Ennistymon, Ennistymon, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Falls Hotel

Good base for exploring

by TripAdvisor Member Nevertoolate75

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 3nights in September for a great deal of €100 otherwise would probably have driven straight through this little village.
Hotel was nice enough,decor a bit outdated but clean and food pretty reasonable.TI found staff to be generally disinterested in volunteering any info or being hepful. However shining stars for this hotel must go to its spa and also the grounds of the hotel. The spa experience is a fabulously relaxing one,very professionally run and the post treatment relaxation room is to die for! Think relaxing seat beds with views of beautiful greenery as far as the eye can see.
Once again this is definitely a good base for seeing the rest of Clare but a very quiet area.

Very poor indeed!

by TripAdvisor Member liam7

Beautiful grounds, beautiful views but appalling customer service. This hotel is classed as one of the best hotels in the west of Ireland; I think NOT. The staff were very unhelpful and rude, the hotel and rooms were cold, uninviting and even the TV had very poor reception. Thankfully we only stayed for two nights. Its fair to say we will never return. One good point though, there is an amazing restaurant about 200 yards from the hotel (Byrnes I believe).

Loved the Spa. Not impressed with the Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member moycullen

Stayed in the Falls Hotel for 3 nights June 17th/20th, it was our Wedding Anniversary & my husband booked it as a special treat.
The check in was excellent, receptionist was very pleasant. The 1st room we were given was directly over the bar & you could heard very word from the TV (ok it was a Sunday afternoon & the Cork/Waterford hurling match was on), also there was a very noticable stain on the bedspread. We asked to be changed & this was dealt with straight away, we were moved to the other end of the hotel. The room was ok, needs updating, very small tv that did not work (someone did fix it when we asked). No shower curtain. Quality of the breakfast was very poor, all food pre cooked & left in a bainmarie & then you had to wait for someone to serve you. Overall service for breakfast was very poor, No Good Morning from waiting staff. Dining room could do with a good clean especially the chairs.
The Bar food was excellent & the staff were very friendly & pleasant. Noise from overhead bedrooms was very annoying. More than one key should be available to guests. The Spa was fantastic, the staff were so professional in their greeting of guests to all the treatments. I really enjoyed all the treatments & will return soon. The pool, hot tub etc are excellent. Ade the Spa manager was so kind to show me around on Sunday evening even though the Spa was closed. Would not stay in the hotel again. Will return to the Spa.

Relaxing weekend break

by TripAdvisor Member IreneKGalway

My friend and I had a very relaxing weekend break at the Falls Hotel Spa Resort. The weather was great - which was a bonus. The hotel is in a lovely woodland setting with views of a waterfall. The hotel is old but that adds to its charm.

The Spa is out of this world. You need to book the treatments in advance - we were lucky enough to get a cancellation.

The leisure centre has a pool, steam room, jacuzzi and an outdoor hot tub! There is also a gym but we didn't use it. In Ennistymon there is an Italian Restaurant called Holywell - fabulous! We will go back. And we will book Spa treatments well in advance.

Worst Place I have ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member jpreston2002

Myself and my partner stayed in the hotel for one night and I can honestly say it was the worst place we have ever stayed in. The hotel for sure is set on lovely grounds but the staff were rude, unhelpful and whats more some items were stolen from us during the weekend !! It can only be surmised that this was the handy work of the staff members. It is far too over priced. The rooms are dated and damp. It is certainly NOT a luxury hotel as it claims to be. Thank God it was only one night. Would I go back? NEVER IN MY LIFETIME.

Very Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member AugustMM

The rooms are very basic. The fan in the bathroom was very noisy. The latch on the door to the bathroom was broken and I almost got locked in at one point. Food was ok, though the breakfast was a very disorganised affair. Overall I was disappointed and wont be back.

Lovely experience

by TripAdvisor Member julieannec

Just back from a 2 night stay in the Falls Hotel.
Weather fairly miserable but we still had a really nice stay. It was a bank holiday weekend so the hotel seemed pretty full.
there was a wedding on both nights that we were there but this did not affect us at all and noise levels were fine.
We had a really large room which was furnished basically but was clean and comfortable.
its not a modern hotel but i thought this was nice because at least it has a bit of character, ok not everything matched perfectly but that kind of added to its charm!
The first night we had dinner in the Cascades restaurant and it was a gorgeous meal . Breakfast was served here aswell and was decent with plenty of choice.
We also used the swimming pool which is recently added and is a really nice place very relaxing with jacuzzi, steam room , sauna and a fab hot tub outside which we got to use on the last morn when the weather finally cleared up a bit!
I didnt use the spa but my boyfriend had a massage and thought it was good. Over all very pleased with the hotel , the grounds are lovely tho we didnt get to spend much time outside with the rain. Would definitely recommend this hotel and Ennistymon is a good base for all the sights in that area

Do not stay here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DublinTaz

We are a young couple who went to the falls hotel for a nice weekend break in nice surroungings...the surroundings (ie. the woodland etc) were nice but as for everything else....dreadful!!
Unhelpful service, basic rooms (we had to climb 5 flights of stairs to get to ours!) food at dinner was nice enough but the actual restaurant and staff were well below par. We had booked breakfast in our room for nxt morning and it never arrived and when we went to dining room to have it it was like a cattle mart and totally disorganised!! There was also a wedding on and we were kept awake half the night, but that also added to the terrible service. We had booked for two nights, we stayed one....that says it all. Could be a lovely hotel I'm sure with proper management. We would definately not recommend staying here.

Truly the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in.

by TripAdvisor Member Midweek-Tripper

It may be written quite a bit in reviews but when I say this was truly the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in I mean it sincerely.
I stayd there with my wife and two children for a midweek Halloween break. No doubt it was a house of horrors.
The hotel had the most unbelievably rude, unenthusiastic, clueless, unskilled staff imaginable. The bar staff were horrendous and couldn't pull a pint to save their lives. Glasses were filthy. The place was freezing and dead. The restaurant food was very below average. Thrown together. We ordered red wine and were brought white. It felt like the real staff must have gone on strike and they grabbed people from the street to fill in.
It's a real pity, the structure of the building is interesting although the interior needs a complete revamp and the pool area/gym is quite new and well equipped (but there was no life guard) but the atmosphere in the place was ZERO. Thankfully there was a lovely Italian restaurant in Ennistymon or it would have been a complete disaster.

Absolute Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member louisa42

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Falls Hotel last weekend and I have to say it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable breaks away we have had. The grounds around the hotel are beautiful where you can go for a lovely walk by the edge of the river up to the waterfall and through lovely wooded areas. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful and instantly made us feel very welcome. We were on a special package so had dinner the second night both the food and service was fantastic.The highlight however had to be the spa. I had two fabulous treatments a beautiful exotic flower wrap, the scents were to die for, and a heated stone massage. I literally floated back to my room after that. We both really enjoyed our stay here and definitely plan to take a trip back to Ennistymon in the New Year.
P.S. The outdoor hot tub is a must........

eugene'seugene's

st. andrewsst. andrews

cliffs of mohercliffs of moher

o'brien's towero'brien's tower