay-parking. There are, however, loads of garages (mostly underground) in central areas, but they usually cost much more than parking on the street (at least in Budapest).

by tucha

Thanks for all the answers.

DanBp, If I go, I want only to avoid the slovakian vignette, because the Hungarian I have to buy necessarily.
So What I asked is the travel time between Hungarian border, in national roads of Slovakia, and the Capital , Bratislava , becuase i don't want to buy the slovakian vignette just for a few kilometres in the slovakian motorway.

Therefore I Asked too how much is the price of Slovakian vignette, for the Hungarian one I already know...:-)

But thanks anyway for your answer.

by danbp

That's what happens when one doesn't read a question carefully. So that part (from the border to Lafranconi Bridge in Bratislava) is about 20 kms and I'm not really sure if it's a toll motorway at all. Whatever, the sticker for 7 days (minimum) costs 1200 HUF, that equals 4,3 EUR. If you'd like to avoid using the motorway as you don't whether it's a toll motorway or not, you'll have to leave highway M15 after Rajka and continue along highway 15 (or 150, I don't know it's current number - it runs parallel to M15, but crosses a few villages) and then, after the border, straight along highway 2 (as opposed to motorway D2).

Comments