Vík í Mýrdal Hotels

Our Members Say

• jojes profile photo jojes
  • Reviews: 172

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vestri Pétursey II in Mýrdalur: Great cottages near Vik

These cottages are simply fantastic.
We ended up here when the accomodation we originally booked had apparently noted our arrival 1 month later, leaving us with no place to stay. They then arranged for us to stay at these cottages.

The 2 cottages lie next to the owner's farm at the foot of Pétursey mountain, at 2,5 kms from the beach. You can see Dyrhólaey from here.
The cottage was impecably clean and very spatious. Both cottages are about 46 sq. metres
Towels and sheets can be rented upon request.

There is an integrated kitchen/living room, as well as a decent sized bathroom. There are 2 bedrooms, 1 with a double bed and 1 with 2 single beds.

The kitchen had every necessary facility: microwave, 2 cooking plates, toaster, coffee maker, ...
There's a dining table with chairs for 6.
Both cottages have a large terrace.

The owners are very friendly people. Very helpful and always ready to give you extra information on the farm and/or the area.

We know for sure we'll be booking here again on a next visit!

When we visited everything was laid out to start building a third cottage.

Couldn't stay in a better place in the vicinity of Vik ... !

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written May 11, 2013

Cottages Vestri P��tursey II near Vik

• a5floor profile photo a5floor
  • Reviews: 1497

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Lundi: Hotel Lundi

Hotel Lundi is a small hotel. All the rooms are upstairs. There is no elevator in the hotel, so for wheelchairs this hotel is not suitable. The rooms itself are small. But you can move around. There is no tv in the room. The tv is situated in a general area with couches and chairs. Everybody can use this tv.

Email: hotellundi@islandia.is
Fax: +354-(0)487-1404

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written October 14, 2007

Hotel Lundi

• mplessers profile photo mplessers
  • Reviews: 53

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Skogar campground: A tent with a view

Other tips will tell you to see the waterfall... but from the campground here, you have the skogarfoss in sigth for a whole evening (and night if you like). There is also a small cafetaria where you can warm yourself at rainy days.

This is also the place where the extended Laugarvegurinn hike starts (or ends).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 26, 2005

Great view at the Skogafoss

• hat53 profile photo hat53
  • Reviews: 109

Skogafoss Campground: must be a noisy campgroud

We didin't stay at the campground, but when you visit the skogafoss you pass it. If has clean toilets that are also available for visiors.

You can camp near the skogafoss so all night you will hear the water falling down. Must be a good lullaby.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Eco-Tourism
  • Written June 23, 2005

camping near the foss

• coceng profile photo coceng
  • Reviews: 4800

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Youth Hostel...: Very Comfortable...

This is The Youth Hostel in Vik i Myrdal.
It is a comfortable place to stay & a cheap one too ! Well, according to Iceland standard anyway...
When I reached the place, there was nobody in sight.
I saw a notice saying that I had to call a certain toll-free number; The notice was put next to a public phone.
Thinking that it's toll-free, I didn't put the coins first to dial the number; Tried many times, could hear a girl's voice but she couldn't hear me ! She was probably thinking that somebody was playing with the public phone to 'harass' her...
Then, I put back down the receiver & put some coins & dialed the number again.
When I could hear her voice again, my coins all came out & she could hear me !
I had called her from Reykjavik the previous day to book; It is advisable to book a bed in The Youth Hostels around Iceland or you would have to sleep in the campgrounds !
She then told me that my bed was ready; Asked me to go up the stairs & into my room;
"I would see you later, okay..", she said.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 18, 2004

Youth Hostel in Vik i Myrdal, Iceland

• Bjorgvin profile photo Bjorgvin
  • Reviews: 598

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hótel Vík

Hótel Vík í Mýrdal is an attractive new hotel beautifully located beneath Víkurhamrar cliffs in Vík. The hotel offers 21 double rooms, a lounge and breakfast facilities. All rooms have WC and shower telephone and satellite TV. We also offer 5 summerhouse-cottages, each with 2 rooms.

A seafood buffet served in a cave by Reynisfjall, on Myrdalsjokull glacier in connection with snowmobile trips, or by Hjorleifshofdi. The seafood buffet is ideal when sailing on the wheel boat from Vik, along the shore and by Reynisfjall. Here is a good opportunity to study the south coast's great birdlife. In a columnar basalt cave under Reynisfjall they serve the best in seafood.

• Opinion of Price: N/A