Newtown, The Burren, NA, Ireland
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Cappabhaile House

Beautiful Burren Location

by TripAdvisor Member nanaBnana

This is a great B&B with gracious hosts (Conor and Margaret Fahy) and spacious rooms. The breakfast is one of the best; Margaret makes amazing breads! There are many things to do in the Burren and Margaret is a wealth of information. Try to go to the Whiskey Pub in town; a great little pub full of friendly locals. We will stay here again someday!

my stay in cappabhaile house

We stayed at Cappabhaile in Ballyvaughan for 3 nights in May. If you want to stay at a nice quiet secure place - this is the place for you. The room we stayed in had a comfortable king size bed and so much space they even had a twin in the room as well. I really slept so soundly and the room was cleaned well, it looked so new even though they said this is their 10th year you would not know it on the inside. They seem to be able to a good few kids but even so the place was still very very quiet and peaceful. As for the breakfast they had everything on offer, from the usual fries to fruit platters which were fab, so many type of wonderful ommettetts and even salmon.. We would definitely stay again.

Great bed and breakfast... Excellent Value for money

I have stayed at many Irish Bed and Breakfasts of all sorts, locations and price ranges over the past number of years, but I must say Cappabhaile House is the best by far. The have a fantastic facility with massive rooms, classey furniture, spectacular views and they put the "room" in bathroom. Then on top of that the level of service is just top class, they are very friendly and helpful with great tips and advice as regards walking, weather, pubs etc. Without a doubt their breakfast is the best I have ever sat down to eat with a very extensive choice and very generous portions and brilliantly cooked and presented. I am looking to forward to our next visit already.

The breakfast waitress had some great legs

by TripAdvisor Member YUP1

I visited Clare for two nights and could speak most highly of this particular B&B. I was given room 7 which offered a fantastic view of the mountain then onto the bay. The room was impeccably furnished with a queen sleigh bed, an additional single bed and beautiful antiques. The host, Conor and Margaret are refreshing and succinctly knowledgeable of the area. There children were also quite helpful while escorting us to the room

There was information in the lobby for all kinds of tours and places to visit. Besides a perfectly manicured lawn for the children to play, there is an indoor playroom with games and a pool table. I had never been to Clare and just happened upon the place in the middle of the week. Thanx be to God for my good fortune. If I ever visit again, this will be the place to stay.

A Great Place in the Burren

by TripAdvisor Member prc19

We spent two nights at this B&B as our west Ireland base and were happy to be there. The place is clean and the rooms are comfortable and big. Our three daughters enjoyed being able to order breakfast each night from a long list of choices. They also liked the game room and the back yard which gave them room to run around and explore. The hosts were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to welcome us in to their Inn.

Connor, the man who owns this place (and built it himself) seems to know every inch of the Burren and truly loves it. He will gladly help you to find ancient ruins and castles on their map and he even takes you to one of the countless photographs on a hallway wall to show you what you'll see. His wife seems equally nice and welcoming but we didn't get much of a chance to talk with her.

Here's a word of warning about Cappabhaile House breakfasts: they are generous. Let them know exactly what you want (how many eggs etc.)because if you are a light eater, you are likely to find yourself with so much breakfast you'll feel bad leaving it behind. My kids ordered scrambled eggs the first morning and each of them got enough to feed the whole family! They were looking around in awe and wondering how our family could possibly eat this much food...especially since we each had already been served a bowl of cereal and some really great Irish brown bread with butter. We did better the next morning. The food tasted great.

Cappabhaile is a few minutes drive from the town of Ballyvaughan. It was quiet, clean and beautiful. After dinner we'd get an ice cream (with the flake) and take a walk down to the water to see boats and friendly cats and it was all really quaint and fun. The Burren is an amazing part of the country and we enjoyed it there and enjoyed our stay at Cappabhaile.

Relaxing visit

We needed a relaxing holiday, we found Cappabhaile house and e mailed for details, decided to telephone what a helpfull delightfull couple, arrived, after welcome went to our room, another surprise extra large and comfortable with a terrific view. Nothing was to much trouble, directions, information and local knowledge. the food was excellent the service great. This is a family run guesthouse which I would not hesitate to recommend and I hope to return one day.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member closetartist

This B&B was almost more like a small hotel because there were so many rooms there. The room we stayed in was nice and clean but unnecessarily large --- we had three beds in a room for just two people! It has nice views of the Burren and we woke up to see cows staring in our window. Conor, the owner of Cappabhaile, gave us some great tips on seeing the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. The breakfast was very good. We both thought that this was a very nice B&B in a good location, but we stayed in others on our trip that we liked better for around the same cost.

Best B&B In Ireland

by TripAdvisor Member jh_nj

Our stay at the Cappabhaile House was the highlight of our trip to Ireland. The B&B had plenty of room to accomodate myself, wife, and four children. Rooms were spacious, extremely clean and tastefully decorated. The Cappabhaile House had outstanding breakfasts with generous portions, many different choices with an attentive staff, our waitress, Theresa, was fabulous.

The hospitality offered by the hosts, Connor and Margaret, was exceptional. They went out of the way to insure the visit was enjoyable, they had extensive knowledge of the Burren and were able to provide many suggestions of places to visit and things to do. The Cappabhaile House is located in a very convient location in western Ireland it is a few minutes drive from Ballyvaughan and located close to all major attractions.

I highly reccomend the Cappabhaile House, this was the best B&B of our trip.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member dannycan

Fantastic Rooms, well fitted out with loads of Space
Fantastic Breakfast, great choice and well cooked and presented
Fantastic Facitity with first Class Decoration
Fantastics host
and exceptionally clean.

Spotless

by TripAdvisor Member L1Ll12N

I stayed in Cappabhaile B&B for 2 nights during July and the rooms were very large and absolutely spotless. We stopped there on our way back from the Cliffs of Moher. It was such a lovely drive and the B&B is in an ideal location in Ballyvaughan (in the heart of the Burren). There was a great choice of breakfast and the staff were very friendly and pleasant. It was very relaxing which is exactly what we needed. I would definitely recommend it as a 'must stay' if you're planning a trip to Clare, Ireland.

Comments