Beta Hotel Szauna Kecskemet

Kecskemet, HungaryKecskemet, Hungary

Travel Tips for Kecskemet

Art Nouveau in southern Hungary

by gmg61

Kecskemet is one of the most typical cities of that area of Hungary called "the great plain", that's between the rivers Danube and Tisza.

The atmosphere of the city centre is highly determined by the Secessionist style. Donpt miss the surprising "Ornamented Palace" (in Hungarian Cifrapalota), right in the centre of the city, with beautiful windows and frescoes on the outer walls.

Another nice Art Nouveau bulding is the Town Hall, with floral motifs on the walls inspired by folk art.

In the vast plain around Kecskemet agriculture is highly widespread, and that's the right place to get apricots and red chili pepper used to make "paprika".

Kecskemet

by IngaA

"1,5 hour by train from Budapest"

This charming city was a very pleasant place to disclose. I just had a week of mid-term beak in the university, so we decided to make 1-day tip somewhere in Hungary. Someone proposed Kecskemet and we agreed.

Our trip started by jumping into moving train and ended by running to catch our train.

Kecskemet, Hungary

by sargentjeff

I spent about 10 days here, but unfortunately had to spend most of my time on the Air force base. It was a dismal base with very poor facilities for us. I did go downtown once and managed to see a few things. It was a beautiful city with many things to see. Maybe someday I'll get back here.

Near Kecskemet

by matcrazy1

Puszta near Kecskemet in 80'.
I and my friend met in bar in Kecskemet 2 hungarian boys who invited us to his house at puszta. No electricity (we used candles), few wonderful big cats inside, water from well, nearest shop 60 min. on foot.

Comments