Budapest Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9332

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CLASSY APARTMENT: EXCELLENT APARTMENT!

I was looking for reasonably priced accommodation in Budapest and was finding it hard! Then I thought of airbnb and went to their website and found "Classy Apartment in the centre."

This site is good as you can see what the apartment is like, what the owner looks like, whether it's available and the fees.
I liked the look and booked. With-in 24 hours, I had confirmation.

We did have trouble finding the apartment, as there are two streets with the same name. We did find it though! This street comes out on to Andrassy Way.
We had made a time for when we would be arriving, so Gergely would be there.
Gergely met us and let us into the secure underground parking area. He was a very nice, friendly person, who showed us the lift, and up we went to the apartment on the 1st floor.

What I had booked for the two of us, was a one bedroom apartment. It had a king size bed, plenty of wardrobe space, the bathroom was great, and I had a washing machine, free washing powder included, ironing board & iron. The kitchen was fully equipped, had everything we needed. The lounge area was huge. Windows could be opened, and then we looked out into the street which wasn't very nice - quite safe, but very old buildings. The apartment was air conditioned/ heated, depending on what time of the year you stay here.
Free Wi-Fi was included in the price. Gergely had plenty of brochures for us and a map and answered any questions we had. When he saw we were settled in, he left.
We did pay 5 euros per day for secure underground parking.
We found we could walk to Heroes square, or catch the bus or metro quite easily.

We were very happy with our stay here. It was quiet and secure. We had a security card to get inside the block of apartments.
May 2013 - A very good price!

For check out and check in between 10 pm and 6 am an additional fee of 5 euro.
NO CLEANING FEE or SECURITY DEPOSIT

Kitchen

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Wombat's hostel.: Very nice hostel in great location.

Wombat’s hostel is one of accommodation in my list that I was interested .Actually I plan to try something new to stay which is apartment type that look so interesting with acceptable price.I’m not looking for 4 to 5 star hotel because it’s far too expensive for me.And this kind of apartment that fully equipped with dining room,living room, bed room and kitchen all are interesting and beautifully decorated ,make me feel like they are 5 star hotel .There are many of them spread out around town and the price is not that expensive,some even look better than a 4 star hotel ..I think. But after walking around and see some apartments that I plan to stay, all apartment are really beautiful but a little more expensive than our budget …finally I saw a very nice hostel on same street ,the price is 30 euro per night.I asked to see the room ,the guy is so friendly and I got this room 324 with 1 queen bed.The room has high ceiling that is very nice and spotless clean with private bath,shower gel,hot shower,heating in bathroom,air-con, one small table with 2 stools,2 small bed side tables.2 towels provided.It’ll be the best if they provide a little towel on the floor in bathroom instead of a plastic one.It’s a bit slippery when walking on the floor with wet feet.I slipped once ,almost fall but my mate felt and head bang right at the edge of the small table in front of bathroom …luckily the table is light so it also slip away too..nothing so serious but….what a scene! : )
By the way ,there’s no television in the room ,which I don’t need it at all.It’s very good idea to just omit it from the beginning ,save their cost and here we come for sightseeing and the room is just for sleeping,not watching TV .One down side of this hostel is the very thin wall .I can hear all the conversation from people walking along the corridor and the next neighbour ,sounded like they are talking in my room.As being warned before about the noisy youngster who like to hang around late at night but so far no problem .There are many rooms in this hostel with 3 floors ,just tell them you need quiet room.They’ll ask which window side you want to face,I chose the one face outside not the one facing roof of the common area ,but It has glass roof so I don’t think it’ll be any problem for any side.
There's housekeeping clean the room everyday...almost like a hotel service...
Most accommodation in Budapest that I‘ve checked ,no breakfast included and if need breakfast it’s about 7-10euro,but this hostel you pay only 1,000 HUF or about 3 euro.It’s buffet with ham,salami,corn flake,3kinds of bread,2kinds of juice,jam,butter,cheese,fruit salad,home made yogurt,fresh fruit(apple,banana,orange)tea and coffee…all you can eat.Even it’s the same menu everyday but that’s fine for me.There’s wending machine in common area to buy some soft drink too.
The location is the best thing about this hostel..It’s right in the center.Kiraly is the only area that I plan to stay.When walk from Deak Fenrec Ter station ,there’s a mini mart at the corner ,walk along Kiraly about 250 meter when you see a small coffe shop “mozaik” you ‘re about to arrive.Hostel building is in pink colour, in front of the gate are 2 pink flags say it’s name “wombat’s”
Overall ,I ‘ll say I like this hostel and can say .. it’s one of the best hostel ever experienced.You can pay in HUF and credit card, but they don't accept euro.
When checking out ,they charged me only 28 euro per night....even better !!

