Wild Honey Inn

Wild Honey Inn
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

New name, new owners...

I have to say that I am in a bit of a quandary here. I was booked into this hotel by someone else, it is probably not the sort of place I would choose to stay if I had been browsing myself. Mid-range hotels in the hands of private owners can either be wonderful finds or appauling dumps.

In it's previous incarnation as 'Kincora House' (some of the signs in the town still use this name) it had very mixed revies to say the least. The new owners seem to be pouring serious money into the place. The bar has had a facelift and the outside has been repainted. The name change is part of this process. I submit that the new name makes you think of a seedy strip-joint trying to appear upmarket.

The rooms in this rabbit warren of a hotel were all bare floors and pine furniture, but clean and presentable.

Breakfast was acceptable but could have been better, and there was something odd about looking at a terrible painting of New York (with the twin towers) whilst downing my eggs and bacon.

In time this could become a good place to stay, for the moment it is a "work in progress".

More about Wild Honey Inn

New name, new owners...

by sourbugger about The wild Honey Inn.

Comments