Erzsebet Ter 9-10, Budapest, 1051, Hungary

Booking.com Orbitz.com Splendia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 50% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

A Great City Center Hotel...

Le Meridien is a luxurious hotel in downtown Budapest. This 5-star hotel is located next to Deak Ferenc Ter (Square), which is one of Budapest's public transportation hubs. The location of this hotel makes it easy for you to travel to all the other parts of the city. Vorosmarty Square, the Gerbeaud, Vaci utca, the Danube, and St. Stephen's Basilica are not far away. The service was excellent and the rooms were very clean. One of the top floors of the hotel contains a pool and fitness area. Our room was very nice and spacious. There was also a balcony with a very nice view. The hotel restaurant was very elegant. I would recommend this hotel because of the great location.

Unique Quality: Very nice pool, restaurant, location, and many rooms have either a great view (from the window) or a balcony.

Directions: next to Deak Ferenc Ter (Square)

• Radka_KN's Profile Photo

A most cozy and comfortable hotel.

Le Meridien hotel in Budapest is a five star hotel and I must say that it really is very nice. I have been there couple of times and always had a wonderful experience. the hotel staff is very helpful and generally, the hospitality of Hungarians is pretty high.
    I also liked the food very much, especially the breakfast. the selections is great and everything is always fresh, even during my visit in January, I had all kinds of fruit I could imagine..
    The hotel was refurbished six years ago - as you might know, it was a police station previously. Being renovated not such a long time ago, it breaths a very fresh and calming atmosphere although the style is not modern. The bedrooms are quite spacious, and especially the bathrooms! And the heated floor is a great thing - heated floors should be obligatory in five star hotels!!!
    i definitely recommend this hotel to people who like to enjoy the life. the rates are more than affordable - coming for weekend, you may get a special offer and stay there for EUR 99,-/night, which is unbelievably cheap.

Unique Quality: The foyer is fabulous.

Directions: It is less than five minutes walking distance from the main shopping street and about seven minutes from the Danube.

• MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into splendid hotel

The building of Le Meridien in Budapest was used as a headquarter for the Budapest Police through decades.

It has been fully rebuilt and refurbished some years ago and became from an ugly old building (even though it was listed as a historical building for ages...) a very decent looking hotel building.

It offers all the usual services expected from a 5 star hotel from nightly shoe shine to the umbrellas at the concierge desk. It also has meeting facilities and an excellent restaurant called "Le Bourbon". The health club with swimming pool, jakuzzi and steam cabin is almost obvious :)

Various room sizes from 24-30 sqm superior rooms to 100 sqm diplomatic suites.They have of course handicapped access as well.

Unique Quality: Very good location, excellent restaurant, good services - bt this is sort of normal at this level.

Directions: Erzsebet ter is on the side of Deak ter, where the 3 undergorund lines meet. You just can't miss it! :)

• thinking's Profile Photo

Calm, elegant facilities & rooms with great lunche

This is really my favorite hotel in Budapest.
    I don't like the breakfast here as it is too much, except for Sunday brunch. I prefer their business lunches or dinners as the chef I have meet and he is from France. The food is really good here. The staff can be very helpful if you have a personal relationship with them.......that means you tip them.

Unique Quality: This is a great location. It was even better when their was public transport from the airport that left you a few meters away from the hotel. The beds are comfortable and I like the coconut candy they give you at night.

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

True 5 Star Luxury in a perfect spot

True luxury. I was supposed to go to Vienna for a few days but cancelled that trip altogether when I found out that I could stay here for $99 US a night. Our company has a discount with the hotel and the regular rate is 260 Euro per night.

Unique Quality: Some folks show you a picture of the building. I am going to show you something really important, the bathroom.

This bathroom rocks! It has a heated tile floor, jacuzzi tub, separate shower, big fluffy towels, the works. I loved it especially after spending months at a time in Bosnia sharing a mini bath with other people.

• freshmaker's Profile Photo

Affordable five star in centre of action

Typical five star hotel, opulent, a bit sterile, full of middle age businessmen. Beautiful rooms and wonderful facilities for about 80 dollars a night for a double through expedia. I still feel like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places in these five star hotels, but this was a great place and not terribly more expensive than my previous, less glamorous accomodations.

Unique Quality: rooftop swimming pool

More about Le Meridien Budapest

some bad points

Stayed 2 nights here and our overall impression was that the hotel was very comfortable and run to a good standard.

The one factor that stops le Meridien Budapest from being a very enjoyable experience is the costs and the general feeling that everything is done with the assumption that a 10% tip will be paid !

For example, one particular evening we returned to the bar for a couple of drinks! upon examination of the bill i realised they were charging approx £11 for a gin+tonic (i live in london, and have been to many hotel bars and i was still surprised at this cost !)....after paying the bill, i was asked by the waiter if he could add 10% service charge to my room ! this natural assumption that tips should be automatic and the upfront nature by which it was asked for was very dissapointing !

On a plus point the sunday brunch was very good and afternoon tea with one of the many desserts on offer was great !

