Arpad Fejedelem Utja 94, Obuda, Budapest, 1036, Hungary

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 47% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Ramada Plaza Budapest

The Corinthia Aquincum Hotel is excellent - Budapest

I have just arrived just about a week from the Aquincum Hotel. The hotel is magnificent and I have never experienced such incredible service before. I stayed on the Executive level with its own reception and lounge where a lot of different kind of foods and beverages are laid each day. In my room, there were much enough place for one person.
The breakfast is a lovely buffet with cheeses fruit pastries etc.
The pool and the spa is lovely, not too big, but really luxurious. The pool attendants were wonderful, laying out the towels, and giving out the beverages, like freshly squized orange juice. I have tried some specious treatments, like aromatherapy and different kind of massages. It was really fabulus and it had a really good price.
Restaurants are great. Hungarians are very smart. I had tried the a Sunday Brunch there. It was really good and healthy.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in on business weekend.

Swimming - history and luxury places

by KamaO

Budapest is a city for people who love water!!!The abundance of medicinal waters in this city is unparalleled even by international standarts. The hot springs on the Buda side were used by Celts and the Romans, and the name of Aquincum may also refer to the springs. Turks built baths along the Danube in the 16th century which function even today. The springs of various temperatures and therapeutic effects supply a daily volume of 70 million litres. 123 thermal and 400 mineral springs come from 14 sources.Sulphurous water comes from the bore well on the Margaret Island, most are calcareous therapeutic waters, salty is the spring of the Pesterzesebeti bath, while that of the Csillaghegyi Bath is a simple hot water spring. The water of the swimming pools is maily supplied by these springs, therefore medicinal baths and swimming pools are always listed together. Those who like water, swimming and sunbathing can choose from more than twenty places. Hotels which offer luxury accomodation and medical treatment are: Corinthia Aquincum Hotel*****, Danubius Thermal Hotel Helia****, Danubius Hotel Gellert**** or Danubius Thermal Hotel Margitsziget****.

Moving Around In A Wheelchair

by RhineRoll

Moving around in a wheelchair is not easy in Budapest. Even in the city center you will come across street crossings with partially or completely lacking kerb lowerings. Especially difficult are the heads of the Danube bridges. As a rule of thumb, wherever there's a large wide road and a big intersection, expect problems due to inaccessible walkways.

The picture illustrates the detours a wheelchair user must make when rolling from the Corinthia Aquincum Hotel to Margaret Island. This somewhat erratic route includes a steep ramped underpass from the top of Arpad Bridge down to the Island.

Forget using public transport. There are a couple of accessible elektro-bus lines, but the overwhelming part of the transport network is unusuable for wheelchair users.

Update 2008:
Very little has changed to the better. I found particularly Lehel Ter and Nyugati Ter to be a real nightmare, I nearly got run over by a car when trying to cross the street from an inaccessible traffic island. Roosevelt Ter was only gradually better.

Back from a nice weekend at the Corinthia Aquincum

by TripAdvisor Member Gilles-The-Bee

Last weekend a stayed in Corinthia Aquincum Hotel in Budapest for 3 nights. I had such a nice stay, the food was great, especially the breakfast! I recommend you to try the breakfast buffet on sunday and afterwards the spa with his super facilities and professional treatments. The spa is not too expensive, (certainly not when you compare it to other hotels in Budapest). The front Office staff was allways very frendly and helpful to organise a sightseeing tour in the city. Definitely come back next year!

Wonderful Hotel! Excellent location.

The Corinthia Aquincum Hotel is a wonderful hotel situated in Obuda facing the Danube River, just a 10 minute ride from town. Inexpensive transportation is a 5 minute walk out the door. Take the HEV to the Metro and you can be anywhere in Budapest. The breakfast is superb, bountiful and delicious. The room is nicely decorated, functional, and commiserate with the price. The spa is fabulous, four thermal pools of different temperatures and a Turkish bath and a sauna...all for free. The hotel supplies all of its guests with a nice terry cloth robe. The only concern is that the public transportation stops at 2330 and so late night outings in Budapest are difficult if you don't want to take a cab.

Just come back from a week in this hotel

We have just returned from a week at the Corinthia Aquincum Hotel.
We had an executive room that includes an executive lounge free access.

