Bergstadastraeti 3, Reykjavik, 101, Iceland
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Apartment K

Apartment K - Comfort in class

by TripAdvisor Member sboston

I found Apartment K through Trip Advisor, and the reviews are right on target. This is an exceptionally comfortable and convenient place to stay. It is designed with a more unique, boutique-like feel, but in a way that brings warmth and comfort to its decor. Our apartment felt private and cozy. The apartment kitchen was well-equipped (oven, range, fridge, dishwasher), the bed was super comfortable, and the media/internet access was great - we used it quite a bit to look up historical info about Iceland, check our flight, and learn times of operation of stores/facilities, etc. The hot tub outside was a bonus. Kathy and her family were so super sweet and interesting to talk with, and they provided the right balance of being there if you needed something but left you alone, otherwise. Kathy's recommendations for restaurants led us to wonderful, memorable experiences. On our last night, from the Apartment K, we were able to see the northern lights for about 10 minutes, which was a surprise, considering it's in the middle of town. And to come back any cold evening and walk on those heated floors... oh, my! Heavenly. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer. Highly recommend!

Great little find in the middle of town

by TripAdvisor Member glory23

We spent a long weekend in Iceland and decided to book a room at Apartment K based on reviews from tripadvisor
We stayed in B2, which was a lovely large studio that was done up very nicely and felt more like a one-bed. The furnishings were all very modern and there were numerous little touches that contributed to a great stay (hydraulic bed, iMac loaded with movies, a 2 person shower with steam bath even..). We also made use of the outdoor hot tub, which is a great idea on a winter night (trust me, it feels better than it sounds)
Our apartment was situated right in the centre of town and it really couldn't have been more convenient.
All in all, Apartment K was a big factor of the great experience that we had in Iceland and we would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a more exciting alternative to normal hotel accomodation

Best value for money in Iceland

by TripAdvisor Member M_Finland

We spent an extended weekend in Reykjavik in early April. The weekend was full of outdoor activities and therefore we wanted our base to be close to action when we were back in the city after our day trips. In addition to the great location, Apartment K (apartment L2) was modern, clean and well equipped (large tv, stereos, Internet connection). As the kitchen was well functioning, we ended up cooking not only breakfasts but also dinners there.

We were welcomed by Kathy when we arrived and she also left us with a long list of restaurants and bars that she recommended.

The apartment was little smaller than pictures make you think but we had enough space for three adults.

Overall, we had a very pleasent stay and value-for-money was incredible as we got an off-season discount of 35% (plus additional 3% for paying in cash).

I would happily stay in Apartment K again and recommend it to my friends.

Home from home!

by TripAdvisor Member helix3d

I arranged a birthday surprise for my husband in Reykjavik for a recent long weekend and having read the reviews, contacted Kathy, the owner of Apartment K. We stayed in H1 and it was absolutley wonderful. The apartment was centrally located and within walking distance to almost every club, bar, restaurant and shop. A view of the mountains from the bedroom and a view of the main drag in Reykjavik from the open plan living room/kitchen. So you could be entertained by the party goers in the streets at night yet be slightly distanced from it. It was very beautifully furnished, modern and immaculatley clean. It contained everything you could wish for and more. The bed was so comfortable and the apartment was warm and very cozy. The power shower is amazing and the apartment basically had everything you would have at home, iron, dishwasher, expresso machine, everything you need to cook, if you prefer to do that and a big TV with 20 or so downloaded movies, prepaid phone for local landline calls and much more. Kathy and her husband are delightful and they couldn't do enough for us. She arranged a cake, balloons and champagne for my husband upon our arrival. She will stock up the fridge for your arrival and charge a 15% mark up for her efforts. She will make restaurant reservations and basically advise you on anything you need, day trips etc. If we return we will certainly contact Kathy and stay in any one of her great apartments. She was just finishing the refurbishment of 3 new apartments when we arrived. If you dont mind the revellers in the early hours of the morning, the location is fantastic. We did'nt mind because we joined the revellers every night! Besides, it is not as bad as they say and certainly not continous shouting. Just muffled sounds now and again of people generally have a good humoured fun evening. Apartment K is very good value and I would recommend it highly, without hesitation. Don't stay in any of those boring hotels. Self catering is the way forward!

Best location, unique and beautiful place - a true home away from home!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kinneymoon

I found Apartment K on tripadvisor.com but there were only a few posts as it's a newer place. So I contacted Kathy, the owner and manager, and she sent me full details and all kinds of photos via email. I was astounded at the incredible apartments she has set up (at rapid pace) in the heart of Reykjavik's downtown area. I could hardly choose which apartment to book, they were all so beautiful!! My sister and I decided on H1, and we were nothing less than blown away by the place.

Not only was everything completely remodeled in beautiful materials, Kathy thought of every detail necessary to make her guests feel at home - and then some! Each piece of furniture and lighting was a fun and unique designer piece, Kathy's own incredible artwork graced the walls, and the kitchen was fully stocked with everything you might need, from cooking breakfast to throwing a party. Food is so expensive in Reykjavik; we saved a lot of money by utilizing the grocery store and our kitchen. We especially loved the great little espresso machine with Illy pods. All lighting was on dimmers, the flat screen TV was hooked up to a Mac mini loaded with movies, and we used the bose iPod dock almost constantly. Wireless internet was fast and easy throughout the apartment, and Kathy was really helpful in helping us with any trip planning, eating, shopping, going out, etc.