Perfect place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ratbag

I have just come back from spending 3 nights at Le Meridien Budapest. They gave us a junior suite which was lovely. The checkin and checkout were faultless, smooth and professional, as in fact were all the staff that we met whilst there. The hotel is extremely well sited in terms of getting around to all the things you need to see whilst in Budapest. Room service was prompt, accurate (my personal marker for quality - very few places get the order right) and friendly. The room was kept clean and tidy during our stay and we were never disturbed unnecessarily.
Only very minor whinge is that after we came back from the Opera, we fancied a club sandwich but were told that the kitchens had closed down for the night. We were offered cold plates of meat/salami/cheese etc but declined. We said we would go to our room and order from the room service menu, and they then offered to get us what we wanted from that menu, but have it downstairs in the rather nice little bar ('cos we wanted a drink as well). Motto - eat before the opera, or book a table at one of the eateries near the Opera House for afterwards.

perfect New Year

we booked the meridian hotel because of the great reviews that we had read about it and we weren't dissapointed. the quality and service in this hotel was amazing - the staff couldnt do enough for us & the rooms were luxurious. The location was great for exploring the city by foot or metro and there was street partys all around us on new years eve. I would definately recommend this place.

I expected better

by TripAdvisor Member bhavs33

After reading excellent reviews I couldn't wait to stay at this hotel. I was pleased with the hotel itself it is quite grand and classy. However the reception personnel were quite dissapointing.

I had emailed Le Meridien 2 months in advance and few times more before my stay, to arrange the perfect room for us as I was to propose to my partner on this holiday. I was assured the perfect room, satisfying my request. When I got there the room was nice, but was smoking and not on a lower floor as i requested, I enquired at the reception desk, and their tone was very formal and un-helpful. I had to stay in my room for one night before being moved to another, they made me feel like I was an inconvenience to them. Anyway I was told I'd be upgraded to a Deluxe room, to which I was delighted, however once I got in the room I found I had been tricked and they'd infact given me a dud corner deluxe room which was worse than the superior room I had before.

House-keeping was quite slack, I found the same problems as another reviewer. My room was never complete, either towels were missing or a dressing gown, or tea cups etc. Also house-keeping would knock once and enter straight away without waiting for a reply. We also got the 10am knock on our last day instead of 2pm as was agreed.

The best thing about this hotel was the Concierge lady, she was excellent, very helpful. Once I told her I was to be asking my GF to marry me, she lept on it, like it was a project of hers, and she did us very proud. Very thankful for her help in making our evening extra special.

The four stars I give are for the decor and general feel of the hotel and the concierge lady.

The minus 1 is for the high prices of room service and drinks at bar. And for the receptionist personnel and the housekeeping, sorry but get some tips in customer service from your concierge lady!

Shame about the underground trains.

by TripAdvisor Member koksy

We wouldnt normally stay in a hotel of this quality, but we managed to find it at a brilliant price online- approx half what other guests had paid!

The hotel rooms are very lavishly furnished and the bathrooms verge on ornate! There was a nice view across the square which was reasonably quiet given its central location.

The one thing that spoilt this hotel was the rumble of underground trains which pass directly beneath the hotel every 10 minutes or more. We were on the second floor and it kept us awake. I don't know whether it would be better on higher floors.

We ate in teh restaurant one night. The service was great and the food was tasty but expensive. All the hotel staff were very friendly.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 only because of the underground train noise.

le meridien hotel

by hunter.nigel

Oh, i forgot to ask - anyone any idea what the meridien hotel is like? I will need to eat there as i am staying with my two year old son, so will be unable to go far from the hotel in the evening - Unless someone can suggest a suitable place to eat '

Re: le meridien hotel

by MedioLatino

The Meridien is a very nice hotel indeed, had just been built (actually rebuilt on base of an old building) and it's very exclusive.

Since it's in the very heart of the city, there are plenty of other possibilities around. You can look around at the St. Stephans Basilica (you will see it's top from the main entrance of Meridien...just above the TDK sign :) or go with the "little underground" (M1) to Opera or Oktogon and check on Liszt Ferenc square or just on Andrassy Avenue. It's just 5-10 min away from your place.

Re: le meridien hotel

by Matthuffy

I have no idea about the Meridian in Budapest, however, i used to be a manager in the Meridian Etoile in Paris and i can tell you that all meridians are the same, very nice and very expensive:) have fun there!!

by Krisztian4

The Le Meridien Budapest is one of the leading 5 star hotel in Budapest, with ethe best occupancy rate in the upscale segment in 2004. Its restaurant Le Bourbon is also a high standard French style restaurant.

If you would like to dine out in the area, my recommendation is:

- Cyrano-> international, trandy, desingn restaurant.
-Café Kör-> excellent food, casual place
- Spoon Café -> trendy and funky restaurant on a boat in front of the Marriott Hotel with excellent view to the Buda castle
-Rézkakas restaurant-> excellent Hungarian restaurant with nice gipsy music.
- Mátyás Pince-> casual Hungarian restaurant with excellent gipsy music

Enjoy your stay in Budapest

by hunter.nigel

thanks for the help - very useful

by hunter.nigel

cheers man - thanks a lot

Comments