The small town of Godollo had been famous for its ducal residence, the castle of Godollo. In 1867, the Hungarian population gave it as a coronation gift to King Franz Joseph and Queen Elisabeth (Sisi). From that time on, Godollo was booming: The residence turned into a hunting resort and the Queen´s favorite places, the park was lush in vegetation and she could use it for endless rides along the alleys and walks with her readers; hotels were built and casinos established, for Godollo had also begun to attract the Pester Upper Class and high society. The residence was in use until WWI, when the town lost its former splendor. Nowadays, Godollo Palace can still be visited!