As if this weren't enough, the bed was a top of the line tempurpedic, and all windows had sheer and opaque shades to make sure a good night's sleep was possible. The apartment is literally one block off the main shopping/eating/party street, which was GREAT. It did get a little noisy at night, but nothing that prevented us from sleeping like babies.

If you're looking for a fantastic place to stay for a very reasonable price, you won't find a better place in Reykjavik than Apartment K. It does cost more on a base level than a lot of the chain hotels in Reykjavik, but keep in mind they are outside the main part of town and taxis are incredibly expensive! I have no doubt this is the best deal in town, not to mention the most fun...we can't wait to head back and check out her other apartments.

Family of 4 over Easter holiday

by TripAdvisor Member 1910EMF

Found Apt. K on trip advisor. Reviews are very accurate! Stayed in L1 and it was perfect for our family. Children in a pullout in living room and a nice bedroom for my husband and me. Kitchen small but had EVERYTHING you could need. This apartment is far enough from the liveliness that we had no trouble sleeping. Over Easter holiday, no problems parking at all. A perfect home base for our trip. The Easter Bunny had no trouble finding our children and hid eggs in the living and dining area. Bathroom had lovely tile work and a nice shower with deep tub that our daughter loved! Kathy was a super hostess and we are grateful for her help in planning our days. Without a doubt, Apt. K was the best choice for our vacation!!

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member olgabo

Apt k succeeded all my expectations!!!!!!!!!!! The place itself was unbelievable in every way. It was unique, classy, 'boutiquesque', but at the same time convenient in every single way. The location was right in the heart of the city, so we walked eveywhere! Honestly, when I got there I wanted to buy it. The manager was one of the nicest women I have ever met and answered all my questions before I even got there, as well as made fabulous suggestions. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone. But in all honesty, nothing I could right in this review will give Apt K justice...you MUST stay there is you are planning a trip to Reykjavik!

Everything and more!!

by TripAdvisor Member miss_belex

WOW. By now you've read how well Kathy treats her guests, so I won't write more on that.
We were fortunate to be the first guests to stay at their new property. It was something out of a design magazine. Beautiful.
It was so lovely that I made note of the fixtures in the kitchen and came home and remodeled my kitchen. So, everyday I use the Blanko faucet I think of Kathy and the fantastic time we had in Iceland. I can't imagine staying anyplace else but in one of her expertly managed properties.

wonderful!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member londoner55

We stayed for four nights in March 2008 and had an absolutely wonderful stay. The apartment was everything we could wish for and the owners went out of their way to make our trip as enjoyable as possible (including a recommendation to the best restaurant we have ever eaten in). We cannot recommend these apartments enough!!!

Chic place in a fantastic location!

by TripAdvisor Member JJV12

We stayed at Apt K for a long weekend in unit B2. The location couldn't be better as everything in central Reykjavik is within close walking distance. Well equipped with dishes, dishwasher, range, fridge, iron, hairdryer, etc. Many windows, sauna shower, hot tub in courtyard. The owners were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasure. Thanks!

Children get free horse-carriage rides.Children get free horse-carriage rides.

Reykjavík weather.Reykjavík weather.

Vikings in Reykjavík.Vikings in Reykjavík.

Old army shelters on Öskjuhlíð hill.Old army shelters on Öskjuhlíð hill.

Getting to Bergstadastraeti

by sprite24

Hi, I'll arriving in Iceland in 10 days' time and have booked my accommodation with Apartment K. I intend to take the Arrival via Blue Lagoon Tour with Reykjavik Excursion which will finish at BSI Bus Terminal at 9.45pm. Can anyone tell me how I can get to Bergstadastraeti (Check in reception of Apartment K) from BSI Bus terminal?

Thanks alot in advance.

by Odinnthor

Good choice of hotels! Apt. K is excellent. The BSI terminal is practically walking distance from Bergstadastraeti

by Odinnthor

....sorry, pushed the wrong button. I don't know where you are from but will assume you have access to Google. Input BSI Reykjavik, and zoom in on it. A little bit north east of the terminal you will se Bergstadastraeti. Print out the map. Look at the distance measurer and you will see that it is a perhaps a 100 yards. I know it is at night, but you are perfectly safe. Alternative, if you have a lot of lugguage, is to take a short cab ride.

If you need any further information on what to do I can add to this information, - no problem, - and welcome to my country.

by Odinnthor

...should have added to input in Google BSI Reykjavik, and click on maps......

by sprite24

Thank you so much for the info. :D:D

by Odinnthor

You are quite welcome....d:o)
Let me know if you need any info on what to do there and such. Enjoy your journey.

by erensm

Bergstadastraeti is close to the BSI bus station, but is also quite long. Apartment K is almost at the beginning, close to Laugarvegur, about 15 minutes walking from BSI.

by Odinnthor

That is actually correct. The hotel is close to Laugarvegur, at the other end of Bergstadastraeti. Perhaps a little to far to walk with lugguage. Still, a short cabride though.

by Regina1965

You will need a cab to go there in the dark at this time of the year. A short ride and wont be that expensive.

Comments