Rainbow Hostel

Doolin, Ireland

• avanutria's Profile Photo

A very colourful and friendly place

I really liked the Rainbow hostel. It was friendly and bright, with not-too-crowded rooms and an en suite bathroom. There was a large kitchen and a few other rooms as well, and I remember it being very quiet at night. The only down side was that this hostel seemed to be the farthest one from town, so it was a bit of a hike. But not bad without a pack on.

Ironically, I forgot that I had black and white film in my camera when I took the picture of the Rainbow hostel. The real rainbow is much more colourful!

Unique Quality: The gentleman who runs the hostel also gives tours of the Burren, and is an avid photographer. On the night I was there he offered a slide show of shots from the area, and about half a dozen of us clustered into the comfy chairs in the den and learned all about the Burren. Very interesting stuff, and he;s a great photographer and tour guide.

What's more - he saw me walking to the ferry pier the next day with my backpack, and offered to give me a lift! What a guy. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to Doolin.

(Do you like this tip? Please rate it, thanks!)

Directions: A heck of a long walk from the bus stop. I later found out I got out at the wrong stop; there were two in Doolin!

Comments