Gold Hause Pansion

Gold Hause Pansion
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Balatonfured

Having lunch at EsterhagzyHaving lunch at Esterhagzy

A ship at nigthA ship at nigth

Tagore Promenade (in summer it is full of people)Tagore Promenade (in summer it is full of people)

Travel Tips for Balatonfured

Life's a Beach

by argentia

I visited Balatonfured for what was supposed to be 2 days at the beach right at the halfway mark of my 5-week backpacking adventure. Well, I didn't leave after 2 days!

Balatonfured is a very charming town on the north shore of Lake Balaton. It's one of the largest towns on the lake, but it feels more like a cozy hideaway than a big tourist hotspot. Though I assume the town gets busier once the Hungarians start taking their summer holidays, Balatonfured is still a place I would love to return to at any time of the year.

This is one of the nicest places to walk in Balatonfured. The tree-lined stone path stretches for several kilometers down the lakeshore, and the shade is a welcome friend from the midday sun.

I passed by this market, located near the marina, at least 3 times daily. Every time I did, I joked that I would take this giant salami with me for the rest of my trip. When I realized that it probably wouldn't fit into my backpack, I decided to take one last picture to remember it by!
=P