Reykjavik Airport, Vid Hlidarfot, Reykjavik 101, Iceland

Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Worst hotel End

I also forgot to mention that the bed base and matresses were pushed against the wall with not even a headrest behind it. If you couldn´t make do with your 2 thi pillows then your head was to rest against the cold hard wall.

We also ordered some food on the first night,
    I had a leek soup and a triple decker sandwich and a bottle of carlsberg
    My wife had the steak of the day which turned out to be 5 very thin slices of lamb with salad instead of potatoes and a glass of house wine.
    Everything was cold except the beer which i reckon was stored in a boiler room or something.
    the bill came out at 6700 ISK is the same as €77 or 52 GBP or even $99 USD.

This hotel is advertised as four star, i would not give it even 2 stars. stay well clear

Unique Quality: none

Directions: Practicly on the airport tarmac

• worst hotel part 2

I then went into the bathroom to wash up and noticed half the sink was hanging off. then i got out of the shower my suds were all over the floor. At first i thought it was getting out the side of the curtain but then i saw it was actually coming back up a drain. after this i went to turn on the tv, The hotel was advertised as having cable, satalite and pay per view. I found it only had 4 working channels. There was a small folder next to the tv telling what movies were on offer and explaining how to start your viewing but nothing told me how much it would be. This was the same with the phone, told me HOW to make the calls but never told me HOW MUCH it would cost.
    Out of the 150 people that were in my group, 80% of us were going on early morning ALL DAY tours each day. Last night we were just putting our heads down for the night around 11:45pm when we realised how loud the music was below us in the bar. As my wife said, if she could speak Icelandic, she could tell you the words. With my wifes request i got dressed and went down to reception (yet again) as i could not get through on the phone. The receptionist to me that they had just turned it down and that they were finishing soon. I went back to our room and not surprisingly, the music was the same. I got through this time on the phone and requested that either she comes up to our room herself or that she sends someone up to see for themselves how loud it is, She didn´t even answer that question and merely said "I can give you ear plugs if you want". I angrily laughed at her and told her that i paid for a four star hotel and a four star room and not a bed that i have to wear ear plugs in to get to sleep. Her reply was ,"I´m sorry, there is nothing i can do".

Because i couldn´t sleep i decided i would watch a pay per view movie, at this stage i didn´t care hw much it would cost. Again, not surprisingly, the pay per view would not work.
    ......continued.....
    PS if i mispelt some words then it is because of this stupid keyboard that barley works...

Unique Quality: none

Directions: in the airport alongside runway

• Worst Hotel I´ve ever stayed at.

This has to be the most unfriendly, unprofessional, cheap, dirty and falling apart hotel i have ever stayed at. I am actually typing this from Iceland and i cannot wait to get home to give my travel agent a bit of an earful. Myself and my wife arrived early on Thursday afternoon. We had a double room booked and when we got to our room we were shocked to see that they gave us a twin room. I quickly went back to reception because i was travelling with a group of 100+ and wanted to get my room changed before they gave them all away. When i explained to the reception she looked at me with a sour face and told me that she had been told twin and not double and there was nothing she could do about it. we had 3 nights booked. I quickly bluffed her by telling her to take her cancelation fee and give me the rest back that i would leave. She very quickly gave me the key to a double room, probably because she risked me telling th other 149 people. I went back up to the room and was delightd to tell me wife i had it sorted so we got our bags and moved one floor down to the 2nd floor. i was even more shocked when i saw this room. the base of the bed was a double, there were two single matresses on top with the cheap thing that goes in between the matresses so you dont feel the bumps, but worst of all, there was also two single duvets on the so called double bed in the so called double room. i went back down to reception and the girl looked at me again with a sour face and told me in plain english "we dont have a double duvet for you". and that was that.
    ........ Continued.....

Unique Quality: had free internet and thats the only one

Directions: in the domestic airport, some rooms look onto the runway, thank god i didn´t get one of those ones,. the one i had was bad enough

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Good Business Class Accomodation

Hotel Loftleidir is part of the Icelandic Air empire, and offers good standard "business class" accomodation. If you are on one of the airline's package deals - especially off-season, as I was - it can be quite affordable to stay here. The Scandinavian style breakfast buffet is included in the room-mate, and adds excellent value to the room.

I rented a car for a couple of days of my Iceland stay, and it was very convenient that the "in-town" Hertz agency (which Icelandic Air works which) is just up the road a hundred meters from the hotel. There's plenty of free parking at the hotel, and easy access onto the main roads that lead out of town.

