Fosshotel Laugar

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 78% more and rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Poisonous cesspit

My reservation in Fosshotel Laugar originally said I would be staying for 3 weeks while I moved through the isolated countryside, collecting samples, vulcanic data and collected trace minerals in water, air and from plants to bring back to the university laboratory where I work.

Now, I've lived with the aborigenese in cowhide tents in the Kperk region, I've spent a night in an igloo, I've even dug a hole to sleep in one time when I was in Africa.
    None of that prepared me for what I encountered at Fosshotel Laugar. The rooms, simply put, have no amenities. At least in my hole in Africa, there was cellphone reception. If you are a smoker, beware. In Laugar, there are no televisions and even no radio reception. You will get restless and this dump, for some reason, is "smoke-free" (not that it matters, there is a certain stench about the place, which I shall discuss later).
    In the igloo, there was a little hole in which the people therein could defecate or urinate. In Fosshotel laugar, there is no such thing. If you are a smoker, a person that defecates or urinates, this place is not recommended.
    Oh, also, just because it's iceland, don't think it doesn't have bugs. In my cowhide tent, I got fewer mosquito bites than I did in Fosshotel laugar.
    Yes, my room did not even have working lightbulbs! But lucky for me, it's iceland, the country of the midnight sun, so it was bright outside. And since my room did not have curtains, I was treated to bright sunlight for the duration of every night.

Now, another aspect. One that I consider more serious.
    The first morning. After ignoring my dubious looking "breakfast", I noticed that my nose was clogged and my mucus membrane was hurting. As we all know, these are often the symptoms one experiences when staying in a house where ASBESTOS has been moved about. I did some readings on the air in my room.
    As it turned out, the asbestos levels in my hotel room were nearly 650% over the "safety margin". This hotel is a health-hazard.

Unique Quality: ASBESTOS!
    Strong smell of burnt fish, I think it eminates from a factory nearby.

Directions: Next to the factory in Laugar.

Comments