• Written November 28, 2013

Beautiful common area.

• shrimp56 profile photo shrimp56
  • Reviews: 2377

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace: Modern service in a renovated "palace."

Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace is a modern re-purposing of an old Budapest building. The rooms, decor and service are all excellent at this new hotel right behind the ugly Budapest Marriott. There are six rooms on the atrium per floor and these are the rooms you want as they are quiet and let in more daylight. The glass-covered atrium serves as the lobby. A full breakfast was included in the room rate. It is served in the restaurant attached to the hotel. WiFi was good and free throughout the hotel. My room was enormous with tall ceilings and double-glazed windows. Zenit is a Spanish hotel chain. My only criticisms have to do with the quality of some of the furniture and fittings. The floors were obviously a printed veneer as each plank was identical. And much of the furniture was metal, which seemed odd. The bed was, however, very comfortable.

The modern design inside a classic building. The excellent service. The full breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written October 19, 2013

Lobby

• Odiseya profile photo Odiseya
  • Reviews: 653

Mathias Hostel: Dormitory and hostel

I stay here for two nights in summer 2013 with my sister.

Why stay here:
1. Location: on Gellert Hill
2. Good services - friendly and very helpful, you get a envelope with many touristic brochure
3. You can use the Internet free of charge on new computers
4. Clean rooms with own bathroom with toilet.
5. Numerous electrical sockets.
6. Bike rental
7. Excursion available: Santandre
8. Private parking is possible on site and you don't need a reservation and costs EUR 4 per day
9. Big cabinet in room
10. Currency exchange
11. Safety deposit box, laundry services and luggage

Why not stay here:
1. Location: away from city center and no direct access with public transportation.
2. No any market or store near by, except in hostel.
3. WiFi can be accessed only main hall.
4. Room in basement where I was not need a air condition but it has a huge glass wall with curtain and direct access to garden and hall is long and night was a little scary till I find out that light are on moving detection and appearing by walking trough it.

Everything you need for relaxation: garden, terrace, BBQ facilities, bistro and snack bar. They also provide Billiards, Table tennis, Karaoke, Cycling, Bicycle rental and organization of some excursion. They serve breakfast and coffee. Here you can buy alcohol, chips, chocolate, etc.
Promotion of discount for booking trough their website.

• Related to: School Holidays, Study Abroad, Singles
  • Written October 9, 2013

Mathias Hostel

• Terence101 profile photo Terence101
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Prima fashion hotel: Pure luxury!

What can I say?If you like luxury.This could be for you!
The hotel is just of Vaci. It's got a small entrance to the hotel.I nearly missed it when I got out the taxi.The room I had was of a good size and a high standard of decoration and cleanliness.The mattress on the bed was quite firm(not cheap).I've stayed at other 4 star in Budapest with cheap mattresses. I've ended up half crippled after a couple of days.The television in the room is in a large mirror.Also,the bathroom has a walk in shower of a good size and very clean

The breakfast room is situated in a room under hotel.The range of food was of a good standard.Scrambled egg,sausages,fresh fruit and fruit salads.Also,a range of different breads.They do have a range of juices and tea/coffees.
The bar in the hotel is in a strange place.It's at the end of the reception.So,if you have a drink,Your either going to stand at the reception or sit in the reception area.That wasn't a problem because there are a lot place to eat/drink in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Very central to most of the sights

