Hrafnagilstrati, Akureyri, 600, Iceland

Hotels.com Booking.com Edda Hotel

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• maartenw's Profile Photo

Reliable Icelandic chain

The Akureyri hotel is part of large chain of Edda hotels throughout Iceland. They are well organised and have spotless accomodations. This one was rather big (over 200 rooms).

Like many other Edda hotels this modern building is actually a student residence. They transform boarding schools to hotel accomodation during the long (3 months) summer vacation of the students. (You'll find another one in my Laugarvatn accomodation tips.)

Unique Quality: Spacious rooms and very well equipped. They even have cooking facilities in the rooms. Good breakfast buffet. Excellent service. Large parking. (Though you'll never have much problems finding a parking spot in Iceland.)

Directions: On the corner of Hrafnagilstræti and Þórunnarstræti. In the town. Close to a camping ground and the swimming pool.

More about Hotel Edda - Akureyri

Hotel Edda - an Icelandic hotel chain.

by Regina1965 about Hotel Edda - Akureyri.

Hotel Edda is a chain of hotels which are only open during the summer months as they serve as a school during the winter months. When I stay in Akureyri I camp or stay at Brekkusel guesthouse. But there was a summer offer on certain dates at Hotel Edda in Akureyri and it was cheaper than staying at a guesthouse so I jumped at the chance.

It is a lovely hotel with spacious rooms. I opted for a room with a washbasin, with the showers and toilets being in the corridor. The room itself though was a little colourless (grey), seeing this is a school in the winter time. And the beds could not be pushed together, so we had to sleep in separate ends of the room. And in my room the pillows were really tiny, like baby-pillows, so I had to get my pillow from the car. But apart from this I was very happy with my stay, this hotel has a pure "hotel feel" to it.

On the ground floor there is a bar and a lounge area with a piano and a TV and a pool table. On each floor there is a sitting room with lovely sofas. Everything is up to par in this hotel. And I will definitely stay there again next time I visit the lovely town of Akureyri.

Comments