Bunratty Castle Hotel

See Amenities

Bunratty Castle Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2012

We stayed here and based out of this hotel at the end of our stay in Ireland. We were given the farthest possible room from the front door (I was using a cane for my knee). While the room was quiet, it was supposed to be non smoking. It smelled of smoke. My major complaint with this establishment is the weddings, sometimes more than one a day. All the receptions take place in THE LOBBY. This makes is nearly impossible to get in the front door to the lifts to one's room, or conversely out the lifts to the front door. Wi-Fi rarely worked in the room, and because of the weddings, there was no area downstairs that was occupied one could be.

This was quite frustrating and even though I paid to be here, I felt as though I was intruding. I won't stay here again. It is way to busy and they're primary business is not their guests, but the weddings and events that they hold.

Bunratty is great for basing out of to see The Burden, and much of southwestern Ireland, easily Galway, the Cliffs of Mohr, Shannon airport, and of course Bunratty Castle are close by. Cork was just a two hour drive or so by motorway.

Connor at The Creamery will give excellent lessons in whiskey tasting, and Dirty Nellie's had good seafood.

Unique Quality: Full Irish breakfast is included with the stay
Have a spa, but we did not use it

grandmaR's Profile Photo

A view of the Castle

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2007

As you can see from photo 5, the hotel was literally across the street from the Castle which you can see past the trees in the center of the photo. The room had a TV, a luggage rack, wardrobe, ironing board, mirrors and shutter type windows which folded out. My grandson gave me heart palpatations leaning out the window to take pictures. He was intrigued by the heated towel racks which he had not seen before.

We had free wi-fi in the room which was excellent.

The toilet in our room stopped up the afternoon of the first day, and they moved us next door. They were wisking us out so quickly that they took my shoes which I had taken off, so I walked to the new room in my bare feet (which were still swollen which was why I didn't have socks on). I also left my nightgown on the back of the bathroom door, but they recovered it for me.

The breakfast each morning, consisted of eggs, fries, tomatoes, black pudding, mushrooms, toast, cereal, milk, juice, tea coffee.

Unique Quality: I do not know exactly how much we paid but normal rack rates for a room including breakfast at the time we stayed there was €90.00 each.

My grandson took several photos of the hallway, which he thought was like the one in the movie "The Shining".

We walked over to the Folk Park. I had a cane with a seat, and I sat down to rest at the end of the driveway. The cane slipped out from under me and dumped me on the ground. I took photo 4 from where I was sitting on the sidewalk before I got up. Photos one and three were taken by my grandson.

Directions: From Airport, 1st roundabout - 1st exit onto Airport Road – N19

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bunratty Travel Forum

Need advice about Bunratty, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Bunratty and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bunratty hotel reviews

dont use utensils
Bunratty Folk Park
The castle of course!
Things to Do
skip the "Banquet" & enjoy fine dining experience!
Restaurants