Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof

More about Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof

Best

by TripAdvisor Member NaviSuva

HI

Just wanting to let you now my stay in Mocambo Hotel Fiji was great. My car could go in and get parked infron to my room.

The maid Salome was very helpful to my wife and assisted my wife to take care of my baby daughter. Her help was great and she made an effort to come visit her everyday.

Cheers

3rd rate & overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member KJ72

Arrived from Brisbane by air at 8.30pm, had emailed earlier in the day for shuttle pick up but no bus. Rang hotel & 30 minutes later was picked up by another hotel's shuttle. BAD START. Checked in to the worst room I've stayed in ever, it even beat a B&B in Rome, furnishings were 50 years old & showed it, room was filthy, black mould on tiles in b/room windows not cleaned in years, curtains broken & not working properly, light littings broken or hanging off walls, air cond that howled like a 10 ton truck. carpet thread bare Next morning checked out the dining room for b/fast but at $18 for continental b/fast we went into town. Later in day thought we would use the pool, think again, it was in a disgusting state of uncleanliness. This property is way overpriced & frankly I wouldn't stay in it now if the tarrif was only $30. When the operators were confronted with the state of their hotel the excuse was that they were about to spend money cleaning it up. Bit late for anyone staying there now at quality hotel prices.

Pretty scenery, reasonably clean but not the greatest

by TripAdvisor Member sarah_ruth

We stayed in the Mocambo in Nadi whilst we visited Fiji for 5 days in 2006. The hotel was pretty however it had seen better days, saying which it was clean and we had everything that we needed for our stay, we were rarely in our room except for at night anyway. The rooms are quite big and have good air conditioning which is exxential as Fiji is quite humid. The bar and food is quite overpriced however the food was probably the nicest we had during our stay in Fiji! Do NOT use the room telephone as they charged us a fortune for it, to this day I feel that a mistake was made with what they charged us for a 5 minute phone conversation, however the reception staff were not particularly friendly or helpful over this matter or any matter at all. We booked some trips through "Rosie" the travel agency service in the hotel and these were quite good. I would really only reccomend the Mocambo for a overnight stay en route to one of the island resorts from the airport. And a word of advice DO NOT DRIVE TO SUVA, I don't even reccomend that you visit Suva!

Unrenovated Horrors

by TripAdvisor Member JodieTravel01

We booked this hotel because we were arriving late into Nadi and travelling out to an island early the next morning, so our family (2 adults; 2 kids) just needed a place to lay our heads. We knew it would be basic but we didn't know just how basically horrible it would actually be. Check in was OK, we arrived late (midnight) due to 5 hour flight delay out of Australia. Our room was in the unrenovated section - terrible early 70's decor, dirty tiles from wear, peeling paint in places, a hot water jug that must have been about 20 years old. All we wanted was a hot shower - no hot water. Two calls to reception - was it our room, our section of the hotel or the whole place? No answer from Reception and no promised return calls. Finally my husband went out to personally see what was going on and he found three men working on a pipe. We had cold showers and went to bed. Unfortunately the beds were disgusting - at least 20 year old mattresses with springs ready to burst through at any moment, hard lumpy pillows and sheets like sandpaper. Things improved a little in the morning - the hot water was working, breakfast was OK.
The grounds of the Mocambo are really quite nice. The Tongan Rugby team was staying there (probably taking up all the renovated rooms) and it was fun watching them practice. The staff in the morning were nice and friendly. Would I go back - only if I was categorically promised in writing that we would have a room in the renovated section of the hotel.

Lovely grounds, can't say the same about the rooms

by TripAdvisor Member littllebabyneko

Like most people, we stayed at the Mocambo for the night before flying out of Fiji. When we were being transported from Port Denarau we went past Denarau's lovely new hotels and resorts and then after about 10-15 minutes we passed some absolutely hideous looking accomodation so when we pulled up the Mocambo we were pleasantly surprised at the rolling lush greens and lovely grounds we encountered. Check in staff were fine and we were shown to our room. And that's where it all went rapidly downhill.

When they opened our door, there was an incredibly musty stale odour that hit us straight in the face. I walked in and felt cobwebs on my legs and encountered a dead cockroach on the floor. How lovely. I walked into the bathroom area where there were cobwebs all over and I immediately told them that I couldn't stay in that room. They transferred us to another room a few floors down without the complimentary cockroach and cobwebs and we settled in still slightly apprehensive as that musty smell appeared to be in all of the rooms.

I needed to get out of there so I booked a massage for both of us with the resort spa and they were very accomodating. The massage was good and they took my husband in immediately after mine. I saw mongooses (mongeese?) running through the grounds and the pool area looked nice but we didn't try the pool.

We went shopping in the main area of Nadi which is not really worthwhile a trip but we were bored and didn't want to spend time in our room. Then we came back and ordered room service for dinner as we had to get up early which was fairly good if small in size.

So if you ignore the old musty and insect ridden rooms, the Mocambo isn't too bad! However we said next time we'd just stay at the gorgeous places in Port Denarau for our last night and get up 15 minutes earlier for our flight.

Excellent!!

by TripAdvisor Member amy198383

I stayed at the Mocambo for 4 nights and i was very impressed, my room was brand new very spacious and the furniture was lovely and very modern.
It is near the airport but I didnt find it particuarly noisy at all.
The staff were friendly and organised excursions if you wanted them.
Would definately reccomend it for the price, it is not near the beach but does have a pool.

View of the city hallView of the city hall

The church IIThe church II

Katalinkert Panzió (Gyõr, Hungary)Katalinkert Panzió (Gyõr, Hungary)

Becsi kapuBecsi kapu