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written August 10, 2013

The bed and room at the La Prima

• Designerartgirl profile photo Designerartgirl
  • Reviews: 240

Wombats Hostel: Super Clean & Central Hostel

Now as a single traveller a hostel can sometimes be a noisy, hot and slightly daunting experience, but this was not the case with this place. From the minute i walked through the door, all the staff were very helpful. i stayed in the 8 bed dorm room, which was the cheapest option available to me, and the rooms are laid out very nicely. The room i had was in the shape of an L, so felt like two rooms of 4 beds with an onsuite bathroom. Each person was assigned a locker, which operated only with the key you were issued. The locker was big enough for me to store my suitcase in and also had some hangers for those who wanted crease free clothing. This at no extra charge. Bedding was very clean and also at no extra cost.

The bathroom was fairly new looking and very clean mostly, however the shower holder was broken so you had to hold the shower head when showering. This was a only a minor nuisance though.

Each bed, had its own little lamp and power outlet so you could charge your phone or camera over night without worrying that your possessions were so far away.

The hostel itself is only around 5-10 minutes walk from Saint Stephens Church and 5 minutes walk from the shopping district. A metro station which links all three metro lines is also only within a few minutes walk. Really useful when going to and from the airport.

Downstairs in the lobby was also a bar. Lobby has lots of open spaces and on arrival you get a drinks voucher to use in the bar. Most people tend to be very friendly to have a chat to. Wifi is also available FOC here. The Wifi code can be obtained from Reception.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Backpacking
  • Written March 29, 2013

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Prater Residence: Home away from home

Prater Residence is a stone away from a mall, walking distance to the metro, in a quiet area, has a security guard in the evening, reception is managed 24 hours, apartments are huge and are kept clean everyday, and even if kitchens are equipped, they can prepare breakfast for you. And the Museum of Applied Arts is walking distance, which is a big plus for me. Wifi is available 24 hours a day for free.

The apartment where I stayed has a kitchen/dining room, living room, a balcony, a bedroom, a foyer leading to the bathroom. I found it spacious for one person.

What I liked most about Prater Residence is that I was treated as a person and not just as a number which is becoming a trend in many hotels. I like personalized service at an affordable cost. When Eva, the manager, learned that I'm lactose-intolerant, she saw to it that I got the right milk. The apartment was kept clean everyday and my bedsheet has been changed during my 4-night stay.

With the metro, I found it very easy to go to the baths, to the city centre, to the train station.

• Written December 15, 2012
Tip Photo

the kitchen. to the right is the refrigerator.

• monicarc profile photo monicarc
  • Reviews: 158

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

flat with danube view: Rent a beautiful flat!!

we rented a gorgeous one bedroom apt that slept four, with full kitchen, a lift and a clothes washer, for 70 euros a night!plus there was the awesome location and view of the danube. the owner was nice, easy to communicate with. we paid the whole thing over paypal.

great view, location

• Written May 4, 2012

• lotharscheer profile photo lotharscheer
  • Reviews: 745

Budapest Budget Hostel: Cheap place to stay

I did like Budapest Budget Hostel, fairly good location, friendly and cheap, bed from € 7, even less in winter.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Castles and Palaces, Budget Travel, Photography
  • Written May 3, 2012

Museum of Applied Arts

• oritperi profile photo oritperi
  • Reviews: 44

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

courtyard by marriott city center: excellent hotel great location

Great new hotel centraly located ,transportation is also fantastic. Tram 4 and 6 in front the hotel and Metro M2 as well( blaha luzja ter) - 2 min walk .Also a new shopping mall next door and Mc Cafe across the street open till 3 AM!!

Breakfast is excellent

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written October 19, 2011
Tip Photo

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1519

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Leonardo Hotel, Budapest: Highly Recommended!

We spent 2 nights at this hotel while in Budapest, with a group of 42 other friends and returned some days later for another night. We were told by the tour agency that it was a Ramada hotel, but when we arrived I found out that it has joined the Leonardo group of Hotels a couple of weeks ago, so I guess my comments might be the first as a Leonardo Hotel from now on.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink. (A small glass of orange juice.)

