Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Based on 384 reviews
Booking.com Priceline

A Reception to Remember

by written on February 11, 2005

This is the fantatsic restaurant at the Ballinalacken Hotel, also dueled as our wedding reception and dinner location. And the food rocks, it's actually a culinary destination of Ireland for many!

Interior Castle

by written on February 11, 2005

Here's the old castle standing behind the hotel. It's incredible. There are sheep that graze inside the castle and you can tour it and walk/explore all the different floors, all the way to the top...this ruined castle is indescribable. Ask Marian, the owner, to have her father give you a tour! He comes off a bit grumpy, but really he's a bear.

cat-alunya's Profile Photo

I know you wanna see more photos of this place!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2005

This was my suite- an extra large living room with working fireplace, armoir, couches, desks, a seperate large bedroom and absolutely lovely bathroom.
The pictures on this hotels site just don't do it justice, so I'll add a few more tips so you can see...next stop- the castle looming behind this hotel...

cat-alunya's Profile Photo

Castle and Hotel- Come on- what more do you want?

by written on February 11, 2005

My stay at the Ballinalacken hotel was incredible, ofcoruse, I was days from being married when I stepped in the door so I'm a little biased.
The rooms are spacious, lovely and traditional. The staff is kind and generous and the breakfast is fantastic- fresh granolas with thick real yogurt, berries, fresh juice, breads, black puddings, teas, coffees- i'm hungry right now thinking about it!
We were married on the Burren/cliffs near the water and held our reception at the Ballinalacken restaurant. We are foodies and really appreciate and require excellent food..they didn't disappoint, serving some of the best food I've eaten in my life.

Unique Quality: The Views are spectacular! Right on a lush green hill overlooking the coast. The Aran Islands are in view from the windows of the hotel. One particular room that can had has a glass sun room attached that overlooks that view. I gave that room to my mother and I took the suite with the fireplace and seperate bedroom.

Directions: The hotel is positioned 3 miles from the town of Lisdoonvarna on the R477 coast road, and approximately 2 miles from the coastal village of Doolin.
Distances from Various Locations

• Suites
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Doolin Travel Forum

Need advice about Doolin, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Doolin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Doolin hotel reviews