Brautarholt 22 - 24, Reykjavik, 105, Iceland

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 371% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Nice...

I'm not sure how to write this review, though I stayed here I have no idea hw much the room was as I was transferred here from the Cabin Hotel. I don't think this hotel charges the same rates as the Cabin, if they do then 29euros would be a bargain because that's what I paid the for the other place.

The room was pretty large and it had a TV and tea and coffee facilities which I think is a bit rare in Icyland. There's a heater too which was great as I'd been out rafting and all my clothes were wet. All were dry by the morning! The location is OK, around 15mins walk I guess into the centre of town but you don't have to go far before you hit some cafes and bars. The hotel has a restaurant which is where they also serve breakfast. The breakfast I thought was actually very good which is why I guess the room rate here is more that I paid the other hotel.

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo

A Hotel You May Be Able to Afford!

The Hotel Bjork is a nice mid-range hotel about 20 minutes walk from the centre of Reykjavik. Anybody who has sampled the mad party atmosphere in the centre at the weekend will appreciate the advantage of being able to get some quiet sleep when you finally get back in the early hours. Rooms are a reasonable size and fairly modern design. The hotel does a good self-service breakfast enabling you to afford to live! Nice staff and and an internet PC in reception is about the extent of its other facilities.

Unique Quality: No hassle quiet 3 *hotel that provides a chilled environment to get some zzzzz!

Directions: Follow Laugavegur (one of the main streets) heading East. The hotel is a brisk 15-20 minute walk from the town centre.

More about Hotel Bjork

Great Hotel !!

by shawnT about Hotel Bjork

A very nice hotel very close to downtown Reykjavik. The service was excellent, very nice breakfast inclded. The woman at the front desk "Dorota" is extremely helpful and patient with directions and maps.
Also, there is a GREAT womens gym directly across the street. I highly recommend it

Great 3* Hotel

by Joby1 about Hotel Bjork

This is a cosy little hotel only 10 minutes away from the City Centre. The bedrooms are basic but really spacious with brilliant mountain views. The staff are very friendly and chatty and the breakfast is just right! The biggest shopping centre is a 15 minute walk away and the main bus terminal is 10 minutes away which is handy if you have booked any tours! Excellent mountain views!

Good Quality Hotel at a good price

by to-the-moon about Hotel Bjork

We stayed 5 days in Hotel Bjork and we enjoyed the whole stay. We had a fantastic view from our room every morning, of Mount Esja all covered in snow.
The staff are polite and friendly and are very happy to ring and book an excursion for you.
The Flybus, Grayline and Reykjavik Excursions all pick up & drop off at the hotel.
Once you find your way around it is only a 15 minute walk into the City Centre

The beds are the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel and its very tempting to lie-in too long. The shower was good and towels included. Breakfast buffet is plentiful (cold meats & bread, and cereals), and Dinner is available in the restaurant attached to the hotel.

I'd definatley stay here again. Great view of Mount Esja (across the harbour) from some of the rooms
Free internet access!

Accomodation in Reykjavík

by isolina_it about Hotel Bjork

It is a nice common hotel in town. Not really in the heart of the city but just 15 minutes walking buy. As any other hotel they can help you organising your day tours, they have access to internet and good breakfast.
I do not think they have rooms with cooking facilities or fridge (this last point not so good as we would have liked to store some cola or wine...)

Nice, Clean, Friendly...but Not So Close to Center

by TripAdvisor Member TMANewYork

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while I was attending the Iceland Airwaves festival. I booked this hotel after reading the reviews here and people saying it was 10 minutes from the center. I'd say that estimate was slightly off. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the center of town--which doesn't sound like much, but when it's in the wee hours in the morning, and you have had quite a bit to drink, it can seem like an eternity to get back to the hotel. You'll also pass a few stray drunks here and there, who may or may not try to approach you, so if you get scared easily either don't stay out too late, or walk with a friend.

Most of the concerts were right in the city center, so we had to plan our hotel stops accordingly. Hotel Bjork has a really friendly, helpful staff, who were nice to us even when we were buzzing in at 3am, slightly drunk. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfy, and the rooms are pretty warm once you learn how to keep the heat going.

If I find myself in Reykjavik again, I would probably look for a hotel closer to the center, but I can't say anything bad about Hotel Bjork.

Very good, reasonably priced

by TripAdvisor Member Sally-Manchester

We got a good deal on Hotel Bjork with Expedia as we also booked our flights through the site. It was very reasonably priced compared to many others we considered and we weren't disappointed. The hotel and the room was very clean, smart and warm and the staff were helpful and friendly.

The location was better than we thought as it really was only a few minutes walk from the bottom of the main shopping street - we didnt even mind this walk in the depths of winter. It benefits from being in a quiet slightly out-of-downtown location so we found our stay quiet and peaceful.

Breakfast was fine.

I would definitely stay again.

good basic accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member Sloman474

Hotel Bjork has good basic accomodation at reasonable price.
Hotel is 25 minute walk from town centre. Doors open all night.
Rooms with even numbers face back yard, odd numbers face the scenery.
Lift and stairs to all floors. Clean and tidy, internet computer at reception, internet connections in the rooms. TV, coffee makings and bathroom included. No room service. helpful reception.
Well served by sightseeing buses etc.
Iceland is an expensive country so save a little by staying here.
Breakfast is typical nordic/european cereal, cold meats and bread/toast self-service.
Chemist and small supermarket within 5 minutes brisk walk.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member ruthmh

We had 5 nights here for the price of 4.

Staff incredibly helpful and go the extra mile, duvets wondefully wam, food great and the big plus was the in-house restaurant which is open 11am to 10pm and this means that you can "refuel" as and when according to your program. Food very tasty and reasonable - unlimited soup and salad, with a baked potato came to about #25 for 2!

Hotels in Reykjavik for short stay

by kingfisheroutdoors

Hi, We are taking advantage of Icelandic Airlines free stopover en route to Germany and we will have two nights in Reykjavik. I have read many good things about Hotel Fron, Hotel Bjork and Foss Hotel and they are all in our price range (traveling on a little budge) and they all include a complimentary breakfast.
Have any of you out there stayed at any or all of these hotels and could you let me know the pros and cons of each.

Thanks

Re: Hotels in Reykjavik for short stay

by GrumpyDiver

We stayed at the Fron in August 2007. I have no issues recommending it. Good location (walking distance to downtown and the Hallgrimmskirkje) perhaps 10 minutes. Clean rooms and nice dining area from breakfast.

Re: Hotels in Reykjavik for short stay

by Odinnthor

Agree. The Fron is a fine place to stay, especially due to the central location. Both of the others are fine as well, Bjork before Foss. I like the Fron best of the three. Good luck and enjoy my country.......

If you need further information on what to do/see, just say the word.....d:o)

Comments