We had our room upgraded the first two nights and we were given a nice suite on the 6th floor. (# 602) It was very comfortable and cozy. One con here though was our bed which was extremely soft. So soft, that I had to check if it was a water bed. The slightest move of the hand can wake up the person sleeping next to you.
I have to admit that some people in our group had however extremely small rooms the first two nights, and I thought they were exaggerating. They were talking about rooms like dungeons and I asked to see one. They were right, the rooms were extremely small, but they were given better rooms the last night when we returned from Prague. It seems that the really cheaper rooms are the smallest. Four nights later when we returned here, we were given room # 443. This new room did not have of course the dimensions of the suite we previously had, neither was it the smallest room. It was a normal size room, nice and comfortable for that one night. Actually the whole group had the same size of room this time. I believe the size depends on what you pay.
The towels in the bathroom were bright white, as well as the cover bedspread. Air conditioning and the mini bar in our room were working fine. No bad comments here. I asked my friends for any bad comments and nobody had to say anything negative.

Breakfast was more than adequate with omelets, sausages with nice mustard, yoghurt, fruit salad, variety of cakes, cheese and ham and oatmeal porridge. There was an incident during dinner the second night, but after I talked with Mr. Mustafa Osman the Restaurant Manager who was very polite, he did his very best to please us all. So, here I suggest that if you are not satisfied with anything, the thing you should do is to kindly talk about the problem with the person in charge and not just ignore it. In this way the hotel people will be informed and if you really talk and convince them, believe me, they will do whatever they can to make things up for you. Only ask politely. If we guests don’t comment on the cons we find with the right people, then the hotel cannot be improved, and I believe this is what the hotel people are after here.

We were on H/B basis, so we had our dinners here. One negative here and comment from all 42 people of our group was the high cost of wine and beer. The small glass of beer costs 4 euro, and a bottle of wine is approximately 15 euro. This was the impression of all 42 people in the group.

There is internet access for free on the ground floor but I could not connect my laptop while there even if I was given a code. Only once I had access from my suite but just once. There is only one computer by the entrance door but you cannot use it for long unless there is nobody else who wishes to use it. Otherwise you have to be brief, just check e mails. I usually worked early in the morning or late at night when there was nobody else waiting.

The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood not far from the city centre. There are shops in the round area, -a small square with one or two coffee shops and a pub just opposite the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel, and I would gladly return here if I ever visit Prague again.

• Related to: Photography, Road Trip, Historical Travel
  • Written September 4, 2011

Our suite on the 6th floor

• patricia1.nunez profile photo patricia1.nunez
  • Reviews: 69

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Elizabeths guest house: what a nice home style place

ohh my god, what a surprise to find this lady at the station trying to pick up for tourist, I was a little scared , cause you know.. east countries have a little reputation. But Elizabeth looked like my grandma, so I gave her a chance. Great apartment, really clean, microwave,fridge, full bathroom. Very honest lady. cheap accomodation 15 euros per person.

everything was awesome!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 14, 2011

• Zajem profile photo Zajem
  • Reviews: 132

Claudia rooms and apartments: Accomodation in the Jewish quarter

When you don't go in a restaurant for breakfast in the morning, you can make your own breakfast in the place. There is the dinnig room and kitchen corner with equippment, so you can make your coffee or tea there, too.

• Written April 28, 2011

• Zajem profile photo Zajem
  • Reviews: 132

Claudia rooms and apartments: Accomodation in the Jewish quarter

I had an accomodation in two-bed room, but was rated only for one bed. The room was clean, and you also can use your notebook with WI-FI connection in the room or watch TV.
The bathroom had a shower, toilet and bidet.

Although you have to pay cash only, you can choose if to pay in Euros or Hungarian forint (HUF).

• Related to: Theme Park Trips
  • Written April 28, 2011

The main entrance

• penny_g profile photo penny_g
  • Reviews: 208

Hotel Rege: Hotel Rege

Hotel REge is situated in Buda, easily accessible by bus 22 from Moszkva ter. It has a typical Hungarian interior and you will feel the athmosphere. Prices are reasonable - 30 eur for a single room. Besides you can use the hotel's indoor swimming pool and the sauna.

• Written October 1, 2010