NH Hotel Budapest

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ShoebKadri's Profile Photo

Budapest's hotel

It was simply wonderful ! The service is good and the location is also very commutable.

Unique Quality: Free internet !

Directions: Located right behind the Vigszinhaz Theatre. The historical west tran station is only 500 M away.

• steve1975l's Profile Photo

NH Budapest modern hotel

Clean and modern hotel with plenty of facilities. On a quiet side road near a busy road so it was in a good location for transport links. The trams / buses operate just on the main road so it is handy just remember to stamp your ticket when you get on.

Leave your laptop at home as there is a room with free internet access.

The bar prices weren't too bad for a hotel either being about 700 HUF for a beer. Just shout out what you want when you sit at the bar otherwise the bar tender will ignore you probably because he doesn't know what language to speak.

The only downside was that the air conditioning didn't really seem to do a lot as it only adjusted the ambient temperature of the hotel's by a couple of degress either way.

Expensive breakfast but they always are in hotels. We ate in the cafe on the main road opposite or the bakery just up the main road.

We never ate in the restaurant which always seemed quiet but in the Italian down the road. I highly recommend Taj Mahal on Szondi utca 40 as it was one of the best curries I have ever had...you know it is good if all the Indians are eating in there.

Staff always willing to do anything for you if you ask. Like the return airport transfer 2,300 HUF each.

• brwgrl's Profile Photo

Great Place to Stay!!

We stayed at the nH Budapest for 8 nights on a spring break holiday and were more than pleased with the accomodations. The staff was friendly and more than willing to assist us with our daily adventure plans. Our room was very nice, and relatively large (especially for a European hotel). Every night we looked forward to the comforters on the beds and watching various European television stations (although understanding what was being said was a different story).

The bathroom came replete with toiletries which was a nice surprise and the shower had an endless supply of hot water and high pressure. Our only complaint about the room is that it was a bit on the warm side but we ended up sleeping with the window open to regulate the temperature a bit.

The nH Budapest is approximately 2.5 blocks from the Nyugati palyaudvar Metro station and about 3 blocks from the nearest Tram stop (terminal stop for the 2 & 2A, regular stop for the 4 & 6). If you like to walk the city like we do it was very convenient to the Danube (10 minutes) the Parliament (10-15 minutes) and many small parks, shops, and restaurants.

Unique Quality: I would highly recommend making sure that your room reservation includes the breakfast buffet. Ours did and it was the perfect way for us to start our day. By eating the buffet every day we were able to walk around Budapest, skip lunch and treat ourselves to a snack in the afternoon to tide us over until supper.

The buffet consisted of both hot and cold foods. We ate our fill of sausage and cheese on bread, salads, fruit, yogurt, pastries, eggs, pancakes, bacon, beans, hot breakfast links, juice, tea, coffee and more. We thought we might tire of the options after a week, but I'm still craving cheese and bread for breakfast!

A computer is located in a small room off of the lobby if you need to check your email or other web based information. It was a nice touch to be able to check on things going on at home as we had over 18" of snow in the week we were gone.

Directions: Near Parliament, Margit hid, Danube (5-10 minutes)

• McPee's Profile Photo

Really great accomodation

Great location and hotel.

Staff were really helpful and well informed.

The hotel is on route of the 2,4 & 6trams - which will take you virtually everywhere you need. It is also a short walk from the Blue Metro line.

Parliament is about 300m away and St Margarets island is about the same distance.

Breakfast at the hotel is quite diverse. The rooms are stylishly appointed. Well worth te money.

More about NH Hotel Budapest

Pack your bathing suit!

by brwgrl

Bring a day pack for all of the walking you'll do. We were here in March and the weather was a bit gloomy but pleasant enough to walk every day. I'm guessing that we walked somewhere between 4-10 miles a day depending on the day. Bring good walking shoes. Both because it's easy to walk around the cities (Buda & Pest), but also because some of the sidewalks are very uneven and you want to make sure that you don't twist an ankle anywhere, especially in some of the old parts of the cities. Febreeze - helps with the fact that all of our clothes smelled like cigarette smoke and fried food at the end of every day. We just spritzed them and were good to go.

We stayed at the nH Budapest and they had toiletries in each room if you forgot anything at home. We brought 2 cameras - a regular pocket 35 mm and a digital camera. We used both. Just remember to bring extra film or SD cards because there's so much to take pictures of. Seemed to be plenty of places to buy film, but you can bring it with you. Bring your swim suit! The baths are great - we went to the Szechenyi Baths and spent about 2.5 hours in the outdoor baths and the sauna. Whenever the baths are mixed you will need a suit. Even some of the non-mixed will require suits so be aware. Also bring a towel - you can rent them, but sometimes things get lost in translation (or the lack of translation).

Couldn't ask for more!

by TripAdvisor Member Bev21

I'm actually sitting at the PC at the NH Budapest Hotel whilst I await my taxi back to the airport.
We are four friends who have been staying at the hotel for 3 nights and it's been wonderful. The rooms are immaculate, the breakfasts are superb - the choice is second to none! The staff are extremely helpful and speak perfect English.
The hotel itself is a perfect base - the location is central to everything.
Anyone visiting must visit 'The Darkness' bar and grill round the corner (to the left of the hotel), you can have a local beer sitting next to skeletons!!
I would recommend Budapest to anyone and will definitely make a return visit (especially to this hotel!

