Vakacio Youth Hostel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Sopron

The Holy Trinity - SopronThe Holy Trinity - Sopron

Orsolya tér (Sopron, Hungary)Orsolya tér (Sopron, Hungary)

Ursuline Church (Sopron, Hungary)Ursuline Church (Sopron, Hungary)

Goat Church (Sopron, Hungary)Goat Church (Sopron, Hungary)

How do I get from Vienna Airport to Sopron?

Hello All,

I've posted a similar question in the Vienna forum, but I thought I'd try the "reverse" here. Unlike the poster below, we will be traveling to Sopron from Vienna during the day (afternoon actually). We will be arriving at Vienna airport and would like the quickest, easiest way to get from there to Sopron.
Thank you very much. :)

by leics

You have a variety of options. Until a member comes along to specifically advise (I have not made this journey) can I suggest you explore this site (mostly in English...'flughafen wien' is Vienna airport):

The journeyplanner there will give you the options and their details for your specific date & time.

by KisJutka

Thank you for your reply. I actually have been to this site but when I put in my destinations (from and to) I don't get a response. I have checked the Hungarian train system and it seems a bit more understandable, and I do get some options, but it's not very clear which station to leave from and which station to go to.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

by leics

I just tried out your search on that site and was successful in finding transport options and details.

Start with the link I gave, then put in 'vienna airport' and 'sopron' (and your date/time).

On the next page click 'search' or 'suchen' (can't remember which appears). You should get a page detailing all the options around your chosen time.

by KisJutka

Where is the blushing emoticon??? I tried what you said and got yet another error message. Then I tried it again and it worked -- the first time today.

Thank you SO much for taking the time and effort to walk me through this and inspiring me to try it one more time.

I am really looking forward to this trip as I was born in Sopron and haven't been back in many years.

I really do appreciate your help.

Thank you very much!

by leics

You need no blushing emoticon! This is exactly what VT forums are for.

I do this loads but the first few times I tried I got into a mess too.

Enjoy your visit.....I suspect much will have changed. :-)

by KisJutka

You're right, that is exactly what these forums are for. After spending a few frustration hours getting nowhere on my own, I thought, "why aren't I on VT and asking people who know??" I have yet to be let down here. So many nice people, so much good info!

And I'm sure you're also right about things having changed in Sopron. I just recently visited Budapest, hadn't been there in 8 years, and it was so different -- like night and day. I'm so looking forward to seeing my hometown again.

Thanks again for your help!

by leics

Budapest had changed a great deal in the four years between my visits (last visit last August).

So I'm sure you'll see similar changes in Sopron.

Travel Tips for Sopron

The Main Plaza

by kaloz

It is quite a feeling to walk through an archway and enter somthing completely different. The main plaza is alive with activity, kids on bikes, shopping, an open air coffee place. being taken by surprise.

Fire tower

by hu_women

The City Tower or Fire Tower is the symbol of the town. Its lowest third was built in the 13th century. If the weather is fine you can have a wonderful view of the town, the surrounding hills and Lake Ferto from the gallery.

S O P R O N

by coccinella169

"66 Km from Vienna"

Sopron is very close to Vienna; so on weekends many people from Vienna go there. The main reasons for all these Austrians who venture to Sopron are to go shopping, to go to a beauty shop or to the dentist.

There are a lot of shopping malls in the outskirts of Sopron. But if you visit Sopron as a daytrip from Vienna, I would recommend you to visit the old town as well, because it`s really beautiful.

Comments