If you are planning to take advantage of Reykjavik's nightlife, be aware that the city center is a 20/25 minute walk from the hotel, and the free shuttle is not all that convenient. Taxis are abundant but are expensive as you would expect them to be in a country where a glass of ordinary beer will cost you $9 at a popular bar. Fortunately, walking back to the hotel after a night on the town is very very safe - just watch for traffic when you cross the busy roads!

Unique Quality: The Loftleidir is adjacent to the Perlan restaurant complex, and there's a bracing walk up a wooded hill (!!! - very rare in Iceland) to a lookout over the entire city.

• Buckz's Profile Photo

Best Hotel

B&B in the loftleider was part of our package. in general everyone in the loftleidir was happy, those in the other hotels less so.

The view from the room was deceptive- bright sunny days- when we went out it was below freezing!

Unique Quality: Great Views
    Good Breakfast
    indifferent restaurant

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Icelandair Hotels

Hotel Loftleiðir is a large (220 rooms) **** hotel built in the 1960´s and is located near the domestic airport c. 20min. walk from the centre (bus no. 7). Nearby is the Pearl with it´s revolving restaurant and a panoramic view of Reykjavik.

Unique Quality: Excellent conference facilities and printing services. Indoor swimming pool.

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

Hotel Loftleidir It is the...

Hotel Loftleidir It is the largest hotel in Reyjavik.
    It is near a small airport that has excursions by plane to the Westman Islands. There are also bus excursions to the Golden Circle,the South Shore and
    the Blue Lagoon from the hotel.

More about Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir

Overnight in Reykjavik

by starship about The Loftleider Hotel

When we were taking our first trip to Europe in 1983, we bought a package from Icelandair which included this stopover in Iceland, transfers and one or two nights at the Loftleider Hotel, breakfast, dinner and a tour. The Loftleidir Hotel seemed already somewhat dated in 1983. But it provided a comfortable respite after a long flight.

The twin beds had fluffy down comforters folded on top of each bed, and the minute our head hit the pillows we were asleep for at least a couple of hours. After that "nap" we got up and explored the hotel which was a pretty decent size place.

The hotel also provided a restaurant on site, an indoor pool, sauna, bar, Beauty Salon, and the "Rammagerdin" Gift shop. At that time the Loftleider was a fairly important conference spot hosting the personalities such as Henry Kissinger.

You could also arrange tours and pickup from the hotel and the following day we were picked up for a tour of Reykjavik which was very convenient because we were not really within walking distance of the main part of town.

Friendly staff! Our room looked out on another small airport, which is not exactly what we'd hoped for. But being extremely tired, we didn't spend alot of time looking out of the window. What I remember most about this hotel were the friendly ladies that worked in the cafeteria and the Viking ship in the Floral Restaurant. A cold buffet lunch with authentic Icelandic dishes was served from that boat.

Not a 4 Star but relatively decent.

by TripAdvisor Member Tri3

Two of us have just returned from a weekend in Loftleidir. The hotel itself was very clean. Staff reasonably polite. We didn't eat in the resturaunt, however must say they left people queuing for it for ages. There were very few customers in the restaurant at the time and even less staff! Seemed really odd considering most went for the buffet!

The resturaunt and bar food stops at 22:00. However the barstaff would orde you a pizza from Domino's. The service in the bar is very slow, and pretty expensive. A pint of beer is 700 k and a glass of house wine 790 k - around 8.0 and 8.90 Euro.

Didnt use the swimming pool at all so can't comment on that.

The curtesy bus only runs at certain times. The city bus stop is across the road, its 250 k for adults. And leaves you off at the top of the main street. this is the opposite end of the street to where the curtesy bus stops! Make sure you get off there or you will end up somewhere teh far side of town! (Like we nearly did!!!).

To conclude, just dont expect a 4 Star hotel by European standards. Take it to be a 2-3 Star. With this in mind you wont be disappointed. Also - if possible ask for a room at the front of the hotel. There is a lovely view of the Perlan.

Busy Hotel

Busy Hotel on the outskirts of the city. Ideal location if you want to do excursions, but a good streach of the legs to get into town.

The hotel has a specialist excursion desk covering all type of trips and activities with knowledgeable and helpful staff. Most trips are suited to adults but older teenagers would also enjoy some activities.

The Reception staff were extreemly helpful and managed to resolve all issue quickly, whether relative to the hotel or other matters.

The a la carte menu is good value for money, but the buffet evening meal was variable.

We did enjoy our stay and would book again.

Hotel LoftleidirHotel Loftleidir