Killilagh House

Main Street, Doolin, Ireland
Killilagh House
Booking.com eDreams

More about Doolin

Dunmacphelim castle or Doonmacfelim CastleDunmacphelim castle or Doonmacfelim Castle

Inis Oirr BeachInis Oirr Beach

base of the cliffs with nesting birdsbase of the cliffs with nesting birds

viewing areaviewing area

car in inishmore

Hi everyone

Can you tell me more about the transportation..
I would like to take my car from Doolin to Inishmore but i dont know the fare
and the timetable.
Please help me as i am planning to make this trip very soon
Many thanks
Aisha

by annemariebyrne

The ferry from Doolin is for foot-passengers only, you'll have to park your car on the quayside like everyone else!

by mektub

Thanks Annemary...can you tell me how much is the parking for 1 day ...thks a million

Thks so much
how much is the parking fr 1 day
any answer on this??
thks a million

by kilnamona

i dont think there is cahrge for parking car,the schedule+ fare can be found on the websites of the 3 companies http://www.doolin2aranferries.ie/ http://www.doolinferries.com/ http://www.obrienline.com/

Travel Tips for Doolin

Don't Forget the Cash!

by Krumlovgirl

The best thing about Doolin is that it is relaxing. You can go hiking by day, take a nap in the afternoon, and then party til dawn with the locals at one of the three pubs where there is always a jam session going on. My best memory of Doolin...

I was very, very sick and there was this really obnoxious woman staying at my hostel. Nobody liked her, but I was kind of neutral about her. She was loud and rude, but when she found out that I wasn't feeling well she kind of took me in under her wing. She gave me medicine, a glass of wine, and even helped me up the stairs. Then she kept her eye on me all week. I really appreciated that.

Fort Aengus is the main attraction of Inismore

by globetrott

When on vacation in Doolin, dont miss to take the ferry-boat to the Aran-Islands and see the main attraction of Innismore : Fort Aengus is a pre-historic castle or maybe a ring-fort built by several circles of stonewalls, BUT the ring is not complete, as the ring is "open" towards the sea and the high cliffs at the backside.Be careful, when walking around inside of Fort Aengus, these cliffs do not have a fence and will fall down about 100 meters. There seems to be a small entrance-fee today, during my visits it was free of charge.
You need to be able to climb a bit and walk on a ground of loose rocks and stones, not really a good place to walk with elderly people or small children !!
Here you may find a few links for Innismore and the other Aran islands:
www.visitaranislands.com
www.aranislandsdirect.com

Doolin IS "Off the Beaten Track"

by Krumlovgirl

There are no trains to Doolin, so if you end up there, you probably meant to. The best "off the beaten track" thing I can come up with is to visit Inishere. It's a good thirty minute ferry ride from Doolin's pier, but well worth it.

Cliffs and Aran Cruises

by chilismom

As I live in Ireland, I know that Cliffs and Aran Cruises have a combo trip to visit the Aran Islands and view the Cliffs of Moher all in the same day. The boat is named the Jack B . It is a very good service direct from Doolin Pier to the Aran Islands. I have to say it is a most enjoyable trip.

Walking back from the cliffs

by EllenH

Our B&B owner, Noel O'Connor was also the town taxi driver. He drove us up to the cliffs of Moher and told us to walk back to town along the cliffs, through the fields. When we saw all the fences and bulls we decided to take the road. Along the way we passed this beautiful sight and when we were eating breakfast the next morning at our B&B we noticed a picture of this same thing on the wall so we asked about it. It turns out this is called "The House of Tunes". It belonged to a very famous musician named Miko Russell and now everyone wants to buy it but it evidently is not for sale. The walk back and all you see is worth it.

Comments