Mamaison Andrassy Hotel

johngayton's Profile Photo

Another Perfect Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 22, 2011

I always escape the UK when its my birthday (January 18th if you really wanted to know) and by happpy circumstance as I was trying to decide where to go my weekly email "best deals" from www.travelzoo.com came up with this hotel.

I had a look at the deal - 72 Euros a night with a superior room upgrade, a welcoming drink and room service breakfast every morning. Sounded good to me and so Budapest it was to be.

I was not disappointed at all.

This was a 10-out-of-10 in every department hotel.

Emerging from the Bajza Utca Metro station it was directly in front of me, on the same side of the road, and so the location, whilst not central central, is perfect for accessing the public transport system and is only about 10 minutes from Deak Ferenc.

Reception was friendly, as he jokingly greeted me with "Unfortunately yes, we do have your reservation and even more unfortunate you have one of our best rooms with the balcony overlooking the avenue ;)" Checking in was simply a matter of adding my passport number and signing the pre-printed form. Having been given my key card and telling the receptionist at what time I wanted breakfast I was forced to sample a glass of the house "Champagne" in the smartly-attired lobby whilst I leafed through the local listings mag.

My "Superior Room" lived up to its billing - modern and stylish with little individual touches such as the artworks and squigglily-hanging bedside lamps and despite its sleekness everything was superbly servicable. The bed was comfortable (and there was half a wardrobe of extra pillows and bedding should I have required them), the armchairs were invitingly loungable whilst the well-lit worktop, and its practical chair, perfect WiFi (free) and direct dial telephone, ideal had I intended to do any.

The bathroom was gleamingly spotless with a bath deep enough to float in, huge fluffy absorbent towelling and a pair of "his and hers" bathrobes: hers reading "VIP" whilst the his just had the hotel name.

My daily breakfast arrived promptly at 8.30 every morning and was a good kick-start to my days with a decent-sized glass of orange juice, coffee which was obviously freshly-brewed and rolls and mini-croissants still warm from the oven.

Best though was the mini-bar which was sufficiently stocked to have kept even me happy for a night in had I wished to do so and wasn't overpriced.

I liked the look of the restauant too and the menu reads well but I'd already sort of planned my eating schedule and so gave it a miss on this visit but I did have a coffee and palinka in the bar one evening which was friendlily-served and once again not overpriced.

Check-out was cheery and despite my late-night mini-bar excursions the bill was totally painless - the only pain being that I was checking out in the first place!

Directions: Less than 50 metres from the Bajza Utca Metro station and directly in front of you if coming from the city, next door to the Japanese embassy.

MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Hotel Andrassy - Small luxury

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2005

Hotel Andrassy is a small, yet very elegant hotel somewhere between the heart and the "lung" (that's what the City Park is called sometimes) of the city.

It was the first Hungarian hotel accepted to the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" collection.

It houses the Zebrano restaurant offering amazing culinary creations.

Directions: The Hotel is between Bajza utca and Hosok tere (Heroes Square) M1 underground stations right on Andrassy Avenue.

Nearby Mamaison Andrassy Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews