Buk Hotels

Our Members Say

• joleson profile photo joleson
  • Reviews: 9

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Radisson SAS and Birdland Resort & Spa: Arrogant Disappointing Romantic Location

At first I was very hopeful of this countryside location in Hungary nestled in Buk. Seemed like a great place to have a very relaxing vacation and hang out at the Spa, easily head over to Vienna, Bratislava, or south to Zagreb.

First the Birdland's hostess doesn't speak English. I don't hold it against her, but would be useful to know this before booking. The Radisson front desk do speak english, but the guy was quite arrogant, since anytime we needed anything the birdland hostess would ask the Radisson hostess over to help. By mid week the Radisson bunch was quite annoyed.

Staying at the Villas (Birdland) for a week, and having spent a week getting there going through various cities, we were told there were facilities for us to clean our clothes. This is incorrect. Birdland does not. Radisson does, but we later found out tennets cannot do their own cleaning. We left our whites a single load and were told that it would be 5-10 Euro. When we came back we were given a 87 Euro bill!!!! This outrageous clame had a deal of every item of clothing and charges from 5-10 euro per item! After explaining we had been told the load would be 5-10, they explained that their services were standard. Although outrageous I was unable to convince the front desk of the mixup and asked to speak to the manager. The manager although professional, explained there was nothing he could do. After explaining my situation and pleading for my cause, he offered a 10% discount off the 87 Euro price for my single load of laundry. Many times I wanted to walk away and leave my whites/underwear, but the embarassment was too much. I gave my offer of 40 euro and he grudgingly took it and stammered off.

Spa, pool, massage.

After my encounter we somehow got blacklisted. We were told mid week that we could no longer use the pool or spa, we had to use the pool in town. The pool/spa at these facilities are considered Radissons and they reserved the right to refuse service. It was a very arrogant atmosphere, not a place for kids. Our kids did feel very out of place early in the week and we were glad to try some other place.

NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KIDS

The Resteraunt at the Radisson was *Very* pricey $$$$. About 16,000 Forint for drink and 2 dinners. Although the staff was very friendly the food wasn't very good and was lacking in flavor.

We ended up in town in Buk/Bukfurdo. The Spa/pool there was very strong smelling (sulfer). The audience was a lot of older folks, but we still enjoyed ourselves. Be sure to watch out for the signs on the pools.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average