Fo Utca 92, Visegrad, 2025, Hungary
Travelocity Tingo.com Hotels.com

More about Visegrad

Don Vito Restaurant, VisegradDon Vito Restaurant, Visegrad

wildboard terrine! Fantastic!wildboard terrine! Fantastic!

panorama from the roomspanorama from the rooms

the unsual triangle shapethe unsual triangle shape

Travel Tips for Visegrad

Feeling safe

by Speze

We lived with relatives but when they were not there we walked the streets at all hours and not once were we threatened or accosted. There were even times when we did not have our passport and didn't worry.
People were very friendlyand kind. Living with cousins.

Discovering Visegrad's History

by hungariangirl896

Visegrad is a very historical and medieval town on the Danube bend in northern Hungary. During the summer, the International Royal Palace Festival attracts many visitors. Traditional medieval events (like jousting) take place and the main street is lined with an infinite number of food stalls, shops, and markets. There is a very good Hungarian csarda near the city center, but if you are lucky enough to be in Visegrad during this festival, you should sample some of the many traditional Hungarian foods sold on the main street. Visegrad Castle is also a really nice place to visit. The castle itself is a little small, but the views from the "lookout" areas are amazing and it is filled with Central European history, so it is definitely worth a visit. Overall, it is a very beautiful and unique town!

Explore the Danube-benk

by ehcsk

"About the city"

I always travel a lot, I like to explore diferente cities, villages, taste tipical meals and wines.. Visegrád is a very nice small city. Its another world like Budapest. If you travel to Visegrád its seems to be a "go back to the past" journey. It is timless with a glamorous mood of hungarian villages.
Visegrad hasn't got a center, nice streets or houses, gardens except the monumets. They are beautiful! The blue contours of the mountains, the ancient walls of Visegrád Castle offer a splendid view to the Danube-Bend.
This is the best place to take a tour. this area is the part of the Duna-Ipoly National Park. There are many protected species of plant and animals in the National Park, but the animlas do not like too much the turists.

And you can enjoy the hungarian cuisine art and delicious wine selection.

Visegrad is perfect for a daytrip.

"Tour in the nature & gastronomy"

The only one restaurant in the Danube-bend whiches owner is a Executive "Star" chef: the Nagyvillam Restaurant. The Chef had many famouse guest, for ex: Japanese emperor's family, the prince of Bahrein etc.
We take a tour accross the forest, it was app. 30 minutes from the Salamon tower to the top of the hill and a Restaurant. We visieted the beautiful Citadel. You can approach the fortress on numerous routes winding along the hill. Afterthat we go near the road to the Restaurant. It is beautiful, situated in a fantastic spot!
The architecture, which fits seamlessly into its natural environment, aim to match its priceless setting among the splendours of nature and the timeless ambience of the historic monuments that surround it. It has a little garden with green spices, very nice.
I tasted the Hunter's soup, I think this was the best choise. The grilled meals also fine. the Chef is famous for his venison specialities.
About the wines. My favorite is the Irsai Oliver white wine. It is very light and delicious! The restaurant is very impressive inside, with lot of fireplaces, lot of rooms, terraces with view to the castle and the Danube-bend and I like the lounge very much! We spent a pleasant afternoon there! And it is not expensive. About the price: soup:2,5 euro.

If you need more information: www.nagyvillam.hu

Old Capital City

by hartti

"Roman Time Castle"

Situated in the Danube bend. the town has important position. There was a Roman camp and guard place 2000 years ago. A medieval castle was built on the high hill.

"Old Royal Castle"

In 1323, did the king feel the centre of the country safe enough to transfer his seat there from Temesvar (present-day Timişoara, Rumania). Yet he did not choose Buda, the large city, for his residence, but rather the well-defensible castle of Visegrad.

"Between Hill and River"

Between the hill and river Duna there is only a narrow piece of land for the road and some houses.

Danube bend

by Sjalen

It would be unfair to say that I have seen much of Visegrad town, as I spent most of that day in Szentendre. However, what I did see was a view I will never forget. Visegrad is famous for a spectacular bend in the river Danube and as I love the Danube, I was happy to see it. The area along the river has several medieval castles and as if to emphasise the significance of the place, we had a spectacular thunder storm when we visited!

Comments