What a bargain

by TripAdvisor Member zoobenny

Can't believe I only paid 39 pound a night for this hotel (easily worth double), which even included breakfast (didn't eat lunch at all in Budapest because I was so full from breakfast, and I normally eat on the hour every hour!)

I normally stay in chain hotels and although the NH Budapest is part of a chain, it's the most individual hotel I've stayed in. Very light and airy and didn't have to walk along miles of corridor to the room. The bar was quite inviting as it was open to the lobby and not in a separate room, nice to come back after a long day for hot chocolate (normal or white chocolate - divine!). Free internet access in the lobby, and pretty fast too.

The hotel room was very nice, the beds were fab and the shower is probably the most powerful shower I've ever had (lastminute described it as 'being pummeled like a banana in a hailstorm'!). Nice little touches like a book of bedtime stories. Electronic safe that you set your own code for, so don't need any keys or to bother reception. Only complaint, the toiletries and tea/coffee were never replenished.

Location of the hotel was excellent, with good transport links in every which direction. Close to the Westend Shopping Centre with a few hundred shops, including normal food court type places, plus proper restaurants. Cheap night in the cinema on a Monday night, less than 2 pound, and the seats/leg room were so good, even I didn't fidget! palacecinemas

We travelled to the hotel by public transport, which worked out at 80p each, and was so easy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, we booked through octopustravel - join the octopus travel club (no cost, just need to give a few basic details) and you can save more (nearly ten pound a night for the weekend I checked in April).

Tips:

Take plenty of warm clothes if you're going soon, cos it was flipping freezing when we were there (last weekend), and definitely a scarf to wrap around your face, cos the wind can be quite biting.

Make sure you do validate your tickets on the public transport, because they are quite keen, we got inspected on the metro.

Try and plan a large portion of what you want to see/do to make the most of it. Prague I found you could just wander and see all the sights. But Budapest has much more of a city feel about it like London, and I felt it was better to plan ahead rather than walk aimlessly and hope to find something of interest.

If you want to see the Opera House, you're probably better off booking to see a performance rather than going on a tour because you can get cheap tickets for just over a quid, but the tour cost £7. jegymester

Right, enough waffling!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :o)

This Hotel Gives all the Bang for the Buck!

Fantastic value. Great location on the Pest side of the city. New hotel with very nicely appointed rooms. The bar looked good although we didn't try it out. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel (our great price didn't include that!). I worked out in the gym one night - small but not bad. Sauna didn't work, but when reported, a guy came and fixed it (watch out for hotel guest stripping down to nothing in the sauna though!). There were 2-3 great restaurant recommendations by the hotel within walking distance, and during our return trips from eating I saw some really fun looking bars / pubs. Watch out for taxi drivers from the hotel - they charge you about 2000 florints to go anywhere when the price is actually more like 200.

Anyway, highly recommended location and hotel. Could not beat the value for the money - one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at on Trip Advisor (and I've stayed at many!!).

Wonderful weekend

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel in February 2005 (four nights)and neither could fault it in any way. The hotel rooms were well appointed and beautifully fitted out. The staff were very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble, even booking tickets for shows and mailing postcards.

The breakfast was superb with a huge choice all included in the bargain price. The bar made a superb white hot chocolate.

The location of the hotel was handy for the main No4 (200m) and No2(300m) trams, the Westend shopping centre (5min walk) and walks down the Danube.

I have already recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

4star hotel @ 3 star prices

by TripAdvisor Member MirDublin

We're just back from a weekend break in Budapest from a stay at the NH Hotel. Must say I could not fault this hotel, staff are extremely friendly, rooms are large & spacious, spotlessly clean. I would also rank their hotel power shower as the best I have ever had. Hotel is very central, less than a minute from a tram stop, 2 minutes from the metro. Great coffee shop "Europa" round the corner. I'm definately going back.

Hotel dilema

by karl_pearson

A big thank you to everyone for the information recieved on my last post. But I have since read a few bad reports about the Hotel Budapest and also some good ones. Am now in 2 minds about whether to stay in the Hotel Budapest or after looking at some reviews pay slightly more and stay in the Nh Budapest. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about which.

Hotel Budapest sounds to be in a very good location for sightseeing, which is what we are wanting to do not massively bothered about shopping but would like to go to some good restaurants/bars, but the hotel doesn't get great reviews.

The Nh Budapest gets very high reviews as a hotel but it seems to be out of the way slightly. Could I please ask for your expert guidance again.
Thank you.

Re: Hotel dilema

by danbp

No, Nh Budapest is not out of the way at all! It's right on Grand Circle, near Western Station (Nyugati palyaudvar), next to the Vigszinhaz (~ Happy Theater). The Parliament, Western Station and Margharet Island are within walking distance and all other sights are within a range of 10-20 mins by public transportation. You'll find the 4 6 trams (Grand Circle Line), the 2 2A trams (Pest Embankment Line) and buses 15 City-busz (Pest downtown line) and 26 (Margharet Island line) useful. Nearest metro station is at Nyugati palyaudvar.

Comments