Pros:
•Very nice hotel just next to the Danube
•Good executive lounge with free soft drinks cakes and snakes and an happy hour of alcohol drinks
•the service is above average in this area of Europe but still not the same as in west Europe or in the States

Cons:
•Location is not that close to the city center and a cab or rented car is necessary to get there.
•Don’t take a cab from the hotel taxi company the price are about twice or more than if you'll order via phone and the driver will be more polite.
•Smoke, smoke and smoke people are smoking everywhere! Lobby, elevators, hotel restaurant, nowhere to hide.

Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member KrisKros

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Corinthia Aquincum Hotel 29 Jan - 01 Feb 06. It was a wonderful experience.

The hotel has all you can ask for, the breakfast is out of this world, the rooms are OK, the spa is wonderful, the gym is great and the thermal pools are fantastic. If you're looking for a relaxing and healthy atmosphere this is def. the place for you!

The hotel is located on the outskirts of Budapest, and yeah I have to admit that I was a little bit shocked over the surroundings in the beginning. But you have to keep in mind that this is Eastern Europe, and most of the time we actually spent indoors in the lovely thermal pools.

We also came across a couple of lovely restaurants; so if you want try something else then the food in the hotel (which was also excellent, but a little bit expensive) you should try out the food in Kéhli Vendéglo (anno 1890). It's an authentic Hungarian restaurant with great Hungarian food to very cheap prices, located 5 min from the hotel. Ask in the reception, they know the place well. I'll also recommend that you stop by Artis Restaurant & Winebar (---). It's a beautiful, new restaurant with delightful dishes and gourmet menu + sushi! It's located 7 min away from the hotel (with tramp) and offered great food to very inexpensive prices.

Enjoy Corinthia Aquincum Hotel and Budapest! We def. did!

Disappointing

There are a couple of issues with this hotel. The location isn't great--I prefer somewhere more central, where you step out of your place and into the heart of the cities action. You would expect that a 5-star hotel would provide transportation to and from the airport, a shuttle into the city and at least support you with taxi service, but this wasn't the case. We spent way too much time getting into the city instead of exploring Budapest--unless you have a load of cash to spend on taxis (about $16.00 for a ride to the city) you'll spend a lot of time on the local tram. The rooms were pretty bad as well; my husband and I had to sleep in separate twin beds (not conducive to a romantic New Years weekend) and the mattresses were extremely hard. There weren't even sheets on the bed, but more of a duvet-like bag. The spa was okay, but I would stay away from the pedicures and would request a private room for your massage as mine was interrupted several times with staff issues/lunches. I spent about 90USD to listen to them argue over another guests receipts. Overall I would have sacrificed the big breakfast and the indoor pool for a more central location.

NOT a Five Star Hotel like they claim

My wife and I booked the room well in advance, but for some reason they has no double rooms available when we checked-in. The room they gave us had two twin beds. When I am on vacation, I would like to sleep in the same bed as my wife. The spa treatments were overpriced for the quality of service that we received. The person giving me a massage actually asked me to leave her a tip while she was massaging me. The wait staff at the restaurant was rude when we asked for the bill to be split up. The people at the front desk would not let me use their phone to order pizza. They said that it would conflict with their restaurant. I had to call from my room, but I ordered it anyway. I would not recommend staying in this hotel. The hotel is too far from the center. I would recommend staying at a lower rated hotel for a cheaper price and something closer to the center. I definitely will not stay there again or recommend the hotel to someone else.

Accommodation in July

by nettyfitz

We are a fit couple in our 60's visiting Budapest in July. We are looking for a comfortable central (or within 15 minutes walk from the centre) hotel or apartment with air conditioned rooms, preferably privately owned ie not a large commercial business.

We were originally thinking about the Corinthia Aquincum Hotel but have read varied reviews.

Can anyone advise us please?

by cathy9510usa

We stayed in a very nice apartment near Deak Ter (with its good transportation links). It had a air conditioning and a washing machine but no dryer. We walked almost everywhere, so it was central enough. The name was Paradise Apartments Hollo, on Hollo Street (off Kiraly). The area is undergoing much renovation, but the building the apartment is located in is very modern.

by Tayra2

Hi,

I booked apartment in the center of Budapest (going there last week of March) and till now it looks good. The staff is friendly and will give you every info you need. Maybe you can check theyr web site it´s good one:

by what-a-man

Hi
Corinthia is not really in the centre. I have an 80-year-old grandma in florida, who always stay at Thermal Hotel in Margharet Island. They have very good service (health, recreation, etc) and the island is ideal for morning jogging.
To be more in the centre, you can try Meridien (5*), Corvin Hotel (3*) that has very good price !!! good luck!

Comments