Museum Guest House

viktor_b's Profile Photo

Museum Guest House

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 5, 2005

2 dorms with 6 - 8 beds each; kitchen use; free internet.

Completely different from other hostels that I have stayed in. Stuff is very friendly, place is nicely decorated, and it has more 'family' than 'hotel' atmosphere. Great place to meet great people. The choice for my next stay in Budapest.

Unique Quality: It is located on a square with lots of bars around. Sometimes, there is a open stage with live music just in front of the hostel.

Directions: Mikszath Kalman ter (square); near M2 Astoria stop.

Asiar's Profile Photo

Litttle warm place

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 15, 2004

The Museum Guesthouse is a little hostel near to The Nation Museum -- just few mins to walk to The Marget Hall Vaci Street , and all the Bridges .and The metro near by .

Unique Quality: Have free internet and kitchen .1 bathroom with hot water and 2 toilet . What do you expect for 10 euro/night in the heart of Budapest ?

Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

What Was Lonely Planet Thinking?

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 25, 2003

This must have been the trip for having bad hosts. I encountered the rudest hostel workers I have ever met at this hostel. Although I stayed for three nights, only one of them was bearable because for the first two they put me in a bed that was broken in the middle and my back hurt for the entire day. Also, the guy who was running the place at the time kept barging in my room time after time (at 2 and 3 in the morning) and turning on the overhead light which was right over my bed. The shower situation did become a problem because there was only one, and the kitchen was so tiny that literally only a couple of people could be in it at once. However, it DID have character. And the Internet was free, although I couldn’t access my AOL account. The location was excellent. No problem at all finding it.

Unique Quality: A good location and free Internet if you can ever get on the computer. I am all about cheap, but this place was a little dodgy for me.

Directions: Kalvin ter.

Nearby Museum Guest House

1 Photo of Museum Guest House

Budapest Travel Forum

Need advice about Budapest, Hungary? Visit the Travel Forum for Budapest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Budapest hotel reviews