Hjaltadalur Hotels

Our Members Say

• Regina1965 profile photo Regina1965
  • Reviews: 1786

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hólar in Hjaltadalur.: A very lovely stay at Hólar - highly recommended.

I had a very enjoyable and refreshing stay at the lovely guesthouse at Hólar in Hjaltadalur and would recommend it to everybody staying there. They offer various forms of lodging, but I opted for a house with 2 bedrooms and the shower and WC in the corridor. There is also a big kitchen there. In another corridor there were at least 4 rooms, but at the time I visited in July 2010 I didn't meet anybody and had the whole place to myself (I stayed for 2 days). I heard some people come into the other room very late the first night and heard them leave very early the next day. So my stay there was fantastic. There is a door from the kitchen which opens out in a small garden and there it was wonderful to sit outside in this beautiful valley and have breakfast.

The room had a comfy bed, lots of closet space and a very high ceiling. And the price was only ISK 8.400 for two people, which is a very reasonable price.

The reception in the main-building is open from 8-22 in the summer time.

I stayed here again in July 2013 with my mother and again we had the whole house to ourselves. I am definitely going to stay here again, I just love this place.

There is a swimming pool at Hólar by the main building and a restaurant in the main building. They also have a very good campsite in the beautiful forests at Hólar. I am going to add a more detailed tip on Hólar in a couple of weeks.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average